Montgomery County Fair July 24, 2009 04:25PM
Very disappointed in order of pull
Very disorganized
Way too long between pulls
The best part didn't start until almost 11
Right now I am still sitting at pull finally enjoying NTPA that should have been much earlier
The Announcer was pitiful--not at all informative or entertaing
Hardly said anything
Need to invest in better P A system
Been here for years--one of the most boring pulls I've ever seen
Pep it up next year please!!!!!

Re: Montgomery County Fair July 24, 2009 06:26PM
Track was too greasy and the show needed less classes, maybe cut out some ECMTPA classes so you're not doubling up?

Re: Montgomery County Fair July 24, 2009 07:29PM
Oldtimer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very disappointed in order of pull-first two tractor classes were great
Track had way too much moisture - man in charge should have known better--no one had a good hook all night because of the rough and wet track.
> Very disorganized
> Way too long between pulls
> The best part didn't start until almost 11
> Right now I am still sitting at pull finally
> enjoying NTPA that should have been much earlier
> The Announcer was pitiful--not at all informative
> or entertaining
> Hardly said anything
> Need to invest in better P A system
> Been here for years--one of the most boring pulls
> I've ever seen
> Pep it up next year please!!!!!

Re: Montgomery County Fair July 25, 2009 01:25PM
I'll agree. The associations that pulled before NTPA should of had the trucks and tractors both up to the sled a lot quicker that what they did. East Central wasn't bad. They usually do a good job. I would like to recommend that the fair board put speakers on the grandstand side because when the announcer was talking it was very difficult to hear unless it was quiet, and we all know there is no quiet time at tractor pulls. We like the noise, smoke and action. I would also recommend trying to have 2 announcers at the same time that knew what they were talking about. It would help keep the crowds attention if there happens to be down time. PULL ON!!!

Re: Montgomery County Fair July 25, 2009 05:27PM
I attended the Montgomery County Fair on Friday evening and enjoyed it very much. The only concern is that we were sitting on the grandstand side and when someone pulled down the stage side, the equipment preparing the track would usually be in the way of watching that side pull. I understand and appreciate getting the track back in shape for the next puller in a timely fashion, just wish there could be a slight delay until the other side has pulled so we can enjoy both sides. Thank you!

Re: Montgomery County Fair July 26, 2009 11:16AM
you could somewhat hear the announcer better than 2 years ago when they had the demo derby going on in the rodeo arena!!!

Re: Montgomery County Fair July 26, 2009 02:24PM
You guys need more to bitc# about. Went friday had a blast. Track was a little wet and the box blade drove slow, but didn't think the down time was bad more time to drink beer and look at girls. Thanks to the fair promoters for all their work. Some of you should put on a pull. By the way good pork burger.

Re: Montgomery County Fair July 26, 2009 10:27PM
Apparently you do not go to many pulls. Ever traveled outside of the area to see a pull? Compare them if you have. Time between pulls was way more than normal. The 4 wheel drive trucks thought that they needed to drive to the 200' foot mark and then back up to the sled. I understand they need a little room to back up to the sled but not 200'. I agree with you about the blade, could of moved a little faster.

Re: Montgomery County Fair July 27, 2009 02:36PM
Apparently you don't know how to have fun, I'm sorry. Go to a Nascar race they go around the track fast and have fast pit stops.
As far as going to pulls, have been going since I was about 4 months old, ah maybe it was 14 months that 1st year was kind of a
blur. This year went to Gordyville, NFMS, and about a dozen so far this summer. As far as late nights, It Is A Tractor Pull! late nights are
part of it. Have you ever seen one start on time? They must have had their act together or pulled pedal tractors.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,625, Posts: 229,686, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,898.

Our newest member JD_8520