ITPA switch from NTPA to Outlaw question????? February 27, 2012 02:17PM
What year did they switch was it 1999 or something different?

Re: ITPA switch from NTPA to Outlaw question????? February 27, 2012 11:26PM
2000 was the year they left the NTPA.

Re: ITPA switch from NTPA to Outlaw question????? February 28, 2012 05:41AM
ITPA left in 1999. That was the year NTPA made the SFI roll cages mandatory. Goodwin and ITPA didn't like the way NTPA handled the situation. NTPA did a very poor job promoting the roll cages at first. At meetings pullers would ask questions about mounting the cages and modifying them to fit their tractor, and the officials said nope it has to be to this spec! Then when summer came there were tractors with mushroom clouds for cages, which clearly only helped you get a concussion.

It is all water under the bridge now. Now they let more room for modifying while still keeping everyone safe. ITPA is a part of Outlaw and NTPA still has some very good pulls in Iowa as well.

Re: ITPA switch from NTPA to Outlaw question????? February 28, 2012 08:39AM
Thanks I have a bunch of pictures that were rescued from a basment flood and I'm puting them back in albums and i'm trying to match them up the towns with the years they were taken.

Re: ITPA switch from NTPA to Outlaw question????? February 28, 2012 02:41PM
The was NO spec on the mounting. NONE! That was an OPINION!!

Re: ITPA switch from NTPA to Outlaw question????? February 28, 2012 03:06PM
Evidently you do not have a copy of the SFI spec.
There ARE specs.
They are not spelled out to infinity, but there are specs.
Example being the bolts (if used) to mount the cage must be in shear, not compression or tension.
Base material size is spelled out.
Obviously we need a better spec for what final drive materials can be used in component chassis! I guess NO CAST IRON isn't clear enough.

Re: ITPA switch from NTPA to Outlaw question????? February 28, 2012 03:50PM
Yes I have a copy of the CAGE spec. There is NO spec on the mounting base. Since you don't believe me, ask Dave Phund. He will tell you the same thing.

Re: ITPA switch from NTPA to Outlaw question????? February 28, 2012 03:53PM
Oh and the no cast iron is clear enough. It's the TECHING that is not good enough. But if you are a good ol'e boy, it's ok what you can get by with.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,763, Posts: 229,927, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,023.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM