worst track this year? November 01, 2010 11:43PM
I was wondering what was the worst track pullers hooked on this year? and what made it so bad?

Re: worst track this year? November 02, 2010 12:44AM
I would say any track described as a good horse track! was on one this year where the stone dust under my wheels were throwing sparks, so you can only imagine what that will do to your tires!

Re: worst track this year? November 02, 2010 01:16AM
Macon, MO - Show Me Showdown. A pair of 350' gravel roads that hadn't seen water since May.

Re: worst track this year? November 02, 2010 02:46AM
Ozark Empire Fair in Springfield, Missouri. The last 2 years the tracks have been the worst I ever seen. Broke the windows out of both sleds last year and this year just sucked, especially the first night. Our local tracks around here that we pull at are all better than the one we pulled on in Springfield.

Re: worst track this year? November 02, 2010 05:15AM
Lincoln, MO - a bit to wet

Re: worst track this year? November 02, 2010 05:39AM
That track at the OEF is built on asphalt. In the track crews defense they moved several hundred yards of dirt in the middle of the night and had to wait for the sound stage removed to get it done. Basically, they had to build the track on a stovetop--the dirt was cooking from below and the oppressive heat from the sun was cooking it from above, and they put as much water as they could on it for friday evening. By Saturday the temps and moisture of the track had stabilized and the water staying with the track that was being put in. Ive written two stories about track building at this point, and all I can say is that I have a great deal of respect for those who put them together, especially when you start with a concrete or asphalt base and have to physically build the track. The manpower, machinery, and time needed is phenomenal.

Re: worst track this year? November 02, 2010 02:00PM
Brian, you're a writer, so please spell out OEP. Don't know what you're referring to.

Re: worst track this year? November 02, 2010 02:17PM
Ozark Empire Fair, speaking directly to the individual talking about the Springfield MO track at the fairgrounds. Didnt mean to be vague, sorry! Smiling

Re: worst track this year? November 02, 2010 08:29PM
Macon track had adequate moisture the second nite!

Re: worst track this year? November 03, 2010 01:17AM
That's the truth... That's what it needed. I joked about that very thing all the way home.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,957, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,040.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009