Ramsey, Illinois Lions Club tractor pull May 08, 2010 01:55AM
I would like to announce the Ramsey, Lions Club tractor pulls for June 12, and Aug 28, 2010. Attached is a list of classes and general rules. If you have any questions you can contact me on here, or email me at farmboy_89_08@hotmail.com
If you dont see a weight class for you or your tractor doesnt fit exactly- Contact us!
Attachments:
open | download - Ramsey Lions Club Tractor Pull.rtf (35.1 KB)

Insurance coverage at this event? May 08, 2010 05:28AM
It seems that this area is getting more and more "Brush" pulls and groups that are using the word "Brush Pullers" in thier name. Do any of these brush pulling groups have insurance? The event in Wooster OH is a prime example of what can happen at a brush pull, thankfully no one was injured besides the driver. Have any of these brush pullers taken the time to think about what could happen in the event that they were involved in an accident and a spectator was injured? Lawyers now day would have a field day with something like this. A brush puller could loose everything.

Re: Ramsey, Illinois Lions Club tractor pull May 08, 2010 02:06PM
It is a Lions club sponsored event, which means it is covered under Lions insurance for the event. I beleive all Lions sponsored events are that way. I also believe but am not 100% sure, that when the tractors are hooked to the sled you are covered under the sled companys insurance. I would also recommend to all pullers everywhere and all event sponsors, to have their own insurance.

Re: Ramsey, Illinois Lions Club tractor pull May 09, 2010 07:14AM
So the sled operator insurance is covering all the pulling vehicles when they are hooked to the sled. In the event that a pulling vehicle has a object throw into the crowd and injures someone, the sled operators insurance policy will be the footing the bill?

Re: Ramsey, Illinois Lions Club tractor pull May 09, 2010 12:24PM
I do not know the specifics on the sled operators insurance, and this is not a insurance Q & A thread. To get down to the specific details you would have to more than likely talk to the policy writer.

Re: Ramsey, Illinois Lions Club tractor pull May 09, 2010 03:58PM
No the sleds ins is for the sled only. The group putting it on has to cover spectators and puller. If u check with big wigs at lions club ins. They do not want to have motor sports under there ins policy. So u might want to get a real policy.Confused

Re: Ramsey, Illinois Lions Club tractor pull May 10, 2010 04:52AM
Does this event have insurance or not? Does anyone really know what the heck is going on?

Re: Ramsey, Illinois Lions Club tractor pull May 10, 2010 08:02AM
The individual I spoke to regarding the Lions having insurance on Lions events is a Lions Club member , that is why all of our advertisements and flyers also have Lions club on them.In this area you will find a lot of Lions sponsored pulls and I would venture the guess they do not have a separate policy besides the Lions Club ins. Did you personally talk to the Lions Club higher ups or is this just heresay? To the gentlemen questiong this, are you planning on attending or not?

Re: Ramsey, Illinois Lions Club tractor pull May 10, 2010 09:24AM
What does the lions club insurance cover? (spectators, pullers) What are the coverage limits if someone gets injured. Lets say that my 5010 throws a piece of the charger wheel out the stack and it lands in the crowd and someone gets burned or cut and has to go get stitches at the hospital. Is the lions club insurance going to pay for this? In the event that the injured party wants to sue me for damages will the lions club insurance policy represent me in court?

What are the payouts for the event and how many pay spots? Prize money and insurance will decide if I attend your events. Thank for trying to answer my questions.

Re: Ramsey, Illinois Lions Club tractor pull May 12, 2010 12:34AM
Correct me if I am wrong but does a 5020 or 5010 even have a turbo, if not it may not fit any of the classes listed as Farm Stock. Where is the pull located that you put on or help put on and what is your payback? As this is a sport you surely realize as in all sports at the lower levels it often cost money to play. I have often had to pay entry fees to play in softball and baseball games with a small chance of winnning. Put on your own pull and pay all of your help, charge admission and payout eight places ,, pay all of your bills, including equipment rental for the track,advertizing lastly do not forget yourself. After all of this come back on here and tell me who or whom is donating their time. This is entertainment done for fun if we do not do it for that we are in the wrong sport.

Re: Ramsey, Illinois Lions Club tractor pull May 10, 2010 11:39PM
more and more sled operators have insurance that cover the event too...yes completely cover it, the crowd and everything. you'll have to check with the sled operator to see if he's got that type or not.

Re: Ramsey, Illinois Lions Club tractor pull May 10, 2010 01:21PM
I know for a fact lions club international does cover tractor pulls but, they prefer not to. you do have to fill out a appilcation . it covers up to 1 million dollars of coverage . lions clubs need to have coverage at what ever they do..... lions international does encourage local clubs to be covered at lions clubs events. I am a lions member here in our local town.

Re: Ramsey, Illinois Lions Club tractor pull May 10, 2010 01:26PM
just wandering is this another illinois sled co. pullers marthon? if not who has the sled?

Re: Ramsey, Illinois Lions Club tractor pull May 10, 2010 02:37PM
Yes the sled is the Heaven Bound sled/ Illinois Sled Co., and he is an excellent guy to work with. Thank you for the reply, Mr "in the know". I am checking on further details on insurance with other lions tractor pulls. Mr. "???", if you are worried about turbo issues for example, brush puller rules state that you should have cross bolts in your exhaust pipe, and I would assume intake would not be a bad idea either? I realize this will not stop all accidents of that nature but its just a saftey precaution. Pay back is 50/50 and payment places depend on the number of tractors for the class. For anyone interested I can send you the official flyer, but it is mostly the same info that I have posted on my attachment.

Re: Ramsey, Illinois Lions Club tractor pull May 11, 2010 05:58AM
The cross bolts might be in the rules but who is checking to make sure everyone has them? This is the problem with brush pulls like this you have rules but know one is enforcing or making sure everyone meets the rules. 50/50 payback WOW someone just might get $50.00 for first. Let me ask you this is the sled operator show up for 50% of his normal fee? I bet not!

Re: Ramsey, Illinois Lions Club tractor pull May 11, 2010 08:01AM
I realize not everyone will not always follow the rules but the guys pulling every weekend should be set up for this. Checking everyone on every single rule would be unrealistic. If you are looking to make money, tractor pulling is not the enterprise to be in. It is a hobby, and in our case it is used to benefit a local organization. There is a lot of expense to putting on a pull and a lot of donations and volunteer work too. BTW, most pulls in the area are 50/50 unless it is a fair pull with added money to the pot, where they charge admission. We do not charge admission.

Re: Ramsey, Illinois Lions Club tractor pull May 11, 2010 10:42AM
other area pulls have a set pay scale $250-300.00 per class paying 3-5 spots. your event does make much since, your only paying 50/50 and not charging people to watch. so the pullers are the ones doing most of the donating right?

Re: Ramsey, Illinois Lions Club tractor pull May 11, 2010 07:38PM
Are you one of the people that has invested a ton of money in your tractor but does not have the balls to step up and pull where the payback is more? (ITPA) I think you feel big winning in a farm class when you should be in a superfarm class. If the payback is not enough stay home

Re: Ramsey, Illinois Lions Club tractor pull May 11, 2010 01:37PM
This thread surprises me. Lots of pulls are announced on this site, but this one brings out the whiners. This is not the first event for these guys- I'm confident they will put on a good show and have a strong bunch of tractors. If it's a pull that you don't like, don't attend. I haven't pulled with this bunch yet, but I met some of them this winter, and I can tell you they are a dedicated group that want to grow and develop pulling in the area. I'm gonna drag couple of tractors down there, along with several of my friends and their tractors, and have a good time. That's what it's all about- I don't care about the money, the insurance will be handled, and it will be fun. If you miss it, it's your loss.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,954, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,037.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009