trouble selling good stock tractor parts February 06, 2012 11:39AM
I don't know if anyone else is having the same problem that I am, but I'm struggling in trying to sell my good/stock tractor parts that I have. Seems like salvage yards have an over stock of many tractor parts of many makes and models, so most yards won't buy what I have (john deere 4430 parts). But what I don't understand is salvage yards want so much for their parts to the point that farmers like myself look at the situation and think.....ummmm spend a little more and have a brand new part. All I'm trying to do is sell a good part. Not trying to get rich just make a little on it but at the same time help someone else out that needing a good part. Most salvage yards have told me to take my stuff to a junk yard. Is that what I should do? Anyone else deal with this? Thoughts?

Re: trouble selling good stock tractor parts February 07, 2012 12:21AM
I have always heard that them JDs never break down so you might as well take your parts to a scrapper.

Re: trouble selling good stock tractor parts February 07, 2012 02:14AM
Unless you don't have the space to store some of the stuff, just hang on to it. It takes some time, but somewhere along the line someone will be in need of an item you have, and you'll get the chance to sell it. Salvage yards aren't interested in buying separate items, when they can buy a complete salvage tractor cheap, tear it down, and make far more money that way.

Keep an eye on the Wanted ads, you'll find an ad on there someday for an item you have.

Re: trouble selling good stock tractor parts February 07, 2012 03:54AM
call me 816-284-1183

Re: trouble selling good stock tractor parts February 07, 2012 07:36AM
OF COURSE the salvage yards want you to take your parts to the scrap yard. THAT WAY, WHEN YOU DO, YOU ARE NO LONGER IN COMPETITION WITH THEM. It's called: SALVAGE YARD 101.

Re: trouble selling good stock tractor parts February 07, 2012 12:06PM
do you have a good hyd pump? call if you do 260-625-4717

Re: trouble selling good stock tractor parts February 07, 2012 02:12PM
I was told to try posting my stuff to ebay as of right now I'm going to try that. Thanks for thoughts.
No hydro pump sorry

Re: trouble selling good stock tractor parts February 09, 2012 09:21AM
scrap them, send them to china so thay can build bigger ships

Re: trouble selling good stock tractor parts February 08, 2012 01:47PM
lancaster farming mail box

Re: trouble selling good stock tractor parts February 09, 2012 03:52AM
where are you located,do you have an oil pan?

Re: trouble selling good stock tractor parts February 09, 2012 10:11AM
looking for an oil pan. 734-693-4591 Thanks,Charlie

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,640, Posts: 229,706, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520