Is Esdon still the "King of Smoke"? April 04, 2012 02:52PM
Who is the king of smoke now? Is it Esdon (like Richard Petty, with all the wins and titles), or is it Shramek (is it 3 in a row, like a pulling version of Jimmie Johnson)?

Re: Is Esdon still the "King of Smoke"? April 04, 2012 06:25PM
Yes he still is the King of smoke, Esdon has like 11 GN Championships. I see he is back to two Heavy DSS this summer. Looks like a good summer and alot less mosquitoes around. 3 in a row? Thats a good start.

Re: Is Esdon still the "King of Smoke"? April 04, 2012 07:30PM
It's kind of hard for me to say--especially when you look at it this way. UCLA has won the most basketball championships in NCAA history, but what have they done lately? Would you call them the Kings of NCAAB? I would venture to say no.

As a related sidenote, I'm sad to see that he's running the Lite tractor in the heavy class. Though I can definitely see why he's doing it.

Re: Is Esdon still the "King of Smoke"? April 05, 2012 12:26AM
First, I am knocking either man, as each has contributed much to the sport we love.
Esdon has run hard to earn those 11 championships and he still does run hard.
Brian also always runs hard. Remember the '11 Chapel Hill pulloff - barely needed to bump the sled but with the sportsman that he is, Brian gave Young Blood another 'whipping' on the track - what a crowd pleaser.
Remember, Brian is about 18 years younger than Esdon, has won 5 consecutive championships in the 6 years pulling NTPA versus 34 years pulling NTPA for Esdon.
Just food for thought.
Please be respectful in any replies.

Re: Is Esdon still the "King of Smoke"? April 05, 2012 01:37AM
Both Esdon and Brain are great pullers with many titles. Esdon will always be the king of smoke in my mind. What Brain has done is also great 5 GN titles in DSS and 2 GN titles in PRO's. 7 Gn titles in 6 years in 2 weight classes. Esdons 11 Gn tiltes in multiple weight classes running all over the country in the old days against some of the greatest supers that there will ever be (thompson,bergs,dean,simpson,and so on). Not to shabby. I think both of them will have a place in the Hall Of Fame.

Re: Is Esdon still the "King of Smoke"? April 05, 2012 03:18AM
Richard Petty will always be the KING of NASCAR
Elvis Presley will always be the KING of rock and roll
Bob Wills will always be the KING of country swing
Esdon Lehn will always be the KING of smoke
Sports teams will always be irrelavant for ANY discussion.

Re: Is Esdon still the "King of Smoke"? April 05, 2012 03:26AM
I'll put a write-in vote for Joe Telaak , he may not have the accomplishments of Esdon or Brian but he has longevity in the seat!

Re: Is Esdon still the "King of Smoke"? April 05, 2012 07:30AM
Can tractor pullers please get off this kick of everyone who doesnt own or pull a tractor is stupid. We need the fans of the sport to keep it going. They are allowed to have their opinions, right or wrong, and we should all appreciate people talking about the sport.

Re: Is Esdon still the "King of Smoke"? April 05, 2012 07:56AM
The sport needs fans indeed, however, they don't need uneducated fans of the sport blowing off at the mouth on the internet. They can have their opinion, but if it makes no sense, or is straight up stupid, keep it to yourself.

I agree with one of the earlier posts. It's hard to compare a puller to a sports team. Comparing them to a person or another motorsports is more apples to apples.

Re: Is Esdon still the "King of Smoke"? April 05, 2012 12:48PM
Both are great pullers and make the sport more fun to watch. I would bet they both have nothing but good things to say about the other. I can say I have really enjoyed watching Esdon compete in the light class. In 2010 watched both of his diesels stomp the rest of the class at Sanwich Il evening pull made my week

Re: Is Esdon still the "King of Smoke"? April 05, 2012 01:36PM
just my opinion and i dont care what people say esden and robbie russell have forgot more about tractor pulling than brian will know for a long time just my thoughts yes robbie gave it up too raise his family but he got several tractors on the track

Re: Is Esdon still the "King of Smoke"? April 06, 2012 03:27AM
I AGREE

Re: Is Esdon still the "King of Smoke"? April 06, 2012 10:51AM
I don't know who is the king of smoke, but I do know one thing for sure "Man I wish it would rain" up here in Northwest Iowa

Re: Is Esdon still the "King of Smoke"? April 06, 2012 01:02PM
Esdon has backed up to the sled more feet than anybody else has pulled it forward.....Now thats funny, and true

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,954, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,037.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009