super stock diesel vs prostock gear ratio February 12, 2012 10:50AM
Does anyone know the difference in wheel speed or gear ratio for a super stock diesel vs a prostock???
Is there much of a difference where a super has bigger tires to turn??

what kind of ratios would a super and a pro run on a good outdoor track vs a tight track like LOUISVILLE??

just curious,
anyone know??

Re: super stock diesel vs prostock gear ratio February 12, 2012 11:43AM
This is a guess but I think its pretty close, but I think at NFMS this weekend the winning pro guy will be 19-21:1 and the winning DSS will be around 16:1. This is just a guess from what I have heard talking to some pullers.

On a 300' track in the summer with not as much bite these will obviously speed up.

Re: super stock diesel vs prostock gear ratio February 12, 2012 12:58PM
Hey Adam, did you run 16 at NFMS last time you were there?

Re: super stock diesel vs prostock gear ratio February 12, 2012 02:17PM
Ha ha we brought a plastic knife to gun fight when we went in 2009. We knew that going in and did it just because it's NFMS.

17.2 was my slowest and we pumped up the tires to 10 and still wished we had something closer to 20. With a p pump as well (gluttons for punishment) the motor just never recovered from loading it and clutch even gave out.

We had fun doing it and hopefully will be lucky enough to be invited back. We will have a sharper knife next time.

Re: super stock diesel vs prostock gear ratio February 12, 2012 02:38PM
maybe you will get a better pipe the next time and sharpen that knife but at least you were there

Re: super stock diesel vs prostock gear ratio February 13, 2012 12:16AM
jus ribbing ya a little!Grinning

Re: super stock diesel vs prostock gear ratio February 13, 2012 05:23AM
One thing to remember between the two, is that a Prostock is wanting to maintain a higher rpm down the track to keep that big windmill turning. So they may be shooting for 5000+rpms

The DSS can afford a lower rpm down the track with staged air helping keep the turbos working. So they may be shooting for 4000-5000.

The above, the tires, and the cubes are all coming into play as to why they run a different final.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,765, Posts: 229,931, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM