Bosch A pump January 10, 2012 12:09PM
I have an A pump off a DT360 that I may put on a DT466, my question is what can I do to it without sending to a pump shop. Just looking to crank it up as much as I can, and how much power can i expect to get with it also using a 3LM 466 charger? How may RPM's can I get out of it, I do understand that the best way is a pump stand to calibrate it and bigger plungers and all but just like to see what I can do myself for now. thanks

Re: Bosch A pump January 11, 2012 11:39AM
no body out there can help me on this subject?

Re: Bosch A pump January 11, 2012 11:56AM
Turn the screw in if A is the same as P. More smoke is more fuel. What are you capapable of doing yourself? Grind down the gov weights for more rpms. Good luck, you'll save more money sending it to a pump shop for up grades, live and learn.

Re: Bosch A pump January 11, 2012 01:14PM
odds are it's an rqv governor(for trucks) and turning up the fuel is different than an rsv like most tractors use. The biggest thing to be careful about with turning it up blind, is if it has retard notches on top of the plungers. Will melt pistons quick if all of a sudden as you are pulling it down and timing retards 10*!

Re: Bosch A pump January 11, 2012 01:29PM
so to be safe just save the money an send it out? I'd really like to put a P pump on it but not sure what the funds will allow me to do, just figured it's better than the MW that's on it now

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,800, Posts: 230,009, Members: 3,341.
This forum: Topics: 37,106, Posts: 226,079.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009