gordyville limited pros! January 18, 2011 02:45PM
I attended the Gordyville tractor pull for the third year in a row and i cant help but be impressed with the 9500 limited pro class. That class was really impressive this year. In years past it has been impressive but seems like it has grow a great deal. Really in all honesty they aren't far from a pro stock. I enjoy watching them just as much. On Saturday night all of the tractors in that class were within 10 feet from one another. and all were within about 5 feet from the sand. with an exception to the case that blew it's pipe off. but he was still within 5 feet of the pile and if he wouldn't have let out of it he would have been in the sand. Very close class. Great to watch. And I hear that they are going to have a class with the PPL this year. Should be a great class and is still growing.

Re: gordyville limited pros! January 18, 2011 03:03PM
Looks to me like those IH tractors are starting to really figure things out, big blocks won't be able to dominate next summer if those IH run like they did at gordyville.

Re: gordyville limited pros! January 18, 2011 03:09PM
i really do not think that the IH's can hang with the black cases and on a long track the big block deeres either. Not this year sorry buddy.

Re: gordyville limited pros! January 18, 2011 04:33PM
Horstmeyer's tractor looked great out there, and I think is a favorite for next summer to be the one to beat, the cases will be tough though, but I think he's gonna be tough.

Re: gordyville limited pros! January 18, 2011 04:40PM
I doubt they will pull against each other ever because the black ones are Lookin to go to PPL. An Hortsmeir is outlaw. But I'd say if they were to meet again it would be the same result.

Re: gordyville limited pros! January 18, 2011 05:17PM
I heard a lot of guys will not run with ecmtpa anymore because of the fuel and water rule. Guess ITPA and PPL will pick up more tractors.

Re: gordyville limited pros! January 18, 2011 05:53PM
I hope that there are a lot of tractors for the maiden season with ITPA. I love this class and hope it does very well.

Re: gordyville limited pros! January 18, 2011 11:40PM
That class is what the SF should of been. They are getting great HP out of those turbos, putting on a excellent show. Pro-Stocks are at least a 1000 HP more and thats ok, the 4.1's are able to get their HP to the ground and thats the real name of the game "pulling". If you wanta see the class call Klint he has a 4.1 selection of most of the pulls on DVD and it will enlighten alot of the new fans to this class that there isn't one tractor that is dominating the class which is a good thing. PPL will take this class to the "next level" that everyone wants to see it at.

Re: gordyville limited pros! January 19, 2011 12:54AM
I really appreciate the kind words. Were not there yet and we know it. This is a very tough class and it will become more so as it grows, I think we all feel it will do this quickly. As much fun as I have heard everyone in this class say they had over the past season I'm looking forward to seeing many tractors at all pulls. No rule changes and 3,000 per class isn't bad either. Not that it matters, but my Columbus smooth 4.1 isn't legal in Outlaw. I've never owned an Outlaw turbo, but ya never know. Thanks again to Klint and the guys. They made my first indoor pull a blast. Also something I don't do enough is thank my father, Gary for his help and friendship. We don't always agree, but I always love you. Smiling see y'all next seaon.

Re: gordyville limited pros! January 19, 2011 04:19AM
Darren good to see you had a good run and are back to pulling more. I have enjoyed watching you and your dad pull for a long time, class acts of the sport. Keep up the good work see you fellas put next summer.

Re: gordyville limited pros! January 19, 2011 09:46AM
Can anyone tell me the rules for PPL's 4.1 class?
Thanks

Re: gordyville limited pros! January 19, 2011 11:53AM
640, p7100,4.1 smooth bore, i believe catches it for the most part

Re: gordyville limited pros! January 20, 2011 07:18AM
Are they allowed to run inner coolers or component chassis's?

Re: gordyville limited pros! January 20, 2011 07:35AM
no coolers or components

Re: gordyville limited pros! January 20, 2011 07:44AM
That's the same as ITPA's 4.1
Thanks

Re: gordyville limited pros! January 20, 2011 11:21AM
Do you have to run special fuel and water like Outlaws or ECMTPA due.

Re: gordyville limited pros! January 21, 2011 02:11AM
no just legal fuel and water

Re: gordyville limited pros! January 21, 2011 02:13AM
i am quite excited to see this claSS develope. I think it is going to be a great class

Re: gordyville limited pros! January 21, 2011 10:46AM
Looks like the Thunderclutch tractor liked the big charger!! Bet the driver did too! BSTP is going to run the class this year some.

Re: gordyville limited pros! January 21, 2011 11:40AM
As this class evolves it will become another super farm class. The turbo restriction will make it become a dyno class. Infact I bet that there are some tractor already dynoing almost as much as they pull. Any class with a turbo restriction will eventually evolve into a dyno class.

Re: gordyville limited pros! January 21, 2011 11:46AM
Make it a box turbo class !

Re: gordyville limited pros! January 21, 2011 12:22PM
Tyler W
As this class evolves it will become another super farm class. The turbo restriction will make it become a dyno class. Infact I bet that there are some tractor already dynoing almost as much as they pull. Any class with a turbo restriction will eventually evolve into a dyno class.

News flash!!!! The big charger class dyno's too! From 3lm up to 5+ they all dyno.

Re: gordyville limited pros! January 21, 2011 12:38PM
Who cares if it becomes a "dyno class"? It will still be a fun class to watch and drive in.

Re: gordyville limited pros! January 21, 2011 01:34PM
I was thinking about restictions, like 4.1 or 3.0 or supercharger size or pully size or whatever. There has to be a resticion some where, or we would all have 10,000 cubic inch locamotive engines with a 55 gal. barrel turbo and the list would go on and on. I said it a while back on a similar 4.1 talk, this is the 4.1 LPS CLASS PERIOD! If you want a bigger turbo or component chassis go to the class that offers that rule. This 4.1 class has a few rule differences according to associations, but it is a "great" class that should stay cast rearends for the last hurray for the oem style pulling, just my 2 cents. Darin

Re: gordyville limited pros! January 21, 2011 03:46PM
With the amount of money that is required to build a 4.1 tractor dyno time is part of the process.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,763, Posts: 229,927, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,023.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM