2011 Awards November 09, 2011 03:50PM
I posted my thoughts on the 2011 season awards, as I tried to come up with some categories and award deserving competitors! In reflecting on the full season there were some really phenomenal performances and accomplishments that occurred. Jake, Dick and readers I would love to open this up for some further conversation on your thoughts. I certainly don't get to see all of the events, all of the passes etc, so I am sure other folks may have some things they would like to highlight. You can read my thoughts on the blog at www.milesbeyond300.blogspot.com

Thanks

Re: 2011 Awards November 09, 2011 05:27PM
sadly schmucker doesn't quilify.has pulled at more than four events

Re: 2011 Awards November 09, 2011 08:45PM
Hey Miles, I just thought of one award that probably should be on your list. You never handed out a Hard Luck award. I can think of a couple who would qualify for it off the top of my head. The Bunnages come to mind first. Where would they have fell in points without the flooding that caused them to stay home instead of heading to Saluda in April. Miles Stratton is another candidate as he didn't have a motor most of the season. Both were fighting for championships the year before. Doug Lively was strong all season but parts wore out on him late in the year taking him out of the fight so to speak. All of these competitors had strong showings but for one reason or another don't have a championship this season. There are probably a few more but those are the ones that immediately come to mind.

Re: 2011 Awards November 10, 2011 12:48AM
Here-
Thanks for the information on the Schmucker's. I was not aware that they did not qualify for Rookie of the Year Status with the NTPA.

Keith-
You are very correct on the Hard Luck Award and you mentioned some very deserving folks. I had considered doing that one but wasn't sure how to determine who would be the winner. I think that is a great idea for the future!

Thanks for the feedback.

Re: 2011 Awards November 10, 2011 12:32PM
neatThumbs Up

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,718, Posts: 229,833, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,967.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro