timing a dt 466 November 17, 2010 10:19AM
Hi I have a question about a dt 466 I am putting a dt 466 truck motor in a 560 an I am changing the front cover from a truck to a tractor for my frame to work .Now the truck cover has a pointer on the crank pulley to set your timing my question is the tractor cover has no pointer an my tractor ballancer has no marks on it so how should I time the the injection pump in degrees also my flywheel is a aftermarket steel triple disc with no marks on it an no access like on a 66 series tractor to time the pump .Has anybody ever run in to this ,people must have because when you change a flywheel from stock to a double disc theres no marks on the new one for timing purposes.I need help Thanks

Re: timing a dt 466 November 17, 2010 11:13AM
there should be a place where there was a pointer on the front cover. and if you go to your local case ih dealer get a dampner from them for timing it. it should have marks but you never know these days might be "to expensive" to etch the marks in. and if you are running a different dampner you can simply return the one you get from the dealer.

Re: timing a dt 466 November 17, 2010 11:33AM
pull the #1 injector out and make a piston stop for that hole and roll engine over until it contacts the piston stop that you placed in the #1 hole, now make a make shift pointer for the front cover and mark this point on your dampner. Now roll engine over in the oppisite direction until it hits the piston stop once again and mark this point on the dampner again. now half way between the two marks is your true TDC. now take the piston stop out and roll the engine back in the normal running rotation to that half way point of the 2 marks you found, this is your TDC. now don't move the engine and have a shop put some degree marks on it with the tdc in the place that you just found or where ever you want to move your new pointer and it's new tdc mark. or you can get one of those degree wheels and put it on the dampner and use it to mark your dampner. they even make some degree tape you can put on there also but just make sure you center punch that TDC point you found so if the tape comes off you still now where that tdc point is.

Dirk

Re: timing a dt 466 November 17, 2010 01:02PM
Thanks red puller and Dirk that advice really helps me out alot thank you for your response Dirk thats good info.thank you again .I knew if I posted something I would get answers thats why I love this site .

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,780, Posts: 229,959, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,042.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009