What would it take? February 18, 2009 04:20PM
We are thinking of putting on a new pull and looking for some ideas on what it would take to get you to come to our pull. This would be a farm stock to limited pro or super farm range. I understand that no one is going to drive 15 hours for this but would you drive 3 or 4 hours to pull or to watch. If we had a decent range of classes and decent pay back would any one be willing to drive out of their normal area? Pay more than 3 places etc.... What about you super farm pullers. Will you come to our pull for a decent purse, if so, how much does it need to be? What pickup classes would be good also? Thanks you.

Re: What would it take? February 19, 2009 05:19AM
what area are you talking about

Re: What would it take? February 19, 2009 06:17AM
NO STREET STOCK PICKUP CLASS IS A GOOD CLASS!!! if you want some bigger tractors like super farms or limited pros to come you cannot expect them to sit through 90 diesel street pickups so they can finally pull at 2:30 in the morning. So if you want to run a class of pickups make it a class where there is not an ungodly amount of pullers maybe a class of super stock gas trucks. I know here in ohio there is a good group of gas pick ups with 15 or so trucks in the class they arent super modified so your fans can still relate to whats going down the track. If you are dead set on running diesel pickups either set a maximum number of entries or make them a different night as your tractors because every single diesel truck in a class of 90 street stock trucks are gonna either gonna drop the driveshaft or go about the same distance as everyone else

Re: What would it take? February 20, 2009 05:07AM
pickup pulling is not a big deal here. Most people like the tractors better, so that is not really an issue.

Re: What would it take? February 20, 2009 06:22AM
i agree make the pick ups a different night. They are mainly tractor wanna bes. A few good running diesels are not bad, what is bad is every tom richard and harry think they have a "great" diesel pick up because they plugged in a little computer gizmo that says it gave them 400 HP over stock!!! hahaha

Re: What would it take? February 24, 2009 02:40AM
Id rather see the diesel trucks pull than the tractors anyday. Tractor drivers are just jealous that more people want to watch diesel trucks than tractors.

Re: What would it take? February 24, 2009 03:16AM
i have a hard time beleiving that comment, cuz i don't see where the driving skill comes in when you are pulling a truck. all four tires on the ground seems pretty easy and boring to me. the crowd like excitment which would be a couple people losing control or something, pretty hard to loose control of a truck right?

Re: What would it take? February 24, 2009 05:33AM
I have nothing against diesel trucks but 100 of them in a class is a show killer 12 to 15 pro stock or super stock 4wd diesel trucks would be a great class. and there is no such thing as a good class of street diesels and nobody is jealous of those guys because half of them drop the driveshaft

Re: What would it take? February 24, 2009 09:10AM
yea lose control of your tractor and hurt somebody, I will just drive by you. Pickup make the show if you dont want to pull at 2:00 dont go. Sit at home and go picknick table pulling.

Re: What would it take? February 24, 2009 09:32AM
Here's what I'd do... Figure with 1 track you can pull 12 vehicles an hour. Have it on a Saturday, start pulling street diesels at noon and by 5pm you'll have gone through 60 of them. Anyone that pays for the noon session pays for the evening session so $30 for noon and evening and $15 for evening only. With 60 trucks you'll have about A LOT of folks right there paying $30 each (whether they stay or not).

Re-work the track between 5 and 7 and start pulling no more than 15 hot farms, then no more than 20 SF's, then as many PS as you can get.

So long as you have good weather...you're set and done by 11pm.

Re: What would it take? February 24, 2009 12:26PM
where is this pull located at and what date are you thinking about.

Re: What would it take? February 24, 2009 02:25PM
Some of this sounds good, but probably not realistic. It would probably be more of a hot farm, super farm, open farm and some sort of pickup pull. We have some money for prize money or whatever, but we want to use it to put on the best show and get a nice number of tractors. The pull would be in western iowa.

Re: What would it take? February 24, 2009 11:59PM
I dont see many trucks dropping driveshaft, and the crowd likes seeing trucks, Diesel trucks are usually pulled last, cause everyone leaves after the trucks pull.

Re: What would it take? February 25, 2009 12:18AM
How bout an open class??

Re: What would it take? February 25, 2009 02:00AM
Not sure what you have for tractors and trucks that pull in iowa, but I think you need a limit on the amout of hooks you have. Take for example farm stock or steet stock. Not everyone wants to see the same thing over and over again. You need to some how come up with a way to limit the number of entries in those classes. I know you hate to turn pullers down, but you need to keep everyone entertained. Also, try to mix up the classes and don't move up in weight classes every 500 pounds. The more people that show up, the more beer you will sell. Not everyone likes the same thing. The moke smoke you have, the better the show will be. A good pay out is important. Truck and tractor pullers put an awful lot of time and money into these things and need to get some money back. I don't expect to make money in this sport, but if you take first place its nice to get fuel money back and alittle extra. Also, advertisment is key for both spectators and pullers. You can't hand out or send out enought flyers in the mail or advertise on the radio enough. Just my thoughts.

Re: What would it take? February 25, 2009 05:35AM
Boy you diesel truck guys are pretty full of yourselves. Not everybody wants to see 100 diesel trucks and if u would use both of your eyes and read what i said i said i have nothing against diesel trucks they can be fun to watch but when every billy in a 5 county radius decides they are going to go to the pull and show every body whats up then your there til your next birthday watching the same thing going down the track. I have never ever been to a pull when they pulled a street diesel class last because everybody loves to watch them they save the most powerful and high speed class last which in this case would be a superfarm class. I went to 30 pulls last summer between OSTPA NTPA and brush pulls the last class was always mods semi's or the highest powered open class at the brush pull. The idea of starting a pull at noon or whatever isn't a bad idea but the promoter better be ready to pay for the sled to be there for 12 hours because every sled that I know of has a 4 to 5 hour limit and after that its gonna cost you. Also my friend who has an NASOA class 8 sled has been thinking of putting in a per hook fee for those brush pulls with more than 100 hooks a night so that is another thing to think about. I hope i have been of assistance

Re: What would it take? February 27, 2009 03:22PM
why would anybody want to watch 50 superfarms go down the track and snuff the charger when a truck goes down faster and spins out from power.

Re: What would it take? February 28, 2009 12:31AM
dont know what date ur thinking of but its getting late in the year to find a sled

Re: What would it take? February 28, 2009 03:49AM
i definitely dont wanna watch more than about 10 superfarms and i wouldnt wanna watch than 10 street diesels either. but i could watch 20 super stock diesel trucks

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,783, Posts: 229,968, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,048.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009