Ignition solutions plasma booster with MSD ingition November 24, 2010 01:14PM
Is any one running these two boxes together heard that they would work together and that it would multiply the multiple sparks from a MSD box. so if the msd produced 4 sparks to one plug, in comb it would produce 16 sparks to the same plug. Just wondering if anyone has done this?

Re: Ignition solutions plasma booster with MSD ingition March 28, 2012 03:05AM
David Vizard wrote about using both boxes together to accomplish what your referring to in his book 'How To Build Horsepower'. He phrases it " In terms of spark output on a test rig, I have seen very strong results with an MSD box and a plasma booster tied-in to work together" He than goes on to explain that individual results may very due to combustion chamber efficiency and how a less efficient chamber can benefit the most from the ignition boxes. An already greatly designed combustion chamber may not have a noticeable affect with the boxes.

I've used MSD boxes on past hot rods (Usually a big compression small block chevy) and I like them. I have recently ordered and awaiting delivery of a plasma booster to install on my commuter car, a 94 Saab 900s 2.5 V6 non-turbo. My online search of plasma boosters in anticipation of my Plasma Booster experiement is what led me to your question. If it doesn't provide any positive results on the commuter car I will probably end up installing the plasma booster on my already MSD equipped hot rod. Cheers.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009