Slotted cover vs Smooth bore cover April 27, 2011 08:27AM
IM wonderign how benificial a slotted cover is over a smooth bore cover on a 3.6 turbo. Our rules state I can run a slotted cover. I have heard it both ways that the smooth bore will make more power then the slotted, but the slotted widens the compressor map so its harder to fall off the charger. Just wondering if its worth it to go with a slotted cover or not.

Re: Slotted cover vs Smooth bore cover April 27, 2011 08:49AM
slotted should make more power,that is why alot of places dont allow in certain classes

Re: Slotted cover vs Smooth bore cover April 27, 2011 03:15PM
IF its a clipped wheel and the the slots are behind the clipped part of the wheel or the larger part of the inducer if that makes sense to you, then i believe it. But the slots are just there to widen the map correct? I have heard on numerous occasions that a smooth bore cover will make more power since the slots actually bleed off pressure/flow, So im just wondering how much truth there is too this. Please dont just sance hands down a slotted cover will make more power unless you have info to back it up. alot of BS on here allready and just looking for real world expierience.

Re: Slotted cover vs Smooth bore cover April 27, 2011 03:33PM
Well if your looking for real exprience I suggest you go to garett's website. There's all kinds of information about everything turbo.

Re: Slotted cover vs Smooth bore cover April 28, 2011 01:39AM
call Kevin at Englkens dyno Rock City Ill, he will be honest with you

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,790, Posts: 229,989, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,103, Posts: 226,066.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009