"Livin a Dream" January 05, 2011 05:26AM
Did Hunts tractor get sold and does he have his new one entered in Louisville or is that still the old tractor.

Just curious how could he improve on the old one. She was a pretty good ride

Re: "Livin a Dream" January 05, 2011 06:24AM
Well Engler built his new chassis, Hypermax providing power plant, Esdon Lehn Turbo plumbing and oiling system.... End result, ONE MEAN HOT ROD IF HE CAN HANG ON TO IT!

Re: "Livin a Dream" January 05, 2011 07:06AM
Sweeet!! Big motor 540 cubes 4 chargers??

Re: "Livin a Dream" January 05, 2011 10:49AM
I talked to brandon on 3 different occasions, and he told me he was going to build a lite super, (505 cubes) I also heard a rumor that he now has 3 supers! He did not tell me that, just what I had heard.

Re: "Livin a Dream" January 05, 2011 10:51AM
CORRECTION! the fellow that bought his tractor now has 3 supers! Sorry!

Re: "Livin a Dream" January 05, 2011 11:55AM
did esdon buy it or gaeton yalle? cant think of anybody else off the top of my head that would have 3 supers

Re: "Livin a Dream" January 05, 2011 11:57AM
I heard it was Uhmer! Only a rumor, not sure of how much merit to it!

Re: "Livin a Dream" January 05, 2011 01:09PM
It is true Mark Ulmer had it setting in his shop last week when I stopped buy . But I think you are wrong on how many supers he has !!!!

Re: "Livin a Dream" January 05, 2011 12:04PM
????? huh huh.

Re: "Livin a Dream" January 05, 2011 01:31PM
well he had 2 last year, so if you add one i sapose that would amount to three!

Re: "Livin a Dream" January 05, 2011 02:13PM
thats assuming he bought livin a dream and still has the weapon and lost tractors

Re: "Livin a Dream" January 06, 2011 01:45AM

Re: "Livin a Dream" January 06, 2011 02:22AM
if you only have 2 tractors, which one did you sell ?? Lost?, Weapon?, Livin-a-Dream?, did you sell one to blankespoor??

Re: "Livin a Dream" January 06, 2011 04:03AM
We only have lost and the weapon.... Randy didnt buy anything from my dad.

Re: "Livin a Dream" January 06, 2011 11:59AM
haha all just a nasty rumor huh?

Re: "Livin a Dream" January 06, 2011 12:06PM
Heard Ulmers bought Gary Wipfs old component chassis and are building an ALLIS CHALMERS SUPER STOCK !!!!!!!!!

Re: "Livin a Dream" January 06, 2011 12:08PM
its gota be true i read it on the internet!

Re: "Livin a Dream" January 06, 2011 01:24PM
absolutly but i heard it has a detroit motor with allis metal. Is that legal?

Re: "Livin a Dream" January 06, 2011 01:39PM
Think they have 7supers one for every day of the week. Just depends on what day it is and what color they feel like running. Think they have red, blue, green, orange, yellow, silver, and the last one in think is turd brown for those of you that stick your nose where it does not belong!

Re: "Livin a Dream" January 06, 2011 01:59PM
As legal as the shortend axle/housings in the weapon

Re: "Livin a Dream" January 06, 2011 02:32PM
How many pullers do they have? The wepon, Lost, Sweet Pain is there more?

Re: "Livin a Dream" January 06, 2011 02:36PM
between all the brothers/cousins i think they have 6, sneaky snake, inferno, weapon, living dream, lost, and the sweet pain mod

Re: "Livin a Dream" January 06, 2011 02:41PM
I am asuming that sneaky snake, inferno, living dream dnt pull much? IDK just asking... If they do what org..

Re: "Livin a Dream" January 06, 2011 02:54PM
just purchased for the 2011 season

Re: "Livin a Dream" January 06, 2011 03:00PM
Are you talking the pro stock sneaky snake or something different

Re: "Livin a Dream" January 06, 2011 03:02PM
von jurgens old light super 4055, he passed away this year and they bought it, or one of them

Re: "Livin a Dream" January 06, 2011 04:13PM
o boy the S@%t is gettin deep on here!

Re: "Livin a Dream" January 07, 2011 02:10AM
How bout we clear things up here? We are taking Liv'n a Dream's motor and putting it in lost for Louisville. Uncle Gary bought Inferno from the Atnips. We have bought Sneaky Snake from the Jurjens family. Dad went and picked it up today. It is true we also bought Gary Wipfs old Deere Fever chassis and making a D21 out of it for the LSS class. Hope this answers some questions for all of you guys. Any more questions i suppose ask...

Tyler Ulmer

Re: "Livin a Dream" January 07, 2011 02:45AM
Tyler,

You guys starting a tractor pulling Dealership? You guys are getting more air time than Esdon on here! LOL

Re: "Livin a Dream" January 07, 2011 03:42AM
wow, Tyler, you guys are going to be busy, will you even have time to pull?? anyway good luck at Lousville, hope you get everything done by then. looking forward to seeing you guys out next year

Re: "Livin a Dream" January 07, 2011 04:02AM
Well I'm glad this clears everything up.

Tyler Ulmer

feud ? January 07, 2011 05:18AM
It might be family fued, I think the "6 cylinder Ulmer's" are trying to get as many pistons as Dad and I already have???Beer

Re: feud ? January 07, 2011 05:50AM
tyler, which one you gona be driving?

Re: feud ? January 07, 2011 06:20AM
Thats totally up to my dad. That was one thing he told me if you want to drive them you have to work on them. Lookin forward to summer tho. that is one thing that I do enjoy about summer is seeing all the friends and family at pulling! I consider everyone I know from pulling family members. Cuz they are all great people!

Tyler Ulmer

Re: Wrong colors January 07, 2011 03:58PM
Tyler whats with the D21 and a John Deere? Just a little curious I thought you were strictly red.

Orange is the right color January 07, 2011 05:41PM
Hey Tyler and Mark, Glad to see more Orange out there. Guess I started somthing with having Mark do my turbo pluming on that old 21 I bought from Klingbile. Must have stirred up some old Allis memeries. HAHA. just glad to see more Orange out there. any Orange?'s give me a call. Trevor

Re: Orange is the right color January 08, 2011 12:10AM
Trevor where do you pull or with what orgainization? A long time ago I went and visited Mikes dealership out of curiousity to look at the pair of D21's, I just like old tractor pulling stuff I guess . Just wondering if I have seen your tractor before, because isn't Endangered Species(which has got to be one of the best nicknames out there) out of Ocheyedan an old Klingbile tractor as well.

Re: Orange is the right color January 08, 2011 04:34AM
We run NTPA RN3 and United Puller of Minnesota in the heavy super stock class. Tractors name is Another Bad Habit, dad run a mod and twd called The Bad Habit in the 70's and 80's. Yeah Endangered Species is the greatest name for old Allis. Yes they both came from Mikes shop. Tom and Brads was the one that just had the head off. The one that we bought was completely pieces. The only thing that was together was the rearend. What year were you at Mikes shop? we bought our tractorthe fall of 2007 and he sold the other one a few years before that. If you look at both tractors front axles they are the smae made by Mark Ulmer that is how we knew that was the other Klingbile tractor the first time we seen it.

Re: Orange is the right color January 08, 2011 05:28AM
Oh sure I seen you guys run in Pipestone Minnesota last year. I had thought the first time I seen it that you might of had Benny Mc Kinnon's old D21 out of Illinois, but I would have never guessed it was one of Klingbile's, huh you learn something new everyday pretty good. Oh lets see I was in his shop the last week of the year I think it was 2005 or 2006, I don't quite remember. Someone had told me that he still had them in the back and like I mentioned earlier, I like old pulling history so I just had to see them. I remember like you said that one was more or less complete and the other one was in boxes. What a small world, well keep up the good work, you got a pretty neat looking rig out there. Is there any chance you guys maybe giving a few of the Outlaw Pulls up here in the Northwest Iowa area a try, like Rock Valley, Hawarden, or Spencer. My brother, my Dad and myself run a 3688 3000rpm tractor with the Great Plains Orgainization so I don't get much time to see any NTPA pulls. I do get a chance to see Pipestone and Sibley which is nice.

Re: Orange is the right color January 08, 2011 06:58AM
I do have Harold (Butch) Wilson's old Sled Handler D-21 in the shed. Slowly making progress on getting that one out on the track. Hopefully next year will have it done. I didnt have a very impressive pass in Pipestone. Miss read track wrong gear and weight, O'well next year. We would like to make some Outlaw hooks but it never seems to pan out. Rockvalley was the same weekend as Rockwell and its tuff to run to Iowa in the middle of the week for Spencer. And New Germany was the same day as Hawarden. The only one we could have made was Dell Rapids SD, That we do go to every year as spectators. To bad it was cancelled this year. Maybe next year we can make one. Glad to hear you guys do some pull to.

Re: Orange is the right color January 08, 2011 09:39AM
Your kidding you have Harold Wilson's Sledhandler? Is it still a D21 or does it have orange duetz hoods on it? I thought I had seen a video of him in Louisville a many moons ago with duetz allis hoods on it, but I remember his kid had a pulling tractor too. Wow thats awesome. Since we are on the subject of resurecting old pumpkins does anybody out there know what happened to Brabecs Imposter would be great to see that tractor back as well?

Re: Orange is the right color January 09, 2011 03:34AM
No not kidding. Yes it did have duetz tin but i left that in Illinois were i got the tractor. It will have 7000 series tin on it now. I think that Jeff Hirts dad bought the Imposter. but not 100% sure on that.

Re: Orange is the right color January 09, 2011 04:06AM
will the new tractor be out in 2011?

Re: Orange is the right color January 09, 2011 04:08AM
No hopefully 2012.

Re: Orange is the right color January 28, 2011 08:32AM
Trevor,
The D21 that Klingbiles had in pieces and the rear end out back, was the originally built by Davis Buddenberg of Castalia Iowa. I looked at the D21s prior to his auction and got to talking Mike that I was from Decorah Iowa, 20 miles from Castalia. I have pictures that show the D 21 and My uncles 190 XT and another 190 all ready for a pull. Its great to here that theirs another D21 up and running.

To Will January 28, 2011 09:15AM
hey Will thanks for the info on the builder. I would sure like to see those pics you have. heres my e-mail heavyssdiesel@hotmail.com
you can see what it looks like now @ www.moorephotosmn.smugmug.com. if you want to see it run we will mostlikely be at Rockwell IA with it on july 8+9 i think is the date, if we dont brake before that. thanks

Re: allis chalmers January 29, 2011 04:09AM
I'm Trevors older brother and let me tell you what. When they brought that tractor home it was in a million pieces and was a huge jig saw puzzle. trevor and my dad and our uncle BUSTED there butts getting it on the track. Yes i may be a little bias but that is a darn good running orange tractor. It is good to see trevor and dads hard work paying off for them. Yes i wish there was a few more orange tractors out there but i know they are working on getting the 2nd one on the track. If anyone has pics of our dads old mod the bad habit or the twd the bad habit please post them Thanks

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,643, Posts: 229,709, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520