NWMTPA 466 class September 13, 2009 02:21PM
A few pullers have discussed having a new 466 class in NWMTPA. The ones I have talked with all have the same general rules in mind.
466 cubes with sealed motors
P Pump
either a 2.75 inlet or out of the box GT 3X3 turbo
either 3000 or 3200 rpm
all general safety rules and equipment
other rule can be discussed and worked out

This could and would be a good class drawing large numbers in hooks, and most other associations in the area offer this class so we could go pull with them and they can come pull with us.

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 13, 2009 02:27PM
only if you get rid of those stupid little putt putt classes!

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 13, 2009 02:38PM
why not with a pump?

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 13, 2009 02:46PM
Sure you can run your A pump..... Don't see why the boys would care...

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 13, 2009 02:49PM
Red Alert You have a better A than most P'sWinking

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 13, 2009 03:59PM
Thanks for the comment on the A pump, and thanks to my diesel mechanic for turning mine and another tractor around this year.

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 13, 2009 02:48PM
Why don't you get rid of your b.s class of 12 mph. What a joke with the rules you have. Other associations have classes with less expensive parts involved and run much better than your limited class.

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 13, 2009 02:51PM
TEN 4 on the 12mph B>S good call 1206....

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 13, 2009 02:59PM
GET RID OF THE STUPID SMALL CLASSES FIRST! THAT BS AT STANBERRY WAS CRAZY! THAT PULL WAS WAYYYYYYYYY TO LONG. TALK ABOUT GETTING RID OF CLASSES BEFORE YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT ANOTHER CLASS! GET SOME BRAINS GUYS!

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 13, 2009 03:07PM
Yes crowd... Thats best idea heard all day... But you would be stomping on the five groups that own the assc. LOL! LimPro class is done Nobody wants to spend that kinda $$$$$ to pull against 1 or 2 tractors and win $100. Red Alert has a good idea but need to make the other adjustments first..

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 16, 2009 02:39PM
Northwest better get something going for them...who wants to spend the money and be lucky to have 3 or 4 hooks in a class....not hard to have 60 hooks when you see the same tractors twice

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 13, 2009 03:22PM
I am guessing that a couple of tractors from this association are probably running under these rules already! Sounds like they are just wanting to make it publicly known now that everyone can run at least a 466 rather than a few. Besides NWMTPA is a dead horse from what I have heard. Sounds like no leadership or organizational skills.

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 13, 2009 03:38PM
They don't cheat... why never heard of such things like that happening!!!!!! LOL

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 13, 2009 03:39PM
GET RID OF STUPID CLASSES!

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 13, 2009 03:55PM
Now hold on, I didn't post this to accuse anybody of cheating, nor did I say that. If someone thinks someone else is cheating, we do have a tear down rule, and I suggest that person or persons puts rhe money where their mouth is. The pro feild 440 class is a sealed motor rule class.
I brought this 466 p pump subject up as quite a few pullers are discussing this as other associations in the area offer this class. As far as pumps, P will be the limit, if you want to run A than go ahead.
As far as the other classes, there has been a lot of discussion as what they should or shouldn't do, and that will be up to those classes to decide. I am not campaigning to do away with classes, just updating class rules, and that will be up to those members in those classes.
Remember, we do have a promoters option to pick and choose which classes they will offer hooks too.
I have also heard talk of a new association trying to get started, this could be another place this proposed class could hook.

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 13, 2009 04:09PM
The new assoc??? Is that the Pac Dummy invitational??? He has all the answers LOL. Heard the new assoc was www.BoycottPacDummiesPulls.org

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 14, 2009 01:50AM
Some good input would be really appreciated here pertaining to the interest for this class. I have some customers who would switch to this class if it is voted in.

Red Alert, next year will be even more funWinking

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 14, 2009 08:05AM
heard some of the pullers may even vote for the class if they will make it a sealed engine class like profield

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 14, 2009 01:37PM
Not that I think the idea of adding a 466cid p-pump profield class is a bad idea, but I'd like to know how many are willing to sign on and support the association if they add it.

I've been in the association long enough this pattern play out before. The limited pro changed their rules to allow 466cid with 3x4turbos because that was the way to go. It was going to revitalize the class and the 466 3x4's were going to come out of the woodwork.

Chirp...chirp...chirp........where are the 466 3x4's built by NWMTPA members? The only ones that are 466 3x4 are already members of other organizations and come see us when they're not running their main group. Now don't get me wrong. I appreciate their support. It's the NWMTPA guys that said 466 3x4 was going to bring the limited pro back to life that haven't lived up to their bargain. And it hasn't happened.

If we add a 466cid p-pump profield class, how many will sign on and support the class on a regular basis? I'd like some people to step up and sign up. Otherwise, we are going to end up with another class of 3.-4 tractors.

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 20, 2009 05:45PM
I live in Southeast Nebraska and am currently building a 466, P pump GT-42 IH to run with the Western Iowa group. Heck yes I would come across the river to support your group IF- you get this class WITHOUT an RPM limit. Look at the Western iowa rules. All the same except they allow 504 cubes, and all cubes are checked befor the season starts and the pan is installed with a couple bolts and some safety wire like a stock pump has on it. yes it is a pain in the ass if you have to take the pan off during the season but it is worth it to have the peice of mind no on is trying to streach the rules.
I think a good class of these tractors would put on a good show. If you want more of my input contact TM he has my number.

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 23, 2009 11:33AM
I like the rule's for the 466 class in iowa that the 300' farmer is talking about , i would really like to build a 504 for my case to enter in the 466 p-pump class with the allowance of running a 13mm A-pump any comment on how the two motors would compare with each other or will the A-pump be the handicap

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 23, 2009 11:30PM
You guys are all the same. The rules state a 466. No 504, 496,505,540, or any other combo. Build your motor 466, run the p pump. Don't try to bend the rules. This shows you want to cheat. Jusr sell your case and buy a john deere and you'll be in the front every night. We average 20+ feet every hook with ours and have heard of other green tractors doing it too. You guys have got all winter to come up with the right combonation, spend the money and do it right and legal.

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 23, 2009 11:55PM
Taste Great Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You guys are all the same. The rules state a 466.
> No 504, 496,505,540, or any other combo. Build
> your motor 466, run the p pump. Don't try to bend
> the rules. This shows you want to cheat. Jusr
> sell your case and buy a john deere and you'll be
> in the front every night. We average 20+ feet
> every hook with ours and have heard of other green
> tractors doing it too. You guys have got all
> winter to come up with the right combonation,
> spend the money and do it right and legal.

Hows he cheating when the class hasn't been adopted yet? He was asking for opinions on if the A-pump would take away the advantage of 38 cu. in. ! You are a cocky sob . Your Dell might put average 20' on some other keyboardpuller's Gateway every night !Grinning I appologize if your post was for entertainment purposes only. Confused

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 24, 2009 04:25AM
Thanks for calling me a cheater TASTE GREAT I've been pulling for over 14 years and you are the first to ever call me a cheater ,maybe you need a dose of BAD TASTE!

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 14, 2009 01:45PM
How is the NWMTPA a dead horse? We sanctioned 16 events this year, which is the same number that IAMO sanctioned. And that's not a slam on IAMO. I'm just using their event numbers for comparison as we always get compared to IAMO on this website.

And we've got more event's in the works for next year. I'm working on the rollforward schedule to try and get them all fitted in.

Where do we lack leadership and organization? Be specific.

As far as cubic inch cheating in the profield, we have a sealed motor rule. Everybody's motor is measured and sealed. You can check the seals on my tractor if you would like. As far as the Deere in our class, they have everything dialed in and running perfectly.

If you have some concerns, you can email me or call me.

At least post your name (like I have) if you want to slam our organization.

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 14, 2009 01:56PM
Thank you for your support.

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 17, 2009 01:53PM
Yeah and Twin States is done too from what I can gather at their showing

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 14, 2009 11:18AM
466, "A" pump, 3by4 turbo, single cuts, 7700 lbs, ITTPA has this class,,very nice class to watch, very competive tractors. This is the same organization with the 8500 mod turboes everyone is talking about for the new NTPA class.

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 14, 2009 12:44PM
GET RID OF PUTT PUTT CLASSES! NOW! THEN TALK ABOUT NEW CLASS.

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 14, 2009 02:19PM
Are you refering to the 7700 lt. limited class as a putt putt class? It's open rpm,,,,,what more do you want, I mean after all where talking about a 466 limited turbo class. The only thing i can see maybe changing would be go from an A pump to a P pump

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 15, 2009 12:21PM
Well, we know Guinn is in favor of this class, and Scotts already have a tractor in that category. Heard Emmondorfer is in favor, and supposibly Potter. IAMO members that I overheard at Stanberry are Bolles, Johnson, Shelids and England. I'd bet there are others as the 440 class is dying. Vinny says he has a couple people that would build. And we heard Frakes are building a new ride and have talked 466. Looks like the numbers for this class wilol be good if they can get the rules voted in.
I just dont understand why NW has a 466 pro farm 12 mph class and the profeild tractors are at 440 when other associations are 466 across the board. Im not saying lets be like IAMO, look at what you guys are pulling against at the MISSOURI State Fair. That is 8 that will go 466 with 2-3 moe at least that could. 10 vs 2 are good odds in Vegas

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 16, 2009 01:07AM
Vinny has tractors already built just need to change pumps and chargers

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 16, 2009 01:26AM
The nw club better beware of the aar tractors!

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 16, 2009 01:29AM
I wouldn't let aar wrench on my antique let alone my farmstock!!! lol BTW speed limits suck!

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 16, 2009 03:45AM
How come you wouldn't trust aar when Bubba trusts him on his 1206 Pro-Stocker? Confused Bubba only uses the best you know that .

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 16, 2009 04:17AM
Cause I can't get the SOB to send me a facebook message back and he never shows up on the chat anymore.. I'M PISSED!!! (not really i'm just giving Vinny a hard time cause I can) If he's quit messing with them blue junk tractos of his he may have more time for people!

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 16, 2009 04:31AM
LMAO i wouldn't let me wrench on your antique eitherGrinning

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 16, 2009 04:55AM
Its tore apart come on over you might learn something... Not from me be but from someone else.. I did leave you a facebook message I want your opinion on something... Why I want your opinion is beyond me!

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 16, 2009 10:22AM
Ok i'll check it haven't been on it 4 awhileSmiling

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 16, 2009 01:13PM
Red Alert- the new tractor will hopefully be out this weekend at leon pull if all goes well. not sayn it'll run good out of box but hopefully it will be close after shelby and lathrop. And yes red alert it is 466 p- pump 2.75 turbo 3000 rpm on 24.5 with all saftey equipment for a limited pro or super farm. so put me down as a tractor for new class. thanks Greg Potter

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 16, 2009 02:23PM
Thats great to hear Greg good luck this weekend.

I think Steve is keeping the list, maybe he's shopping to boost class #'s alsoWinking

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 16, 2009 02:33PM
Profield is a deadhorse...sh*t or get off the pot boys...put your alls money where your mouth is and make a show for these promoters around the northwest...vote the 466 cube in...From my bystander what i can see in your alls top profield boys look like they are already 466

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 16, 2009 02:44PM
Gregg, Great to see you today and what a nice chat we had. Also i'm glad to hear the new ride is going to be out this weekend and wish you all the luck in the world. Sounds like this class could and will draw good numbers, and by the way, yes, I do want to make this a sealed motor rule. We can also let the a pumps run in this class, giving some weight and rpm to our smaller cubed friends that do not want to spend money this coming year.
Vinny, this past year has been fun, and looking forward to next season as well. Smiling

It looks like there are a lot of positive comments about this class, and sounds like the numbers are good.

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 16, 2009 04:22PM
here is my suggestion and i'm sure some won't like , but being around gordyville and other assoc i feel this is a good base line for this new class.

1. 466 ci or smaller agriculture block, and head and rear end hsgs
2. 2.75 in turbo inlet map ring enhanced is ok with to4 foot on exhaust housing, slugged housing must be cliped and protrude and be welded in
3. motors will be ci sealed if u wish to run for points(but still it allows others to come run if they dont fit in other classes)
4. one injection pump allowed with no larger than 13mm barrel and plungers A or P style allowed or smaller one plunger per cylinder
5. 3000 rpm for p-pump tractors(all others are 3200rpm and allowed extra 300lbs)
6. 24.5x32 or20.8x38 or smaller tire, any cut allowed and radials allowed
7. 2 bar cage mandatory( 3 bar sfi suggested)with 5 pt harness
8. clutch blanket manditory, sfi steel flywheel suggested but not mandatory
9. stock manifolds only - adapters to mount turbos allowed
10. water injection allowed -no intercoolers
11. no billet or recast heads
12. diesel fuel only
13. no deck plates
14.3 way shut off and air kills mandatory
15.p-pump tractors 9200, a-pump tractors9500lbs

these rules ought to be the same as other assoc and allow most hot farm & pro field tractors a class,so if they choose to appear and make a hook at nwmtpa they can be competitive

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 16, 2009 04:31PM
Looks good, one other suggestion and I think this should be mandatory on all turbo tractors , skid bars on the front axle. Proof of this has happened several times, including Grant City

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 16, 2009 04:48PM
Funny you should say that brian and i were just visiting about rules meeting and that is one of our motions -skid bars on front ends for all turbo tractors

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 17, 2009 02:06PM
LETS GET RID OF CLASSES FIRST BEFORE ANOTHER BORING TURBO CLASS THAT ALREADY RESEMBLES THE OTHER TURBO CLASSES! WAIT LETS HAVE A 2.5, 23/4, 2 7/8, 3 IN, AND A 3X4 TURBO CLASS WITH ALL THE SAME C.I. JUST CHANGE TURBOS BETWEEN CLASSES.

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 18, 2009 01:54AM
how bout we get rid of anything with doorsThumbs Up

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 18, 2009 01:23PM
how about Wrote:
> how bout we get rid of anything with doorsThumbs Up

Anything that would be right at home pulling a hay rake.Grinning

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 18, 2009 02:49PM
aar performance pulling engines with pistons in backwards are they as good as thomas racing enginges,rooster engines and performance(cock of the walk),,or piston burning engineering.decisions decisions.

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 18, 2009 04:06PM
lol I only put pistons in backwards for my very best customersGrinning

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 19, 2009 12:46PM
Eye PoppingAAR Wrote:
> lol I only put pistons in backwards for my very
> best customersGrinning

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 19, 2009 01:32PM
barrell of rot gut,laughing at the dentist office,windshield under pressure,crooked tooth off center,pork and beans,better than tnt.

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 19, 2009 03:36PM
Mf red power tater wagon,dual power,multi power,power shifter,punkin patch,13 letter spreador,souped up 8n,f20 on steroids,to20 gone mad,big wheels,metric misfortune,girdle streachers,chokers and pukers,jacked around,dirty dog in the corn patch,oxygenators,carcengentics,acid rain

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 20, 2009 12:33AM
red power Wrote:
> Mf red power tater wagon,dual power,multi
> power,power shifter,punkin patch,13 letter
> spreador,souped up 8n,f20 on steroids,to20 gone
> mad,big wheels,metric misfortune,girdle
> streachers,chokers and pukers,jacked around,dirty
> dog in the corn
> patch,oxygenators,carcengentics,acid rain

Didn't realize the high caliber of "folks" that AAR wrenches on, those are reeeeeaaaaallllly impressive!Eye PoppingEye PoppingEye PoppingEye PoppingEye Popping

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 16, 2009 02:45PM
About returning pullin'...Whats the story with the guy from easton...I see a tractor loaded and looks like the slaves old skin?

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 17, 2009 04:35PM
The one on trailer is waiting for the owner to pick up. The new tractor in shop geting ready to go East.

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 19, 2009 01:21AM
So which one might have my injection pump on it?? or is it laying there in the shop? Or did you forget? Or do yous just not no?

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 19, 2009 02:02AM
Dear Breeder,
I sold your pump a year and a half ago... Sent you a CASHIERS CHECK!!!!!! Now if you did not get it I'm sorry.. I will go to the bank run a trace on it... BTW! It was a piece of $$TTT. Don't worry I warranteed IT.. At no cost to you. If you can get on here and BTCH You could have sold it yourself... TG

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 20, 2009 01:55AM
what is the tractor you guys are selling?

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 20, 2009 10:52AM
Didn't know i had one for sale.

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 18, 2009 03:58AM
what's the new tractor

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 18, 2009 12:30PM
It is a tractor built by aar and sold by midwest binders

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 18, 2009 01:21PM
Confused

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 18, 2009 01:44PM
Wasn'i me, I sent out a pump to be sold and over a year latter I haven't seen a dime or penny yet. Guess I learned a expensive lesson on trustng someone to sell something for me. Someday I will run into the lil guy and maybe I will get my cash then.

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 18, 2009 04:02PM
I don't think so. I believe even Teddy would agreeSmiling

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 18, 2009 02:52PM
All Hyper parts Hot Farm/Profield

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 26, 2009 01:24PM
do you have to run a diesel or can it be gas or propane

Re: NWMTPA 466 class September 26, 2009 02:33PM
Use the Gas!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,781, Posts: 229,964, Members: 3,339.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,046.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009