New Hampton GN March 08, 2010 06:38AM
Who is planning on going to New Hampton, Iowa since they added Unlimiteds?
Only place you can go in Iowa and see that kind of power!
Been years since Banter's have been at the Iowa State Fair, when you could see that kind of power every summer. Now, thanks to New Hampton, we can see big power on the pulling track in Iowa again!
Can't wait !!

Re: New Hampton GN March 08, 2010 11:43AM
But, I heard they eliminated FWD mods.... that sucks!

Re: New Hampton GN March 09, 2010 07:58AM
NO, let me set the record straight! The "leaders" of the mod FWD class got the class eliminated. This is the most outstanding pulling facility in this part of the country. Should have been GN pull of the year (had Dave Chase not been retiring from Ionia and I understand that). Even in the drivers meeting one puller, who has been pulling 20 plus years, thanked the promoters and told them the pits were mowed nicer than his front yard. But, they had to bitch about everything from the time they got there. While expressing their dissatisfaction during the event, they were apologized to and told "don't worry about it you won't ever have to worry about coming here again". To bad for the rest of the class, but that's the way it played out.

Remember, I don't care who you are, you never have the right to bitch at a promoter.I heard a saying once and it is so true, no puller has ever gone to the track planning on having a bad pull, no sled operator has ever planned on having a bad sled setting, and NO promoter has ever planned on having a bad show! Thank you to those that promote the New Hampton show, we will see you in July.

Re: New Hampton GN March 09, 2010 09:07AM
The sad part is, the show was FANTASTIC!
Even super farm competitors were commenting on how cool the 4wd class was with a floating finish!
I would bet New Hampton goes with a region 4wd class if they want 4wd's again. They (region 4wd) would be more than happy to pull, and are used to adjusting for floating finishes, as allowed in the RULE BOOK !!!!!!!!!!!
Nope, we will not miss the GN 4wd's. But will miss a 4wd class @ New Hampton.
Glad the 3 Bears team won at New Hampton last year since it was their retirement year!

Re: New Hampton GN March 09, 2010 02:15PM
New Hampton has and always will be a great place to pull, from the great promoters and volunteers to the nice pit area and track.
It is truly a shame that some pullers will always find something to complain about...like was said before, the promoters always try to put on a top notch show and as a promoter I know how hard of a job it is and what a thankless job it can be.
Region III FWD has pulled at the facility and I am sure would be more than happy to again in the future.
Good Luck New Hampton - should be a great show in 2010.

Re: New Hampton GN March 09, 2010 08:55PM
Just as well stay with region four wheelers, most of the GN ones are usually there anyways!

Re: New Hampton GN March 10, 2010 03:02PM
All except for the WHINERS that can't read an NTPA rule book.
Rule has been in the book for years.
By the way Paul,Jim, and Scott P. , get out your brand new 2010 NTPA rule book you just received in the mail from Helen.

Page 90

Rule #5

Special Rules... Special rules may be made by the NTPA executive board, or the NTPA technical services department for an event due to extraordinary conditions. Such special rules shall apply to the conduct of that event, if they are published or announced prior to the commencement of the event by means of a bulletin, newsletter, or pre-event meeting.
You all were at the pre event drivers meeting where it was announced there would be a floating finish, announced by Larry Richwine, DIRECTOR of technical services.
The way I interpret the rule, the head tech official at any event could announce that before any pull and it would be the way it is.
So before you go complain to a promoter about not following the rules, or any thing else, make sure you know what you are talking about.
Foreign concept I know, but you might want to try it.

Re: New Hampton GN March 11, 2010 02:13AM
Since the lids is off, let's not stop there. The first 2 or 3 trucks had gone down the track in one of the sessions when the "brothers" crossed the scales. They were heavy. And because they don't believe the rules apply to them they went to complaining about that, while the class was going on. Unlike the others who had already crossed, they were too good to have to take weight off their truck because "these scales can't be right!". They were told "run them at whatever you want, your just screwing the rest of the competitors in the class" , so they did. That was probably the last straw.

Re: New Hampton GN March 08, 2010 12:13PM
I am looking foward to attending Sunday session, should be great!!

Re: New Hampton GN March 08, 2010 12:30PM
GN LSS and Unlimited Mods, cant wait till July!!

Re: New Hampton GN March 08, 2010 01:05PM
Can't wait for the Shafted 2WD truck! Are you guys gonna have T shirts for sale? My Mom's brother-in -law wants one> Hopefully I can get AJ's grandpa to sign it. See you guys there.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,780, Posts: 229,961, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,044.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009