Update on Mike Wilhite August 01, 2009 06:44PM
Mike Wilhite the drive of the Blue Blazes New Holland was in a firey tractor pulling accident Friday night in Tanner, Alabama. I was wondering if anyone has heard if he is out of the hospital or still in?

Re: Update on Mike Wilhite August 02, 2009 02:11AM
he is doing fine, he has some 2nd degree burns on his face.

Re: Update on Mike Wilhite August 02, 2009 05:29AM
I'm Mike's 19 year old daughter. My dad's okay, he was released from the hospital down in Alabama around 5 am Friday night, and returned home here in Bardstown, Ky around 4 pm Saturday. When the tractor exploded my dad didn't have the shield down over the helmet, so the flames left second and third degree burns across his face. The tractor on the other hand is totaled, Here shortly I'll go up to the garage and record the damage on the tractor and upload it on youtube. But my dad is okay. Also when the tractor exploded the dash under the stirring wheel crashed into my dad' knees and injured him there as well. But my dad is overall okay and is at home.

Katie Wilhite

Re: Update on Mike Wilhite August 02, 2009 06:23AM
Thanks for the update, glad your dad is o.k.

Re: Update on Mike Wilhite August 02, 2009 08:34AM
Ok good to hear that he is doing ok.

Re: Update on Mike Wilhite August 02, 2009 08:37AM
Thank God your dad was not seriously injured -- although burns are very serious. You are in our thoughts and prayers here in Missouri.

Re: Update on Mike Wilhite August 02, 2009 09:38AM
Katie I am glad Mike is doing well was wondering if chris or john knew about it saterday. they didn't say anything if they did at burlington.

Re: Update on Mike Wilhite August 02, 2009 09:54AM
Well Chris wasn't at the tractor pull with him this time, my dad was by himself. Chris was just up in the shop looking at the tractor before I left the house. I was recording my dad's tractor showing all the damage because allot of people have asked me to upload it on youtube, I also recorded my dad with it, I hope to have it up on youtube Monday. It takes awhile to upload with our slow internet connection. But everything is fine, Chris and my dad are already working on rebuilding the tractor and hopefully having it ready before pulling season is over. My dad says thank you though, I was showing him the messages earlier when he was down at the house.

Re: Update on Mike Wilhite August 02, 2009 09:58AM
My dad called my mom first when he was at the hospital, and then he notified Chris. He said they were the only two people he talked to after the blow up, he said he would have called more people but the nurses at the hospital IV'd him with all types of pain killers so he was pretty sedated.

Re: Update on Mike Wilhite August 02, 2009 11:03AM
Katie;
Glad to hear your father is OK Sorry to hear the tractor had such heavy damage. . The Wilhite Pulling Team sure adds tons of excitment to the sport of truck and tractor pulling. Good luck.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Update on Mike Wilhite August 02, 2009 11:32AM
Tell Mike if he needs anything, parts, help, etc.. Give me a call. Glad he is ok.

Cody Adgent

Re: Update on Mike Wilhite August 02, 2009 05:34PM
He honestly might just take you up on that offer

Re: Update on Mike Wilhite August 02, 2009 01:59PM
Katie,

I'm glad your father made it through a devastating crash without injuries anymore serious than those he suffered. I wish him a speedy recovered and best wishes for your entire family.

Re: Update on Mike Wilhite August 02, 2009 03:35PM
any idea what caused the failure??

Re: Update on Mike Wilhite August 02, 2009 05:30PM
He's not sure yet what caused it. They've been trying to figure it out, and last time I talked to him he didn't know, but he may know now. I think I remember him saying something about the fuel line breaking. I'll have a video up on youtube uploaded in the morning for people curious of what my dad looks like and the tractor. The engine blew off the block and its hanging out the other side of the tractor, but you'll see that in the morning sometime once I finish rendering and compressing the video.

Re: Update on Mike Wilhite August 02, 2009 11:37PM
I hate to see that this happened to Mike. He is one of the nicest, most humble people that I have ever met and is always willing to take time to help anyone that needs it. I'm very happy that he didn't get hurt any worse then he did, but still he took a huge financial loss. Unlike several other GN pullers, Mike pays for EVERYTHING out of his pocket with no sponsers and he works very hard so he can play hard. I know it comes with the territory, but you still hate to see it happen to somebody like Mike or anybody else for that matter. I really hope he gets it back on track because I know he loves pulling and is probably heartbroken right about now. Good luck Mike!

Re: Update on Mike Wilhite August 03, 2009 08:15AM
Please let us know when you get the video up on youtube.

Re: Update on Mike Wilhite August 03, 2009 02:18PM
I just finished uploading my dads tractor after the explosion on youtube for anyone who wants to check it out.

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Update on Mike Wilhite August 03, 2009 02:50PM
intake,cam and push rods are on the wrong side. that must be a red motor so thats why it makes power . im gonna try me one them dsm coils. ha ha mike take care of your self

Re: Update on Mike Wilhite August 03, 2009 05:37PM
Well the cause of my dads tractor exploding was too much horse power...Thumbs Up

Re: Update on Mike Wilhite August 04, 2009 12:20AM
Ahh, the apple dont fall far from the tree! Get well soon Mike!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009