Cutting tires March 08, 2011 06:30AM
What is the best tool for cutting tires? I was thinking of sharpening mine up. Hand grinder? Electric hand saw? Other?

Re: Cutting tires March 08, 2011 08:56AM
I guess it depends on what part of the bar/lug your cutting. We use a 7" flat disk (rubber hog)to remove large amounts fast on side walls and to shorten lug height. I use a modified 4"cup to cut out rips and tears. And I using a hot knife with a metal jig on the leading edges. All will destroy a good set of tires in a hurry if your new to the art of tire cutting. My advise to you, go slow, start on a junk set first.

Re: Cutting tires March 09, 2011 06:35AM
a few of us in Missouri just sharpen up a good axe or hatchet or if you have a good chain saw they all are quick

Re: Cutting tires --MAYHILL March 12, 2011 12:54AM
Contact Chad Mayhill to work on your tires. You will not find a more knowledgable person about tires.

Hoosier Pulling Tires
102 W. Jefferson St.
Reynolds In 47980

574-297-1284

www.hoosierpullingtires.com
or
e-mail: chad@hoosierpullingtires.com

Re: Cutting tires --MAYHILL March 12, 2011 09:38AM
i used a hand held electric wood planner worked great

Re: Good idea... parts? March 13, 2011 07:23AM
I've seen good success with that hand planer idea. Trouble is the drive belt broke on it. The local Sears has been a waste of time. It's a Craftsman electric hand planer. Does anyone know how to get replacement drive belts?

Re: Good idea... parts? March 13, 2011 08:40AM
1. Google search the belt for Planer Model# ?

2. Find out the part # (call Craftsman) and Google it.

3. Find a store that handles electric tools and ask them.

What have you got to lose.

Re: Good idea... parts? March 13, 2011 08:41AM
buy a dewalt hand held electric wood planer have had mine about 15 years works great, front or tops of bar

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,781, Posts: 229,963, Members: 3,339.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,045.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009