STREET DRAG RADIALS September 26, 2011 09:17AM
Here's a switch from the normal tractor pulling topics: I'm sure that there are some tractor pullers out there that are also quarter milers.

QUESTION: What is the best brand DOT drag radial out there for the full dress big block Chevelle?? I don't necessarily care whether they're the best at the the track; I'm more interested in what works the best on the average street surface for a STREET FIGHTER. I don't care about miles per tire, just all out set ya back in your seat grabbers. You know, light to light street fighting.

Ya ya, I know.............30.5 32 puller 2000's...........right?????

Re: STREET DRAG RADIALS September 26, 2011 09:37AM
mickey thompson's are probably one of the best drag radials.. or the Et street radials that are pretty much a slick

Re: STREET DRAG RADIALS September 26, 2011 09:48AM
Agreed, Mickey Thompson Drag radials are as good as it gets and they drive better than an ET street, usually because on the street you will run a radial tire on the front, and the et street is a bias tire. Also the MT Dr has a stiffer sidewall. Also a lot of people are using the Hoosier Quicktime Pro DOT tire for a street legal slick.

Re: STREET DRAG RADIALS September 27, 2011 01:50AM
I ran 28 10.5 15 M/T sportsman pros in the early 90's on the street, 3600 lb, 550hp, 69 chevelle with a 4 speed! They hooked up very well! But had no luck with these at the track!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2011 02:05AM by Goz.

Re: STREET DRAG RADIALS September 27, 2011 03:21AM
I have been running Hoosier Quick Time Pros on a low 11 second Mustang II for 10 years. Basically a grooved slick. new set after a full season. Not the radials you seek, but a very good hooking tire.

Re: STREET DRAG RADIALS September 27, 2011 03:49AM
I have had a set of Hoosier Quick Times in the past and they hooked very well. They got a little squirrelly around 140mph. I do not like the mixing of bias and radials. I currently have a set of Nitto radial street slicks. At 28 - 30 psi they pretty much go up in smoke. I am going to experiment with lower pressures, but, have heard that Nittos aren't going to hook up like MT's will. I guess I'll find out. Another factor; the Nittos are 28" tall and 10" wide. I'm thinking I'm going to have to go up to a 30" tall tire and hopefully will be able to get another inch of width. I'm trying to do everything I can to NOT tub the car beings it's a true 138.

Re: STREET DRAG RADIALS September 27, 2011 04:50AM
It's been years ago, so the compound may be different and I may be talking out of school, but I found the MT's worked best for me with just enough burnout to clean them off, not get them roasting hot. If overheated, they'd spin like they had oil on them. At the track, drive around the burnbox and do your burnout dry, again, just enough to clean them off. The Hoosier QT's were just the opposite, I think because they were more like a slick and didn't have real tread on them. That said, street racing is a bad idea.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009