turbo oil February 08, 2012 04:00PM
I have a question about the oil feed line to the turbo on the stock line on a IH 414 or 436 they restric the oil feeding the turbo, is this to keep oil pressure up? would a guy need to restric the feed line on a bigger turbo like an hx60 or gt42? any help would be great Thanks

Re: turbo oil February 09, 2012 12:38AM
The typical HX 60 has sleeve bearings. A sleeve bearing turbo can use a lot of oil volume to lubricate and cool the turbo shaft. There are some ball bearing HX 60's and GT42 turbo turbo's. They usually require a restrictor in the oil line. Precision turbo's come with a restrictor in the oil feed fitting. Its best to check with whomever you get your turbo from to make sure you know if it has sleeve bearings or ball bearings. Also--you should probably turn up the oil pressure on your tractor if you are going to use it for pulling.

Re: turbo oil February 09, 2012 08:04AM
i have a HX40 on a 436 with no restriction in the line and it holds 60 psi down the track.
i know this is a much smaller turbo than yours but i hope this helps!

Re: turbo oil February 09, 2012 08:45AM
What were the stock requirements for your turbo? (oil)
How much past stock shaft rpm are you asking of the turbo?
If you add oil make sure you can return it!

Re: turbo oil February 09, 2012 12:36PM
ok well the one i have is a non ball brg gt42 it was just an (out of box turbo) it came with a restrictor plate that the oil feed line threads on to but i wasnt sure about it, if its right or if i should use one at all.

Re: turbo oil February 09, 2012 02:16PM
does anyone use a restrictor on the gt42?

Re: turbo oil February 09, 2012 04:03PM
We don't, ran GT 42 for1 years with no trouble.

Re: turbo oil February 10, 2012 03:48PM
Anyone else?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,763, Posts: 229,924, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,020.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM