wnypfp August 26, 2009 08:42AM
why isnt their any alky tractors with the pro farm guys,is it because of their rules. would make a lot better show with some alkys maybe some different colors just my opinion

Re: wnypfp August 26, 2009 10:50AM
We have 1 alcohol in the LLSS class and one more should be out next year.

As for color we have, White, Deere, IH, Oliver, Cockshutt, Ford, Allis, and 3, yes 3 Deutz. All in the LLSS class.

When all of our classes are at the same pull at the same time we have had up to 64 hooks in a little over 3 hours. These guys in this club are all great guys who will help any puller who asks for help at any time.

Come join us and build a tractor or a diesel truck. We have a NA class, a 2.5" turbo class, a heavy trractor class and a LLSS class for the tractors and 2 pickup classes and a street semi class.

I do thank you for your concern of us being short alcohol tractors.

John, owner and driver of Deutzilla. Who once was called chicken and now will never be called that again..........

Re: wnypfp August 26, 2009 12:22PM
thanks for the info! but im talking dedicated llss tractors, not lpf tractors jumping up to llss. 1 white 2 deutz 2 cockshutt 2deere 1 allis 1 ford and all diesel,and why has the oliver 880 the olny alky that was running llss now been runnig in the lpf class.I have seen lpf tractors jump up and run just as good as the llss.As far as me building a tractor to run with wnypfp i never would dont like your rules it seems like it favors the diesel just my opinion. so ill just keep pulling stock.I certainlly like the orvtpa llss their diesels and alkys run pretty close and really strong, lots of different tractors. well again just my opinion not trying to start any trouble. oh what is the other alky coming out next year?

Re: wnypfp August 26, 2009 12:49PM
We have been allowed to pull the 880 in the lpf to help us with the tuning. We struggled a lot last year and the guys in the club have been great, offering any help they can. The other alcohol tractor will be an oliver if it gets finished for next year in lls. We will be running another oliver in the lpf class on alcohol next year. It's not easy to get an alcohol tractor going on a limited budget. Diesels are the easy way, not many people want the challenge/headaches of alcohol at this level of pulling.

Re: wnypfp August 26, 2009 01:02PM
Amen Brother!!!!Winking

Re: wnypfp August 26, 2009 01:11PM
is the 880 carb or injected how many cubes 4 or 7 main block which head ?,I have seen plenty of diesels and alkys with their fair share of problems i have been around pulling for many years and have built plenty of tractors.what eng is in the oliver coming out for next year?

Re: wnypfp August 26, 2009 01:04PM
The club has very good rules and allowed us to try a new technology. I was limited in my cubic inch because we put on a completely electronically controlled fuel system that we haven't seen run on any other tractors. First of all the club didn't know what to expect but still allowed me to pull after making an investment and second it has been hard getting the tractor running right without alot of "experts" to rely on. With a great club and a great crew I have had fun even though we find ourselves to be a little underpowered. Next year will be a new bigger powerplant on mechanical injection and hopefully you will see more competitive alcohol tractors.

Dan Palladino
"High Maintenance"

Re: wnypfp August 26, 2009 01:37PM
Yeah it's nice of them to let you pull your tractor in the lpf class to "tune/try" it. still. BUT how many other times do they let someone else slide and not follow the rules. it says must be carbed have a rpm limit and no electric injection. DO they ever check the RPM limits in the restricted classes? That farmall 560 that pulls both the lpf and llss sure does scream alot. :: All of this sure doesn't make someone want to join your club or build something because it just looks un professional. Maybe i am being a prick but really think about it sometime.

Re: wnypfp August 26, 2009 02:09PM
i know a few guys that would like to pull with wnypfp but wont for that reason, very unorganized group.Just one of many reasons for the low tractor numbers !

Re: wnypfp August 26, 2009 02:17PM
always seems like the rules were always built around 1 certain orange one

Re: wnypfp August 26, 2009 02:48PM
limited light super in ny state what u see is what u get not going anywhere ,take my advide dont wast your time build a light super pull with esp alot of room to grow

Re: wnypfp August 26, 2009 11:16PM
Could you tell me what rules was built around the orange tractor????? We have the same rules as Badger State LLSS except we have alcohol and they do not.

John

Re: wnypfp August 27, 2009 12:36AM
Hey John - There is no sense in debating with someone who is obviously bitter or has an agenda. We have many tractors in every class and aren't struggling for shows to pull them in and have new tractors being built already for next year. Come see our shows!

Re: wnypfp August 27, 2009 01:05AM
If there was a problem witn the 560 it would be taken care of. The tractor is set to the rules and that is were it stays, there is no reason to change things. The club has grown alot in the past few years and there is plenty of interest in it from people who are not pulling in it now. The rules are fair so that all colors can compete and to be at the top doesn't take boat loads of money like other sets of rules do.

now u got me started August 27, 2009 11:33AM
when we set the rules up however many yrs ago we copied word for word the rules from badger state out of the at that time atpa rulebook for the llss so if there are favors made tward a tractor its been done out there not wny. the lt profarm class' rules are about 2/3 of what the llss is...its a stepping stone and if a 560 with a rotary pump and a 3100 spring in it impresses you that much drag something out to run against it, the club is a very good bunch of guys and is a fairly new club, if it wasnt for guys like mark( who is working for the club even when the allis isnt there), john voelpel who no matter where ya got a hook shows up with two tractors and a crew of people that never have to be asked twice to help, the haiers always are there with a minimum of 3-4 tractors, the truck guys are all commited, and dan and jeff with the rest of the "high maintainance" guys no matter what are there to have fun no matter what kind of luck they have( and im lookin forward to you havin my old girl out next yr! wnypfp is in the right direction and has the people in wny to keep it strong, so unless you losers are gonna post your name up on this site, you can come take it up with me at the steamshow and words will be exchanged, otherwise get involved and get an education on how people enjoy their hobby, after all thats all pulling is

Re: wnypfp August 27, 2009 06:16AM
oliver 88 with with 5.9 alky huh nice rules ,i hope it runs will be the olny thing worth going to watch

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009