future of limited pro stock class June 08, 2010 01:42PM
I attended the pull in Diamond, MO this past weekend and was really impressed by the limited pro stock class. It was one of the biggest classes at the pull. It was great to watch and any tractor could have won the class. 3 in the pulloff the first night and less than a foot the second night. In walking around the pits and talking to some of the pullers they talked like there were 4 or 5 new tractors and 3 regular tractors not there that will be out later this year.. This is a class we are building towards in the future, but now will have to stay with local pulling untill the economey gets better. I do not know alot about all the talk on here this winter about bore spacing and sizes, but I will have to say that what the outlaws are doing is working. After 2 nights of pulling you have a green and a red winner and on the outlaw website 3 tractors are tied for the points lead. When you look at ecmtpa they have had a pull and there were no big block engines there and the top 4 tractors were within 7 ft. at 293,292,287,286. When I looked at the mstpa website there were 2 pulls already and the only big block won the first one by 45 feet and the next 3 were 292, 289,288. At the next pull the big block won by 41 feet and the next 4 were 292,285,285,279 How long will these pullers keep coming to pulls getting beat that bad.

Re: future of limited pro stock class June 08, 2010 01:57PM
If outlaws keep letting these tractors run 360ft plus there all going to melt down , not very smart on there part.

Re: future of limited pro stock class June 08, 2010 02:11PM
That has been outlaws style for the last few years and the fans and pullers both like it. It takes less time to go 350 hauling butt with the front end in the air than digging, bouncing and clawing to 290 or 300 feet. After the tractors went 360 the crowd went wild, and it was kind of disapointing to see the mods stooped at around 300 feet. Last year the tractors went about 380 and it was great. 300 feet was a full pull back in the 70's and with these modern drop sleds it was time for a change. Go outlaws

Re: future of limited pro stock class June 08, 2010 02:22PM
Agreed,was a great class with a bunch of good looking tractors that ran well.Saturday was a little rough for some of them,but it was the first pull of the year.Light supers had nice numbers as well with the same problem,a few of them still have some tuning to do.Overall good show.

Re: future of limited pro stock class June 08, 2010 02:50PM
Why don't you wait till some of these better pulls and compair results, King City, MO will be a great test to see how the BB and Case, IH and SBJD match up. Hate to tell ya theres alot better tractors out there then what was at Diamond, Cole Camp, or Montg. City.

Re: future of limited pro stock class June 08, 2010 03:45PM
boy that hurts,

Re: future of limited pro stock class June 08, 2010 04:21PM
how many bb deers well be there

Re: future of limited pro stock class June 08, 2010 05:25PM
if there are better tractors then name them? i would say those that have shown up to the pulls are some of the best

Re: future of limited pro stock class June 08, 2010 11:00PM
The only ones better will have the bigger bore centers atvantage and ruin the class for the rest. The other associations will wake up someday when tractor count is down at the events and outlaws have 15 plus at the events.

Re: future of limited pro stock class June 09, 2010 01:27AM
Out of those pulls the tough ones are Gopher, Mean Farmer, and Ritter. There are some real tough ones that are pretty new and didn't have a great pass, for example the Knotty Boys I hear had some clutch issues along with gateway deere. The ones that will probably run real tuff and COMPETE with the bbjd's are all those guys from king city area, that 1206 didn't make it to NFMS finals just because it had a big charger bolted on, its been set up right, and I doubt when it is a 4.1 there will be anything over looked. Also, those Black tractors are no slackers either. Point being made, King City will be a great test to see where everyone matches up on that particular night.

Re: future of limited pro stock class June 08, 2010 11:32PM
A lot of those posts sounds like Doug out there trying to push his class

Re: future of limited pro stock class June 09, 2010 12:33AM
I would love to have one of these people that say that big blocks have an unfair advantage to COMPLETELY explain their complaints. I don't want to hear pull results from last year. If you say bore space, explain the advantage of big and disadvantage of small in detail. Then we need to compair apples to apples. Compairing an ecmtpa or mstpa tractor to an outlaw tractor is compairing apples to oranges. Outlaws have good numbers of sore sports and all are down on performance. The best pulls you will see for the 4.1 class is ecmtpa it will have big blocks small blocks and the winners will only be the best tractors and drivers out there. Each one will have the tractor and engine of their own preference. They will all have the 4.1 turbo of their choice built by who they want. The only down fall is they have to all use the stern oil fuel and water.

Re: future of limited pro stock class June 09, 2010 05:20AM
King City MO Saturday June 19th pull starts a 6:30
Lets get all the 4.1's together from the midwest and find out

Re: future of limited pro stock class June 09, 2010 05:52AM
And if we can't figure it out there pickrell is the following friday paying 1000 to win

Re: future of limited pro stock class June 09, 2010 06:52AM
Must be raining in Nebraska again. Wonder which big block will win the $1000.

Re: future of limited pro stock class June 09, 2010 10:31AM
Bring um all to Mound City MO july 9, 3000 fur sur, 4000 if we get 20 of um.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,778, Posts: 229,950, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009