New Photos Ozark Empire Fair and Hillsboro, Tennessee August 08, 2010 06:00PM
Lots of new photos go take a look.

Hillsboro Tennessee Mid-South Pullers Association

Ozark Empire Fair Friday

Ozark Empire Fair Saturday

Thanks to Carl Buckner and the entire crew at the Fair, great well-run show both sessions and a huge variety of pulling vehicles there, will be featured in a future issue of The Hook.

Re: New Photos Ozark Empire Fair and Hillsboro, Tennessee August 09, 2010 03:37AM
Pull was slow, tracks were terible, Not very many good tractors. Look at your own pictures and you will see that the crowd was half of it was when they had better pulls just 2 or 3 yearts ago. Byran, I cant believe you thought that was a well ran and good pull. Surely mid-south has better pulls than that.

Re: New Photos Ozark Empire Fair and Hillsboro, Tennessee August 09, 2010 04:03AM
I know they are trying to have a good pull but I think the Outlaws had more of a crowd when they were their.

Re: New Photos Ozark Empire Fair and Hillsboro, Tennessee August 09, 2010 05:17AM
Well.....
102 Hooks in 4 Hours....
Done no later than 10:30 each evening....
Fans CHEERING and HAPPY....
A wide variety of iron......
Friend that sounds like a successful hook to me.

I don't know how it was when the Outlaws were there, so I can't speak to crowd size, vehicles, etc, I simply report what I see. The track was a little soft friday but a good dose of water Saturday brought it around. Quite frankly after watching them start the process of putting the track together on the asphalt I have a little better appreciation for what track crews do, they moved 1500+ cubic yards of dirt and had it laid out 9 hours and would have had it done sooner had they not had to wait on the stage crew to dismantle the remainder of the stage. We do have some great pulling in Mid-South and I am looking forward to a packed house on a tough track in Crockett Mills this coming weekend. I've been to enough shows to know what a good one looks like (Nearly 40 this year at my count), I stand behind what I say!

Re: New Photos Ozark Empire Fair and Hillsboro, Tennessee August 09, 2010 06:52AM
Show not a good as it use to be. More quanity and less quality. Mass exit from the stands when they started the 12 mph class. Outlaws was a much better show, better announcer and better ran. That is why there were a lot more people in the stands then. The Ozark Fair is strugling financialy and maybe these local classes is all they can pay for.

Re: New Photos Ozark Empire Fair and Hillsboro, Tennessee August 09, 2010 07:06AM
The opinions from Carthage have been noted.
Thank you so very much for that input !!
Not so much.

Re: New Photos Ozark Empire Fair and Hillsboro, Tennessee August 09, 2010 10:05AM
I was at Springfield Friday evening and was very pleased with the pull as were all the people that sat near me.. Once they got started they kept it running and ran over 100 hooks in 4 hours .If Outlaws had been there,I wouldnt have been there. I can still remember Ft Scott,KS a couple of years ago when it took them nearly 3 hours to run 16 hooks.I will be at Jeff City simply because NTPA is there and I want to see the Lambada team.

Re: New Photos Ozark Empire Fair and Hillsboro, Tennessee August 09, 2010 08:45PM
Jeff city is a well run pull, no matter which sanction it runs under. You should really call ahead to see what time of night the Ntpa classes run, so you won't inconvenienced!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009