Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 19, 2011 03:14PM
My wife did these, enjoy.

Chris

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2011 04:11PM by Chris Meints.

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 20, 2011 10:26AM
Thanks Chris. Nice video. It was good to meet you. Look forward to seeing you around this summer.

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 20, 2011 10:40AM
Great video. I love the sound. The 4.1 class is the best. SF was my favorite class. Now some have turned them into the 4.1s and that is great. I hope this class takes off in Badger State. Real tractors with the correct CI limit and just the right size charger. It does not get better than this in tractor pulling.

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 20, 2011 01:28PM
what cubic inch is badger state going to run? Thanks

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 20, 2011 02:01PM
640 CI in Badger State

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 20, 2011 01:14PM
Thanks for the video Chris, now I know why you go, maybe I'll graduate up to going to Gordyville some day, but you know some of us have to stay home and work! lol Darin

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 20, 2011 01:36PM
Thumbs Up

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 20, 2011 02:03PM
Lets wreck this class too right away. One of the main things of the 4.1 class is not being component. The other class is for that. Lets change the class before it even gets going.

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 20, 2011 11:37PM
Confused

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 21, 2011 12:02AM
Not feared and not necessaryDrinking

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 21, 2011 12:33AM
Not feared is right. It is a good class of real trators that look like tractors not funny tractors. Leave the 4.1 class alone. The components have the PS class and all those SS classes.

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 21, 2011 12:07PM
Real tractors break cast, which isn't happening every pull but it is a possibility. Why should a funny tractor not be allowed. This class is 500 ponies over Super Farm so it's going to be stressing cast alot more. It should be an option to run any type of chassis as long as the length rules are met IMO. If you price top shelf parts it's not any cheaper to build a ag rear over a truck rear. Since this class is just getting started nationally they ought to get the rules right the first time. Maybe next after mkt blks . Naw just kidding:}

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 21, 2011 12:15PM
This class is right

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 21, 2011 12:47PM
No class is "right" just maybe in some peoples eyes, like the ones who can't c past their noses. This class has potential but sayn it dosent need adjustments is a little pompus. Cylinder head rule clouds are on the horizon, all you have to do is look up.Eye Rolling

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 21, 2011 01:24PM
Boy jumped off the cast is bad wagon right on to the next wagon quick didn't ya?

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 21, 2011 01:57PM
Didn't jump anywhere, just pointing out the reality with this puuuurfect class. Have you looked up yet?Eye Rolling Head rules turbo rules ect, ect. Chassis is just one piece of the puzzle that needs 2 b put 2gether before this class gets a national stamping, then it's toooooo late to get that "wagon" back on track. Winking

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 21, 2011 01:54PM
Why ruin this class. Just another $30,000 for a component chassis. Sillly . If you want components you've got the big prostock class which is about dead in Region 11. Gotta keep some of these classes somewhat affordable

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 21, 2011 02:38PM
Yep chassis is as it should be. Looking up in clouds isn't much better than looking at ground, looking forward is what takes u in the right direction. Head rule will get worked out and keyboarders will continue to squealDrinking

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 21, 2011 02:52PM
Yes don't look back the big bad component chassis boogy man might be right behind you.Hot He's been know all over this board as a scarry dude.Eye Popping He strikes fear in the old traditionalists that can't face progression in this sport. Lil turbo classes is where cast (heads,chassis,) is obvious. however when you exceed Super Farm horsepower by 40% or more you need to grow up son. Put this class on the national map as something that has a future, which dosent contain 4010 finals ie Gordyville loose wheel episode. Eyes on the horizon isn't eyes in the clouds.Cool

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 21, 2011 03:34PM
When you pass the 2000 hp mark on any tractor with a cast chassis your starting to operate on borrowed time, but were a little ways away from worring about component chassis in the 4.1 class.

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 21, 2011 04:09PM
Boogie man lol that's funny! I have just a teensy bit of experience with some component chassis' at the prostock level so son cmon let's hash this out. Not only that I've got just a little bit of experience with cast rear chassis from stock to pro as well. And since u mentioned the Deere final I just so happen to have built one of them too; heck I've even pulled once or twice in the very class u speak and even above thatCool

So tell me why it is we need components in this class?

Give real reasons why, not because it's the future, because a 4010 final failed at Gordy, lss compared to this class is apples and oranges, superfarms seldom if ever break anything in their rears if they are built with decent parts. Then step back and think where most of these tractors are coming from.

Ok the mike is yours.

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 21, 2011 11:04PM
Experience is a great thing, however the ability to adapt and adjust in life is a greater thing.Thumbs Up Horsepower is coming to this class via turbo charger and cylinder head. Why are you comparing the 4.1 lim prostocks to the superfarm class? Talk about apples and oranges makes one wonder if you had your eyes open the "heck I've even pulled once or twice" down the trackEye Popping. The real reason components should be considered is, this class is going to exceed the current horsepower it has now by quite a bit and since it's about to get national credibility it needs to have the rules written correctly first. Wake up youngn its time to go to work.Bouncing

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 21, 2011 11:30PM
Want a component pull in the PS class. 4.1 class is for those that don't want that. Pretty simple. Who cares about national this or that. These guys may want to pull close to home anyway. It is the SF class on steroids. That is great. SF pulling is the core pulling in the midwest and rural areas. Dosen't matter is you like it or not. Some people go to watch peopel they know pull. The 4.1 class will put on a great show. All the better if it splits up the SF class. 25 sfs and 25 4.1s at a pull would be the best show I could ask for. Maybe we will give a try or just stay in SF and sit back and enjoy the show when the 4.1s pull.

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 22, 2011 01:03AM
Nothing, no valid reason for anything. Adapt you say, to what? Experience says we r well within the capabilities of our chassis safety limits, with room for considerable growth. Why compare to super farm? Because it is the most comparable to it. Having been behind the wrench and in the seat of the same tractor in the superfarm, to prostock to 4.1 I can assure u it is the most valid comparison. National level, what does component have to do with national level? Superfarm is national level, T Bone is national level, Stray horse is national level. 4.1 is 1000 horse less than prostock. With a 4.1 inlet restriction and no billet heads this class may gain 300 horse over the next 5 years.

Validate your argument with some #'s or call someone with some knowledge of the situation

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 22, 2011 05:04AM
I will have to agree, with experience and time in the seat and his time working on everything from farm stock all the way to the top, Vinny does make a very good and knowledgable argument. There will always be sombody that wants something that makes a class better and there will be those who do not like change.

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 22, 2011 05:30AM
So what ur sayn is.....vinny knows cast ! Drinking

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 22, 2011 08:35AM
All i am saying is there are some that run cast which I do and some run component. What do you run?? Is one better than the other as far as going down the track as far as getting the power to where it needs to be?

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 22, 2011 06:41AM
Wel Vinny I decided to take your advice and call someone with knowledge, called Princeton IN Cottontown TN Mondovi WI North Collins NY and Springfield TN they all said that a component is far superior over 50year old cast iron. So RedBlack 1066 gave me your shop number and I can't seem to get anybody to answer there, whats your hours? Maybe your behind a wrench or a seat and couldn't make it to the phone, anyway I guess your having a hard time comprehending that once this class goes national(means all over) that can of worms won't be as easy to close a few years down the road (looking at the horizon Vinny?) so in conclusion I would say maybe you should call those shops listed above and open your eyes to the future,Eye Popping unless they are full of cast dust.Beer

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 22, 2011 07:24AM
Why didn't u call marshfield wis as well? My argument isn't whether a component chassis is more capable of handling high hp, the mod class is a perfect example. That being said a prostock should never damage a component chassis right, but yet planetaries still fail as well as rear differentials. Call them back and ask them if any of their chassis have ever broken? How much more horsepower gain do u foresee with the 4.1 setup( looking into the horizon)?

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 22, 2011 08:05AM
I am biased to CAST 4.1 LPS cause I got one, but thinking this should start as component is a little premature for the early stages of this class when the big PRO's don't have to be component only. IRON DRAGON, Chris Cain, and a long list of PRO's that are still running cast rearends means that things are being stressed no dought, but are still holding apparently. Not sure, but if the 4.1 LPS had to be component, the tractors that were to convert from SF to LPS would probably stay super farm, then there would even more super farms than already, and probably not nearly as many 4.1 LPS even built, so it's a good thought, but a little premature. Darin

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 22, 2011 08:12AM
In your honest opinion Darin do you think a component 4.1 tractor would have a distinct advantage on the track over your tractor? Thanks.

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 22, 2011 08:40AM
Smokefan I have the solution! There is a component limited prostock class set up just for guys like u! Call Doug Roberts for detailsDrinking

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 22, 2011 09:18AM
Vinny your credibility is in question with each succeeding post. Isn't the Marshfield WI shop guilty of trying a aluminum center on a component, think so , won't be calling them for knowledge. You think a prostock can't break something? You sure you have been the wrench behind one? Drinkingclouds memory! But the one that tops all your posts on lack of credibility is wanting me to call Mr. RobertsThumbs Down. But since you seem to want to get the last word I'll throw you a bone youngn, to answer your question about where I think the horsepower in headed in this 4.1 class,........you waitng...........way north of where it's currently at. Make sure you look under your bed to night lil one, the big bad component booooooooogy man might be thereHot. boooooooooooooo

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 22, 2011 09:41AM
Lol I just said planetaries break and rearends fail didn't I? I'm starting to catch some familiarity in some of the phrasing of which I felt marshfield and Doug might bring to the surface

BooooCool

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 22, 2011 10:55AM
Vinny looks like smoke has u covered next time you should do more research before you Drinking

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 22, 2011 11:06AM
Yes lol, sometimes one can encounter some nasty stuff on here, the trick is to learn from it, adapt and move forwardBeer

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 22, 2011 11:37AM
The cases run real strong, prob the most hp in the class and they havnt tore up any cast! Sorry smoke fan#1 but those are the facts!

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 22, 2011 01:03PM
blacks gettn big rears and planets crewchief?

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 22, 2011 01:44PM
they will have another big gain in power for this year so they must do something?

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 23, 2011 06:22AM
Well I've heard talk but that's not for sure

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 22, 2011 01:48PM
componets will take the 4.1 lps to the top level and thats where all in this class want to be.

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 22, 2011 02:01PM
7th sign
componets will take the 4.1 lps to the top level and thats where all in this class want to be.

LameEye Rolling

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 22, 2011 02:14PM
just the facts and since you have all that experince you know deep down inside thats the truth. Do you own a tractor vinny or are just a neighbor to a puller and stops by to hear the gossip?

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 22, 2011 03:52PM
Ya got nothing, try againThumbs Down

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 22, 2011 08:53AM
Advantage probably, distinct advantage probably not. The biggest thing like everbody else would say would be the balance of the tractor. With more movable weight on the tractor, some tracks might need that weight exactly in the right place, but like everybody if you know your tractor, can usually get the weight in the right place. Alot of times all you might have to do is move one or two weights or pick the right gear and move no weights to fit different track conditions. Like most, may or may not pick the right gear and weight location. Darin

Re: Gordyville Finals 4.1 LPS Youtube video January 23, 2011 03:33PM
I've seen alot more "cast" blocks blow apart than I've seen "cast" chassis blow apart in prostock and superstock classes and we don't see billet blocks being allowed in these classes. I've seen some pretty creative truss jobs on these motors to make them stay together. As far as Cast chassis reliability, it can be vastly improved by periodically breaking down these transmissions and rearends and replacing worn parts and properly assembling them with the proper bearing clearances and preloads and of course using a high quality synthetic gear oil.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,736, Posts: 229,871, Members: 3,333.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,986.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM