NWMTPA September 07, 2011 09:00AM
I have been hearing rumors that northwest missouri tractor pullers assc. mite be thinking about adding a lite super stock class can anyone tell me if this is even being talked about and what kind of rules they mite have i was kinda curious it mite be a fun class roo get in too

Re: NWMTPA September 07, 2011 09:45AM
Wish they would drop their speed limit class or the non turbo on at least and add a light super and a 4.1 limited prostock. Would be a hell of a show then.

Re: NWMTPA September 07, 2011 10:19AM
1+ on the lite supers!!!! Ive been wanting to build one of those for a while, but I dont want to drive 200 miles to pull it!!!

Re: NWMTPA September 07, 2011 11:40AM
they were thinking of adding turbo's to the non turbo class, don't think it will be a lite super class by any means more of a lite profield

Re: NWMTPA September 07, 2011 12:18PM
Why would they do that? The only non turbos they have are m farmalls and gas 4020s. They would be better to drop the hay rakers and the speed limit class.

Re: NWMTPA September 07, 2011 12:59PM
Yea you drop the non turbo and the 12mph class, then next the pro feild, econo rods, then only the guys with the big bucks can play, association dies from lack of pullers.. better think about it, just my opinion.........

Re: NWMTPA September 07, 2011 01:09PM
Heard
they were thinking of adding turbo's to the non turbo class, don't think it will be a lite super class by any means more of a lite profield

Ol Dolly is going to be sporting Brent Long aluminum head and 4 turbos next year,....it's gonna be epic!Eye Popping

Re: NWMTPA September 07, 2011 01:23PM
If they did away with speed limit in Heavy class they would pick up Tractors that used to pull with IAMO. That would be a 10-12 tractor class.

Re: NWMTPA September 07, 2011 02:13PM
Bad Medicine
If they did away with speed limit in Heavy class they would pick up Tractors that used to pull with IAMO. That would be a 10-12 tractor class.
They did at the fair, it didn't work out to well for the iamo tractors.

Re: NWMTPA September 08, 2011 04:32AM
Ya I know, 2 Iamo there I think. But NWM tractors are not running 2.3 chargers. I still think we should get our heads together, it would benefit everyone.

Re: NWMTPA September 08, 2011 12:43PM
Bad Medicine
Ya I know, 2 Iamo there I think. But NWM tractors are not running 2.3 chargers. I still think we should get our heads together, it would benefit everyone.

Northwest has a good class. Build within the rules and u boys can come play anytime u like. we won't pick and choose between you eitherWinking

Re: NWMTPA September 09, 2011 06:16AM
That's the problem, it's your rules or don't come. That's why I said we need to set down and both sides give a little. The rules are close anyway so it's not gonna cause anyone to have to do much or spend money to have a big class. I didn't mean do away with Pro Farm class, just the speed limit, after all it's called Pro Farm not Farm Stock. Just trying to come up with rules so more tractors can come play. This crap that no 2 orgs can come up with common rules is gonna be the end of all classes sooner or later. Just my thoughts, don't wanna quit because of nowhere to pull, or no rule enforcement, and there hasn't been any of that this year. Thanks for listening to my rant, Jerry P.

Re: NWMTPA September 07, 2011 03:11PM
Old black diamond will be right there with ol dolly have to have a someone follow me down track pick up the parts!!!

Re: NWMTPA September 08, 2011 01:45AM
BM There already are 10 to 12 tractors in the pro farm class. Y would they drop the pro farm anyway, it has the most tractors and color than any other class. nons r about gone anyway. It would be nice to see the 4.1s at every pull though

Re: NWMTPA & 4.1's September 08, 2011 02:28AM
I like the 4.1's as much as anybody. However, it's not really feasible to add a 4.1 class to the NWMTPA as a normally sanctioned/offered class.

The 4.1's are regional/national tractors (Outlaw/PPL) and will usually run the big shows before they run a NWMTPA show. The NWMTPA shows are used as filler when there isn't a big show on the same date. Not that I blame them. If I had a 4.1, I would go where the money and prestige is at.

However, it puts the NWMTPA in a bind with the promoter if the NWMTPA offers a 4.1 class, the promoter books the 4.1 class, and no 4.1's show up. And the kind of prize money needed to have a good chance of getting the 4.1's at a show ($2,500+) is a load for most small town promoters.

If you could find 5 or 6 tractors that would be loyal to the NWMTPA circuit in the 4.1 class, I would be all for it. However, that just isn't the case. We used to offer a Superfarm class years ago when Superfarm was the hot new class, but the Superfarms would generally only run it when there wasn't an Outlaw or other big pull that same night.

The best that can be done is have the promoter watch the schedule, see if there are any big pulls on the same night as their show, then come up with the money (if they can) to sweeten the Open Class purse or add the 4.1's as a nonsanctioned class.

Re: NWMTPA & 4.1's September 08, 2011 12:26PM
I agree with Steve. We kicked around the idea of running a 4.1 class at Albany, but it just wasnt good business to do it, as we were up against several bigger pulls that night. I agree that if the open class purse was bigger, it would open it up more to the 4.1s and others.

Re: NWMTPA & 4.1's September 08, 2011 03:42PM
My 2 cents- Always be aware what your towns can afford to spend. When you get a good read on this then you can decide what level of performance can be affordable to the promoter. It takes more dollars to assure a large enough number of 4.1 tractors will be loyal followers. I love this class but I doubt it is feasable to most towns. Maybe a bump in money in the 8200 lim.pro would get 2 or 3 more tractors built? I can say it takes several dollars to build one of these,so if the towns/promoters are about tapped out on money,maybe the P-Pump class ought to be the big horsepower class. I guess my main point is don't over price your towns or underpay your higher cost vehicles if you want the good times to continue. We all have to live within our means.

Re: NWMTPA & 4.1's September 08, 2011 10:54PM
I agree. If you add high horse power classes, higher purses are a necessity. Then the cost of booking the org. goes up. And even at that, you'll still have a hard time bringing tractors in with competition from other organizations. Nebraska Bush is an example of this. They've really stepped up their show, but the costs have come up as well. As for tractors numbers, they could use a few more regulars in the new classes (4.1 and unlimited)-- expensive to maintain and some of the in-state guys run Outlaw.

Re: NWMTPA September 09, 2011 03:45AM
Yeah, I saw some spy photos of it from Long Machine!

Re: NWMTPA September 09, 2011 03:47AM
The photos were of Ol Dolly's cylinder head from above post!!

Re: NWMTPA September 09, 2011 04:24AM
A lite profield class would be great if the rules were set up right first of all no speed limit

Re: NWMTPA September 09, 2011 06:34AM
You would probably want to look at MSTPA's class of 5900 lb Profield tractors for your rules. It is a very good class and has a lot of speed and smoke and is a very economical class to have. Also is easy to enforce the rule sense all you have to worry about is rpm's and cubic inches. There is no turbo rule and the pump rule allowes P-pumps. Pretty simple really.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2011 06:37AM by farmall puller.

Re: NWMTPA September 09, 2011 03:07PM
Yes, just make a cummins class, thats what they have for their light classes now. MACK

Re: NWMTPA September 10, 2011 05:56AM
Mack, It's true to say that it seems to be the present state of pulling. How do we change that and still be able to run the newer more updated motors? You know I'm a IH man and would like to be competative with a IH motor and to do that seems like a major challenge. So what makes the 5.9 motor such a good preformance motor??? Are we running 5.9's or is it something that looks like a 5.9, oops my thougths got to wandering around , shame on me. You know there are all kinds of rumors out there about different motor like the 5.9's and detroit 466's and so on and on and on.

Re: NWMTPA September 10, 2011 02:59PM
They are like running a chev or ford, you can buy every thing off the shelf to make them run. we have to make owers or trile and air. If you don,t have a cummins at matpa you might as well stay at home, but that is what the board wanted 3 years ago when they changed the rules. MACK

Re: NWMTPA September 19, 2011 06:24AM
Hey any of the NWM tractors there will be a Pull Sat. night 24th 6:00 pm in New Virginia Ia. The 9500 Pro Field class will be combined with 10200 Super Field class. Also there will be an open class with Pickups and tractors. Rumor is Longnecker may show up. This will be a good end of year pull. Pickup classes are 8000 Pro street, 8200 Pro stock, 5800 mod. 2wd, 8500 Pro Street Diesel. Info Matt Strange 515-249-6074 or Steve Dunkin 515-238-0883. Open class pays 300,200,100,50.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2011 03:13PM by Bad Medicine.

Re: NWMTPA September 20, 2011 02:04PM
Is anyone going to shelby? They r having the 10200 11000 super field. whats the rules for that class and hot farm? cubic in, rpm, turbo? any info would b appreciated

Re: NWMTPA September 21, 2011 01:34PM
It will be a big class, has been all year, at least 1 or maybe 2 tractors ! Don't worry about rules they don't have any.

Re: NWMTPA September 25, 2011 04:30PM
Yeah let's get together with iamo we set the same d*m rules on the apump class they never showed once or twice maybe hell maybe we should godfather a few tractors in if they over cubes or whatever its okay e

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009