methenol March 03, 2011 11:54PM
switchen pump from disel to acohol what is need and any extra lubs needed any help would be helpful p pump

Re: methenol March 04, 2011 04:51AM
your kidding right?

Re: methenol March 04, 2011 05:15AM
I think he's talking about his wife's breast pump.

Re: methanol March 04, 2011 05:31AM
All joking aside ... methanol doesn't work well in a P pump. Methanol requires a complete different system. Eye Rolling

I like to see smoke coming out of tractors, so i'm not going to pretend I know the best set up for your tractor on methanol. Confused

They're are more knowledgeable posters in here. Spinning

Re: methanol March 04, 2011 06:20AM
that's funny but would also like to know how it works what pumps or how they do it

Re: methanol March 04, 2011 06:47AM
Perhaps he means his transfer pump

Re: methenol March 04, 2011 08:19AM
can you run methenal through a p pump with lubs or is there another pump set up and if so what are they using?

Re: methenol March 04, 2011 08:25AM
it is a completely different fuel system,from the filters to the injectors.also the methanol requires a ignition system,which you would need to add.in short diesel cannot be drained and alcohol added,either way it will noy work..

Re: methenol March 04, 2011 08:50AM
You need a system that meters fuel to air supply. A diesel system cannot be changed over to methanol.
You also need ignition, spark plugs, ...
Big change!

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: methenol March 04, 2011 09:35AM
years back a Nebraska Bush puller did it with a D21 no sparkplugs

Re: methenol March 05, 2011 08:09AM
I remember a discussion with a professor (about 1966-67) who said that it was tried in
South America but they had to adapt a second injector pump to make it run. Don't remember specifics on performance but think it was done on a IH.

Re: methenol March 05, 2011 01:48PM
Large stationary engines use a diesel system as a spark plug so to speak, turn your diesel pump down to say 50 cc delivery adda second alcohol injection system, your fuel mix will have to be correct to keep your engine alive or u will have a burnt up engine. the diesel fuel system makes a great spark plug, it allows you to run rich alcohol mixture to keep from detonation. do some research on dual fuel it has been used for years

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,948, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,033.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009