just curious November 05, 2010 06:41PM
Hello to all. i was just watching some you tube video from the 1990 and 1992 National Farm Machinery Show.. and just noticed there were allot of Allis Chalmers pullers, and now you dont see many in the super stock classes...just curious of why or why not. i dont want to start any brand wars just curious why the " Allis D-21" dont pull as much any more.
[www.youtube.com]

Re: just curious November 06, 2010 01:06AM
Allis-Chalmers introduced the 3000 series engine (426 cubes) in 1963......when A-C was sold to Deutz in 1985, the production of the "426" ceased I think by later on in 1986. After 23 years of small changes and improvements, once production ceased, there are no more newer versions that would include stronger blocks and cranks or even improvements to cylinder head flow. The AC guys have no more "new" technology to work with. The Deere and IH engines have marched onward the last 25 years improving and constantly increasing displacement and HP levels. I'm not saying you can't be competitive with an AC engine, but it's much more difficult than with the Red/Green crowd.

Re: just curious November 06, 2010 03:12AM
I agree completely, but Allis Chalmers did eventually evolve into AGCO, and they produced numerous tractors with the option of a Navistar engine or a Cummins engine. AC guys have had “newer” technology ever since AC became defunct. The downside is that newer options meant new R&D and that meant money. I think most AC pullers either just decided to stick with the tired and true 426 instead of “upgrading” to something newer, or they simply switched brands.

It’s truly a sad commentary that AGCO has recently phased out the orange tractors. Personally I think it’s been a monumental failing that AGCO was unable to recognize and capitalize on the long standing heritage of the Allis Chalmers Corp. I honestly believe that AGCO has made a series of poor marketing decisions in the past 25 years and it no wonder they are behind Deere and CaseIH in sales.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: just curious November 06, 2010 04:24AM
I agree with your comment on the R&D work for pulling, but it is very expensive. I shudder to think where it is currently going given the direction of the National orgs!! I've said it before (and I don't like the idea), but how long until the first "common" billet block & head combo is out that everyone has to use and build from there?

All tractor pulling talk aside, Jake, it's too bad the late 70's - early to mid 80's period caused most of the issues with how the ag manufacturers come to evolve to where we are at today. The companies that were able to best manage themselves debt/revenue/sales wise made it through.

It is truly unfortunate that was the demise of several good, innovative companies. Much good R&D was squandered when some of these companies got swallowed up. Who knows where things would be without the collapse/buyouts of IH, AC, White, etc (too many to list).

Re: just curious November 07, 2010 01:32AM
Doesn't Fiat own agco, new holland, case ih, dodge etc?????

Re: just curious November 07, 2010 03:52AM
NO. Fiat doesn't have anything to do with AGCO.

Re: just curious November 07, 2010 08:48AM
no they do not own dodge either

Re: just curious November 07, 2010 09:48AM
Fiat does so own a majority of Chrysler (Dodge and Jeep also). Here is a link to a recent Fiat announcement.

[usnews.rankingsandreviews.com]

Re: just curious November 07, 2010 10:43AM
and they still do not own them just because i have money in something does not mean i call all the shots or own it

Re: just curious November 07, 2010 11:13AM
Boy, you must be a real moron if you can't read. Fiat has full control of Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep. Do a little research before spouting off at the mouth about something you know nothing about. Fiat is going to reorganize all of Chrysler. Dodge is going to be a car only make. Dodge trucks are going to be spun off as Ram trucks. So I would say they own more than a few shares of stock to be able to do this.

Re: just curious November 07, 2010 12:46PM
Hmm...how bout an Iveco diesel powered ram??????

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,954, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,037.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009