ITPA schedule January 27, 2010 02:16PM
Looks like they did it again, 4 hooks for the mod 4x4, 31 for the diesel 4x4.

Re: ITPA schedule dont pull with them January 27, 2010 04:01PM
go somewhere else or build something else. we dont care. nobody says that you have to pull itpa. get over it. move on. wha

Re: ITPA schedule January 28, 2010 12:22AM
it pisses me off that ITPA screws the Mod 4x4's over every year by having less and less hooks. part of it is that the county fairs select what classes they want, but ITPA Officers and Board Members dont do anything to promote the class. if they had it their way, they would much rather eliminate the class. the Mod 4x4 class is by far my favorite class. i spent 2 summers attending pulls with the Southern Belle Mod 4x4 in 2006 & 2007. in 2006 there were between 8 and 10 hooks. then look now, only 4? instead of adding the Diesel 4x4 and Limited Pro's, ITPA needs to take care of the classes and members they had. they should consider co-sanctioning more pulls so that the numbers would be up in all classes. i feel bad for those Mod 4x4 pullers who used to run the ITPA Circuit religiously, who now only have 4 hooks. why keep the trucks running on ITPA with only 4 hooks? The Brammer's from St Anne ran NTPA alot last summer and did really well. i know The Bone, Rock, Orange Krush and Henry's Heartbeat run NTPA some as well. its too bad its a dying class in Illinois! i wanted to get into Mod 4x4 and run ITPA but if they dont pull their head out of a dark place, there wont be a class for anyone!

Re: ITPA schedule January 29, 2010 02:20AM
This is to (then just leave them) I just built a new 4x4 mod truck for ITPA to match there rules. The reason that we just cant leave is some of us cant run Grand National all over the country. We built these trucks to run in Illinois and though I know times are tough for the county fairs I believe that we have very little representation by the board of directors and are president,obviously there is no problems booking diesel 4x4 as they have 31 hooks already and will probably end up with more. I was at the rules meeting in Springfield and the stated that they which would be the board would not repeat would not allow this class to book this many pulls because it was just too many for one class and I see that they lied once again not a suprise!!!! I my self am going to try to run with HSTPA as much as I can and run with ITPA just to support my class.

Re: ITPA schedule January 29, 2010 07:00AM
Farmer 70- glad to hear you are or have built a Mod 4x4 to run ITPA's Pulls! What Make and Model do you have. Got any names picked out? I wish I had the funding right now to build one, because I would join right in. I have considered drafting a letter to ALL ITPA Board Members and express my frustration with their lack of support for the Mod 4x4 Class and the fact that several of the classes have a considerable amount of hooks over some of the others. The Diesel 4x4's had about 30 hooks last season as well. From what I saw, their equipment couldnt hold up to that many hooks. I think that class will run its course over time and then will be treated the same as the Mod 4x4. I talked to a Mod 4x4 puller last night who has pulled in this class since the 1980's. The last 2 seasons he hasnt pulled much at all, for several reasons. He is considering running the PPL Circuit too. All the Mod 4x4 hooks in IL are in the Northern section of the state, so for those who are Springfield and South, you have anywhere from a 3-5 hr drive or more to get to some of the Mod 4x4 hooks.

Good luck with the truck.

Re: ITPA schedule January 29, 2010 08:33AM
You can always come run with the Outlaws as well.

Re: ITPA schedule January 29, 2010 02:46PM
igtpull1 yes i do have the truck done it was out at the end of last year. Its a dodge dakota still got bugs to work out but it will be at every pull that I can possibly be at. Were pretty busy we have two trucks mine and my 14 year old son runs a 4wd superstock in Indiana ITPA and were planning on running it hard for the points with a new engine so hoping for good things.I did name the truck the American Farmer got a good sponsor with Dekalb seed corn that sure helps.

Re: ITPA schedule "Hey Farmer70" January 31, 2010 04:56AM
When are you going to paint your truck?

Re: ITPA schedule "Hey Farmer70" January 31, 2010 07:10AM
Had it painted last year thats one reason I didnt get out till the end of the year but it was worth it turned out much better than i ever dreamed it would thanks to Steve Langelier couldnt of asked for a better job!!!!!!!!!!

Re: ITPA schedule "Hey Farmer70" January 31, 2010 10:32AM
Thanks, Farmer70. Also remember you Mod 4x4 guys always have hook @ Boswell, IN with us. It doesn't pay with Points, but it does Pay cash. Farmer70 is in charge of the truck classes & does a great job of getting iron there. This year should be great also.

Re: ITPA schedule January 29, 2010 02:57PM
Just wondering if you guys have considered joining another organization??? Maybe talking to Illiana pullers or possibly the new Midwest pullers group. Both are growing organizations and would probably love to promote you guys and enjoy having you apart of them. Just something to think about,.......if not then that is ok too. Have a great year!!

Re: ITPA schedule January 29, 2010 03:28PM
talked to midwest pullers today they are very interested in trying to work with the ITPA 4wd modified will see what happens.

Re: ITPA schedule January 29, 2010 04:05PM
That sounds real positive,..hope that works out for both of ya!!!

Re: ITPA schedule January 30, 2010 08:43AM
I have not seen a schedule....
Just wondered if Miller had us at his pull in Greenup

Re: ITPA schedule January 30, 2010 11:37AM
Negative

Re: ITPA schedule February 01, 2010 01:39AM
I thought for sure we would be there....I mean its obvious Mike looks after the good of the whole organization,and i thought we had become friends in the meeting...Guess i was wrong

Re: ITPA schedule February 01, 2010 11:25AM
I got the impression you guys need some more time together to fully bond. Good luck at L,Ville

Re: ITPA schedule January 30, 2010 12:47PM
the hooks are Peoria, Peotone, Mendota and State Fair. good luck at NFMS!

Re: ITPA schedule January 30, 2010 09:41PM
Nothing against the diesel guys,I respect the time and money they put into their trucks it is just nice seein the mod 4x4 class and the different brands.Just with the diesels it is mostly a cummmins class not much variety to be had.

Re: ITPA schedule January 31, 2010 11:21AM
If the Mod class is interested, I think it will fit in good at the Springfield Summer Nationals. Drop me an email...Doug

Re: ITPA schedule February 02, 2010 04:11AM
I don't know whats going on in your group, but like it or not, the diesel trucks are bringing a new generation to the pulls and the promoters know this and that is why they request them. Step back and look at the truck numbers in each clas, if you were a promoter would you rather pay for a class that can only bring 4 trucks or a class that can bring 15 trucks and a bunch of paying fans to the stands. As for promoting one class or another, give me a break, very few promoters just say "heres my budget bring what you want" almost all of them look at the overall show and how many trucks/tractors showed up. Farmer 70 you have been involved in promoting a pull or 2, tell me would you rather pay say $2000 for 4 trucks to show up or $2000 for 15 trucks? You are going to look at what makes a better show and go with the bigger number of trucks because it is good business sense and good for public perception.
Whether we like it or not, times change and we have to change with it. If we don't we'll be left behind.

Re: ITPA schedule February 02, 2010 12:55PM
That's right I forgot how much sucess DHRA had with the "new generation" Wait a minute they don't exist anymore.

Re: ITPA schedule February 02, 2010 02:03PM
Just a response to thinker I never said that the Diesel 4x4 was not a good option for a class I enjoy watching them to and I understand that they bring in a good crowd in some places. What my point is, is that 31 or more hooks for one class is too much if you look back at the diesel point from last year that there were only 6 trucks that ran hard for points yes I know that there were pulls that they had lots more but what was there average? Yes 4x4 mods had a bad year 2 years ago with there numbers but it seemed that everyone had problems the same year wether it was engine problems no engine at all ,problems getting crops in or just money problems but dont judge a class that has been aruond for as long as the mod class has on one year. They had decent numbers last year and would've had better numbers this year. I know some of are problems have been self inflicted with are actions but by penalizing the whole class it doesnt seem fair. I do help put on quite a few pulls and I also know that 10 to 15 in one class is too much for a night pull and people loss interest especially when the class is made up of all one model of truck.

Re: ITPA schedule February 02, 2010 11:46PM
There wouldn't be 31 hooks for the 2.8 diesels if the demand wasn't there. Right now people love to watch diesel trucks, especially the hot classes. Screaming diesel trucks means butts in the stands and a profit for all. Nothing against any other class, I enjoy any class without a speed limit.

Re: ITPA schedule February 03, 2010 06:23AM
Hmmm, yup DHRA fail, but what about ATPA wasn't that ran by the "old" generation and it still failed and I'm sure there are others. Point I was trying to make is that whether it's NTPA, PPL, ITPA, ATPA, IPA etc, over the years classes changed to keep up with the times and crowd demands.
Farmer 70, I understand what your saying about 1 bad year shouldn't reflect on the class, but in the promoters eyes, it does plain and simple. As a promoter are you going to knowingly book a class that only had 3 or 4 trucks show up the last time or will you go with a class with 10 or more if the cost is the same? I agree 30 trucks in one class is too many, but they are bringing in a new generation to the sport and that's a good thing. I just wish some of these young folks would learn a few manners and move out of the way when a puller is coming through. (sorry, off subject)

Re: ITPA schedule February 03, 2010 08:02AM
Just added today is another Mod 4x4 hook for the Crescent City Pull.

I think ITPA needs to consider co-sanctioning MORE pulls with other associations to not only benefit the numbers in the Mod 4x4 class but the others who have seen declining numbers such as the Super Farm and Pro Stock tractor classes. I know ITPA does co-sanction with the East Central MO group but more effort needs to be made with other organizations.

Re: ITPA schedule February 03, 2010 09:28AM
Co-sanctioning an event means that the main organization doen't have enough vehicles to fill the class. That is why the ipta is co-sanctioning the big events with the ppl midwest region. It's either co-sanction or lose the event to someone who can fill the classes. The class # issue is a line of crap just look at the pasted 5-6 year history of classes like the pro stocks and 2 wheeler. I can remenber looking at the results on the itpa wesite and seeing 3-5(true) pro stocks and 4 or 5, 2 wheeles at an event. The numbers were low in those classes and they haven't lost any hooks over the years. Paul Harvey Good Day!

Re: ITPA schedule February 04, 2010 02:41AM
There are old prostock pullers and current twd pullers on the board that might be why it didnt affect there numbers...There are no fwd pullers on the board...I believe every class should have representation on the board...Just my opinion

Re: ITPA schedule February 04, 2010 11:57AM
BeerBrammer for board. Is there a second

Re: ITPA schedule February 04, 2010 01:18PM
I second that!

Good luck little buddy.

We'll be cheering for "Dimples" this coming Saturday.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,780, Posts: 229,961, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,044.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009