Jeff Demers (& Jim Schaendorf) July 18, 2010 01:54AM
Something I'm curious about. Not trying to start anything, just curious.

Jeff Demers was an NTPA GN precommit. However, per the results on the Outlaws website he pulled in Onawa instead of Troy on Friday, and wasn't in New Hampton yesterday. Anyone know why?

One thing I noticed at Tomah....
Session I on Thursday there, the NTPA rules state if a class has 25 or more, the full pull mark is 320; less than that it's 310. There were 20 entries. I wasn't there, but understand this was reinforced in the driver's meeting prior to that session.

Schaendorf and Demers both pulled over 310' but less than 320'. Somebody posted either on this board or on Fonda's board (can't remember which) that during the middle of the class, the announcer said "Per Tech Services..... the full pull mark will be 320'".

Shaendorf pulled at the NTPA region II hook at LaPorte on the following Saturday instead of the 2nd SSD hook at Tomah.
Demers did not run at Troy or New Hampton (at least in session I).

My ? is- did this ruling at Tomah make them mad enough to change their plans, or was Schaendorf planning to run at LaPorte anyway? Why did Demers run with Outlaws this weekend instead of Troy and New Hampton when he was listed as a pre-commit? If anyone knows the situation with either puller please share.

Again, not trying to start anything, but was just curious.
Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2010 01:57AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Jeff Demers (& Jim Schaendorf) July 18, 2010 05:26AM
I was at Laporte and asked one of the track officials from NTPA why Jim had left Tomah - his response was what you posted above - not happy with tech services decision to change the FP distance - so he left...bad luck continued in Laporte where he DQ'd. Schaendorf is a class act, so it had to be something that he disagreed with to make him leave.

Jeff Demers will be in New Hampton today - I think...my source there is helping out Jostocks and he said Demers pulled in about noon. Not sure on Demers plans for the rest of the year, but hope he makes BG!

Re: Jeff Demers (& Jim Schaendorf) July 19, 2010 03:20AM
You also have to realize that Jimmy is the NTPA Region 2 Director (or he was). Maybe he is just running the RN2 circuit and not GN as he has done in the last couple of years. JW

Re: Jeff Demers (& Jim Schaendorf) July 19, 2010 05:27AM
You are both right, I was not planning on going to Tomah at all ,but it worked out that I could so my son and I went to run on thursday and we were going to make a determination on staying for saturdays show based on our finish on thursday, as it played out, we were very disapointed on the outcome thursday,with the full pull rule being changed midway through the class (that is water under the bridge now) so we decided to support the event in Laporte which was our origional plan anyways. Thanks for asking!
Jim Schaendorf

Re: Jeff Demers (& Jim Schaendorf) July 20, 2010 12:32PM
Jim,

Thanks for clearing things up. I was disappointed to hear about the full pull distance changing, mistakes/decisions like that should never happen once a class is in motion. I hope to see you in BG contesting for that ring!

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Jeff Demers (& Jim Schaendorf) July 21, 2010 01:25AM
I visited with Demers at New Hampton. He has a (serious) health issue with his arms that he wishes the medical profession could figure out what the problem is. It is affecting his life. Not only the farming, the pulling, but general everyday living. Jeff is very appreciative of his family's involvement and commitment to help him accomplish the work at hand. Jeff said he realized during spring planting that the Pre Commit would not work out and he dropped out of it.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,752, Posts: 229,904, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,090, Posts: 226,006.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM