2 "wanna be a pulling superstar" May 23, 2010 02:10PM
The point about "even a monkey" ............was that referring to a certain pro-stock driver...........maybe drives a black&skull themed Case-IH ? Eye Rolling Never met the driver in question,....... but was wondering if we were right. Confused

Re: 2 "wanna be a pulling superstar" May 23, 2010 06:20PM
Lol. The comment wasnt directed at anyone specifically. It was a general statement to the EGOS who think fans are coming to watch THE DRIVER. If I like your tractor I could care less who is in the seat..... It seems that some wanted to take the comment personal and think I was calling them monkeys..... I GUESS IF YOU HAVE A COMPLEX ABOUT BEING CALLED A MONKEY THEN MAYBE YOU SCRATCH YOURSELF TOO MUCH OR REALLY LIKE YELLOW FRUIT. IDK im no monkey expert. Personally I think the fellows that build the tractors are the true stars. I have very little respect for a Puller who just throws money at his ride and has someone else do all the work. But Im smart enough to realize that the money is what advances the sport and technology

My point was ..... in my most humble opinion; fans of pulling cheer for the tractors, not the driver (unless maybe you know them personally). And fans want to cheer for a JD engine in a JD. An IH engine in an IH. An Allis engine in an Allis. and so forth and so on. Im not sure why or how the Hypermax block became legal, but it seems to to be the b@st@rd child of too large cubic inch limits.

If say..(to pick a random name)...Kieth Black were to start producing billet aluminum blocks that will swing a Minnie Mo crank will they be legalized? Why not? Lots of people love those tractors......... Who gets to say yes and no as to what will eventually become legal?

If we all go to the same strongest billet block then it seems like someone is going to make ALOT of money! Who will that be? Does that person or persons have any say in the rule makings????? Rules that favor one part, one builder, one scource tend to line that scources pockets with ALOt of cash....... Trust me when I say that money is usually at the bottom of this type of rule.

Now I cant be a PULLING SUPERSTAR because im paranoid and see conspiracy afoot..................

As in Life so in pulling... MONEY TALKS AND well we all know the rest.Grinning

The tractors are the stars May 24, 2010 02:38AM
I agree completely with your comments about the tractors being the stars. For me the tractors have always been the stars. I cheer for the John Deere tractor with the John Deere block. I don’t care what pump, pistons, rods, etc are in the block, I just care that it’s a John Deere Block, that to me makes it a John Deere tractor. I don’t care what fenders it has, I don’t care what rear-end it has, I just care what the power plant is… that makes it a Deere, and I my opinion it should always be dressed in Deere clothing.

You can change drivers week to week, you can change owners, it doesn’t matter because the tractor is still the star of the show. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy meeting and talking with drivers and mechanics, and I enjoy good driving and tractor setup, but it still all boils down to the tractor for me.

As pulling approaches “the tractor of tomorrow” AKA a generic tractor that just has any hood on it, I find myself loosing interest. Some fans may not care, and that’s fine, that’s the great thing about America. Me… I know what I want to see and what I don’t want to see and I’ll support organizations that don’t allow cross dressing.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: 2 "wanna be a pulling superstar" May 24, 2010 02:59AM
LMAO about the driver just being a monkey, i myself am a driver of a TWD and there was a time when you could just put anyone behind the wheel and have a chance. as of recent we are starting to see drivers come into play allot more. In the TWD class we have reached a point were all the power you want or need is there just getting the truck hooked up and leaving the line or maybe ridding the brakes to get started ohh wait ridding the brakes on starting line big secret. lol if you have never driven one you just don't no. as for the set up that is also a big part of things. Now for them allowing these bastard blocks i also think it is wrong but with most things if there is a need there will be a supply? if they would have keep the limits on the motors lower they would have been no need for a giant bullet proof block? just my thoughts i could and have been wrong before lol c-ya scott

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,785, Posts: 229,971, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,049.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009