test hook May 11, 2011 10:09AM
Just wanting to know your opinions on test hooks. I've noticed a certain few when they pull test hook. They back into the sled start loading it then let it snuff. Claiming problems with something. Drop in the order than pull fine (with no repairs). Its always the same ones doing it. Some of the promoter won't let the second puller become test hook.ie aloud to drop. Do you pullers feel its ok the same pullers keep doing this. Or do you feel they should take there turn like everybody else when drawed test hook? I personally don't think the ok for you, but not for me attitude is very cool.

Re: test hook May 12, 2011 02:05AM
I don't personally understand how it would be beneficial to waste an attempt pretending to have problems when the 1st man out has the option to drop regardless of the results of his first hook, but that is their right and option do so, I guess.

Re: test hook May 12, 2011 02:18AM
If the track is junk and a later hook could be better. Have seen guys pull that trick before!!!!!!

Re: test hook May 12, 2011 06:39AM
Understood, but why the smoke and mirrors? Why not just make an honest attempt on your first hook and drop if you think later would be better? 1st puller has the option to drop anyway, why pretend to have problems? If it's an attempt to fake out the competition, what would that fool them into thinking? I can think of lots of other mind games that would be far more effective than that.

Re: test hook May 12, 2011 06:58AM
They do it because they think the track will improve and dont want to take the chance of breaking on a pass they feel will not win.

Re: test hook May 12, 2011 11:47AM
Its also because of a dry block. If they think the track will change, I have seen them drop to last without even hooking! They need to change the rule that they may only drop 3 positions if they don't make an honest attempt. This will get tested if a team has 2 tractors and they draw the 1st and 2nd position. The first tractor, by not coming to the track, and by notifying the official they are dropping to last, they give the second tractor a chance to drop to last also if he/she don't like his/her first pull instead of 1!

Re: test hook May 12, 2011 12:57PM
I remember several years back, when the old ATPA came up with idea of eliminating the test pull option.. Bstp adopted it for the couple of events, then dropped and went back to traditional way. I reacll announcing the first couple of pulls that year, and no body liked it.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,640, Posts: 229,706, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520