GoPro Camera Users?? March 12, 2011 02:05PM
I just purchased a New GoPro Hero camera, with a few additional mounts. (after reading some others posts, I like not having AA or AAA batteries.. on the new Hero.. I try to avoid regular batteries.)

My questions is about the Audio, and which rear cover everyone is using. It has the waterproof rear cover, and an open rear cover. What are is everyone using when mounting them on the tractor/cage or helmet? I want good sound.. but I don't want the camera full of dust and dirt either..
I clamped it on to a tractor and drove it around.. tried it with both covers, and really wasn't impressed with the sound with either cover..
(I was worried about getting the camera aimed in the correct position, and was surprised when I got it there there was not a view finder or someway to line up the camera.. but I really haven't had an issue yet. )

I'm looking forward to some of the additional pieces that can be added to the Hero.. like the lcd display.. maybe they will have an addition mic?

Just looking for suggestions, and things others have found that work well.
Thanks,
Bryan

Re: GoPro Camera Users?? March 12, 2011 09:39PM
Yes I am an owner of an earlier model Gopro. I can see a benefit in not having to vanquish local supplies of aaa batteries! the rechargeable option is a definite improvement! question- does this new one still come with a waterproof case? With mine, I find a viewfinder unnecessary as the lens is quite a wide angle type!I mount mine on the very front cage tube,but it does pick up every little vibration though![www.youtube.com]

Re: GoPro Camera Users?? March 13, 2011 12:10AM
Jim... after you and Sascha posted about having this camera was the reason I bought this camera.. (and I found it on sale, and I could get it with the new style battery.)
Yes, it still comes with the water proof case.. I think the design is still about the same.. but you can take the door off, and there is one that holes cut in it for better sound..
I'll agree with the comment about the view finder.. I really thought it was going to be an issue, but with the wide angle you really don't need it..

So much for the sale, i paid $224.. (every time I checked the price afterwards the price was a little higher..)
[www.cycleprotectionproducts.com]

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,702, Posts: 229,803, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,952.

Our newest member CBeard