IH/Deere engine swaps February 04, 2010 02:17PM
I heard with the new motor rule some guys fearing that their might be red tractors with green motors or vice versa. Can or has it already happened ?

Re: IH/Deere engine swaps February 04, 2010 03:21PM
not that i know of. the only swap i remember was a D-21 by the name of identity crisis that supposedly had a dt466 in it but i never seen any proof to verify it. yes it can happen by the new rules but, i would think that it would take alot of work to put a deere 466 in a 1066 or vice versa but, i am sure there are guys out there that have plenty of machining abilities to make it happen

Re: IH/Deere engine swaps February 04, 2010 03:43PM
wtf!!! would you want to do that for dont mix colors

Re: IH/Deere engine swaps February 05, 2010 01:24AM
The putting a penis on a tractor with boobs is allowed in component chassis only not to much machining there change bell housing. Dumb rule

Re: IH/Deere engine swaps February 05, 2010 01:23AM
Unfortunately, I think it is just a matter of time before someone crossbreeds a pulling tractor. With the new component chassis that are now able to be used I don't think machining is as big of an issue as you mention Sully. BTW I know there is a red puller waiting on some green guys to finish the motor to be assembled by another group of green guys that built the component chassis. No names listed because I don't want to steal somebody else's thunder. This isn't the same issue addressed in the original post, but years ago green guys wouldn't think of helping out the red guys and visa versa. Anymore, people look to use builders that are reliable regardless of color preference and somtime in the future someone will cross manufacturers.

DPS

Re: IH/Deere engine swaps February 05, 2010 01:29AM
It can and will happen under the new rules. It`ll be very easy with components as these are just Diesel Modifieds in disguise. These new rules SUCK and are STUPID! Let`s just run every class as a Mod and get it over with. As usual NTPA has killed what has been built up for years.

Re: IH/Deere engine swaps February 05, 2010 01:41AM
Have you ever worked on a high hp cast rear puller? Have you ever worked on a high hp component puller?

Re: IH/Deere engine swaps February 05, 2010 02:13AM
Component chassis. IH hood, Allis rear fenders, JD grill, Ford decals, Moline Weights, Detroit block, Cummins Head, Cat crank, Oliver dash, and Fendt steering wheel. " It will blow them all away".

Re: IH/Deere engine swaps February 05, 2010 03:20AM
This whole issue is an insult to the true pulling fan. It's totally RETARDED ! Oh forgive me I mean Intellectually challenged !!!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,677, Posts: 229,779, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason