Duramax diesel need help! December 10, 2011 01:16AM
I have a 2005 duramax diesel, crew cab dually, im pretty sure i have a blown head gasket because , im getting pressure back through my radiator which is causing my low coolant light to come on. I can fill it up and about three days it on again, im pretty sure it pushing the fluid out the overflow. If the head gasket is blown , i want to do it right and stud the heads and put some better head gaskets, than the stock one, so i dont have this problem again . My question is where is the best place to get the parts to do this , please give me some contact info , on the best place to get the parts i need. Thanks for any help.

Re: Duramax diesel need help! December 10, 2011 02:50AM
better check under valve seats. local garage just installed reman duramax engine. longblock first day started needing coolant. found cracked head. Just something to look for.

Re: Duramax diesel need help! December 10, 2011 09:48AM
I am going to have the heads checked and surfaced when i do the gasket and stud job

Re: Duramax diesel need help! December 10, 2011 04:24AM
Merchant Automotive has a kit with the correct head gaskets, exhaust manifold gaskets, and all other miscellaneous seals and gaskets to do the job and the head studs for a little over a grand.

[www.merchant-automotive.com]

Chris Watson
Watson Motorsports
Batavia, OH

Re: Duramax diesel need help! December 10, 2011 08:59AM
I am also doing the same thing, same year of truck, lly motor. While the heads are off i am also deleting the whole egr system, installing aftermarkert downpipe, drivers side manifold and the hot side intercooler pipe. All of these items either have to come off or will be easy to get to with the heads off. The stock downpipe and drivers side manifold are extremely pinched killing exhaust flow, not necessarily a big hp gain but will cool off egt's. The egr is basically your post intercooler pipe going into engine, with deleting that i decided to go ahead and put the better turbo to intercooler (hotside) pipe on also. The gaskest and studs will cost around a $1000 and the other items another $1000.

Re: Duramax diesel need help! December 10, 2011 09:58AM
Ive already done the egr cooler delete, may consider the other stuff though thanks for the help , where are u going to buy your parts, . Me truck was just out of factory warrantee and the dealer wanted around 4 to 5 thousand just to replace the stock head gasket, im pretty sure i can make it a lot stronger truck for five grand.

Re: Duramax diesel need help! December 10, 2011 10:08AM
Nevermind, didn't see your last post!

Re: Duramax diesel need help! December 10, 2011 10:05AM
May want to go on one of the Duramacks message boards to see how to check while its together. On the 6.0 Fords, its usually the EGR cooler, not the head gaskets.

Re: Duramax diesel need help! December 10, 2011 10:07AM
I found a kit through area diesel, for about the same more all the same parts thanks for the help.

Re: Duramax diesel need help! December 10, 2011 11:21AM
Before, you order parts check with zach from mid-ohio diesel. He might be able to get you everything you need at a real reasonable cost. Tell him what your up to and what all you want to do. Ive been working on stuff down there with him on nights and weekends, so if you mention my name ( mike swartzmiller ) he might just give you a better deal yet. His cell number is 419-618-9093 and you can call him anytime. Hes a good guy and will give you a good price, so give him a call and good luck.

I can help... December 10, 2011 12:20PM
I can get you ARP Head Stud Kit to your door for $610 or shop that is doing the work.

And head gasket kit for $420. To your door as well.

Both in stock 2 day shipping in most cases.

Call me if you have any questions.

712-887-1151 Adam

www.truck-specialties.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2011 12:20PM by AV.

Re: I can help... December 10, 2011 01:33PM
Thanks for all the positive feed back and suppiler info it great to have options, i really apperciate the help, izs lookin llike parts are gonna be around a grand give or take fifty anywhere i go, but again guy thanks for all the good options

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,748, Posts: 229,892, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,087, Posts: 225,995.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM