drilled axles January 11, 2011 03:52AM
what size a hole do you drill in a 4010 axel, how mutch weight loss is there, does it weaken it

Re: drilled axles; HEY, where is "Wher's the spec"??? January 11, 2011 07:31AM
And you think components could be dangerous ?????????????????????????????

Re: drilled axles; HEY, where is "Wher's the spec"??? January 11, 2011 07:51AM
What's your concern with a drilled axle? Twisting it off? A solid shaft does not a great amount of strength when compared to a hollow shaft. A majority of the torque is handled by the outermost portions of the shaft anyway.

Re: drilled axles; HEY, where is "Wher's the spec"??? January 11, 2011 08:25AM
How big a hole can safely drill in the axle without compromising the strength of the axle and is there a significant weight loss?

Re: drilled axles; HEY, where is "Wher's the spec"??? January 11, 2011 08:36AM
iam telling you from personal experiance unless you absolutely have to loose the weight do not drill the axles i twisted one off and it ended up tearing up alot of other stuff, the axles were drilled when i bought my tractor and i didnt know it untill it broke. just my opinion

Re: drilled axles; HEY, where is "Wher's the spec"??? January 11, 2011 08:42AM
On a different scale, most Grand National mini rod tractors has gun drill alxes along with driveshafts. Remember they are heat treated then from in and out side.

Re: drilled axles; HEY, where is "Wher's the spec"??? January 11, 2011 12:52PM
But these grease burners aren't heat treating a thing! As well as welding axle plates on with 6013 with an AC buzz box, grinding away at the cast housings till who knows how much (or little) is left, complaining about having to have tie bars, steel flywheels, and a roll cage,,,,,,,,, components are going to be the ruination of all of pulling to hear them yak,,,,,
Why the same thing has almost killt NASCAR and NHRA, shoot there are only tens of thousands of fans flocking to their events, and they don't have to pay anyone to get on TV, TV pays THEM,,,,,,,,,
LPS and SF don't need to be component at all, any more powerful, and you are kidding yourself thinking components are unsafe.
I could see if water pipe Harry showed up with a chassis made up of 3/4" water pipe, you would have to do something, but so far, everyone has had some common sense and pride in ownership and brought top shelf stuff to the track. (well, the component guys anyway, these cast loving grease burners are a different story), some of the newest stuff is down right scary !!

Re: drilled axles; HEY, where is "Wher's the spec"??? January 11, 2011 02:15PM
you can safely remove up to 35% of the axle total radius, but i really don't reccomend it simply because this is a slow process, recquires a substantial lathe, and for the weight removed, it is really not worth the expense or the bother. surely you can find a better place to lose weight. just my opinion

learn how to spell my name right January 11, 2011 03:12PM
I told everyone I was done with this a long time ago. And I am because you don't want to hear or see what the real problem is.

Re: learn how to spell my name right January 12, 2011 02:02AM
Well, if you want to know who isn't listening, look in the mirror!
I know, it is hard to admit you are WRONG, but facts is facts.
You can't show me ONE poorly built, unsafe component tractor.
I can show you a TON of unsafe cast tractors !!!!!!!
Like I said, facts is facts.

Re: learn how to spell my name right January 12, 2011 09:03AM
you have spoke your mind now do us all a favor and shut up, we are tired of hearing it.

Re: learn how to spell my name right January 12, 2011 12:42PM
But there are so many dumba$$e$ that STILL don't get it,,,,,
What to do ????

Re: learn how to spell my name right January 12, 2011 01:01PM
Here is what to do.
Asker Send you money and watch it run and wish your key board ran as good and got a check.
Builder and someone who has a 4010 that is done that way. There are a bunch that done it with out trouble. The ones that broke went too far.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,765, Posts: 229,931, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM