Aluminum wheels April 27, 2012 03:23AM
I just received my 20X38 Midwest aluminum wheels. This is my first set and they come without the Schraeder valve hole. Approximatly how far from the bead of the rim should I drill the hole for the tube valve. Do I use a standard ag. tube or is there a better option? I don't want to run them tubeless if possible.

Re: Aluminum wheels April 27, 2012 09:00AM
Either check out a stock rim and put the hole according to that, or if no rim to check, blow up the tube and carefully measure/estimate where you need to put the hole. Be sure to make the hole big enough, and deburr the inside where the tube goes against the hole. Good luck.

Re: Aluminum wheels April 27, 2012 04:40PM
You will have to put something in the void to make the tube set up flat or it will pull the stem off the tube. A tube isn't made to expand that much. We have used Great Stuff to build up the V-part of the rim so the tube will lay in there flat. Seems to work very well.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,758, Posts: 229,915, Members: 3,336.
This forum: Topics: 37,093, Posts: 226,014.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM