ESP Langford, NY May 02, 2012 02:01PM
will this be Co-Sanctioned with NYTPA?

How does the entry fee go with this one?

Re: ESP Langford, NY May 02, 2012 02:45PM
Mark, i think you need to relax if you don't like what they are doing in esp then don't go, if you don't have any problems with it then show up and pull, or just call up and ask the questions, i am sure they will answer any questions you have. Like everybody always says in pulling if you can't afford to pay you better stay home and not play! I think nytpa members should have to pay for a esp license or one day hook fee to be fare, if esp guys have to have buy a ppl license. Has anybody ever thought that maybe nytpa should fellow suit with esp? just a question. There will still be just as many pulls and people pulling with out ppl or ntpa, the people and tractors are what make the pulls not the organization behind it, and what does the point money mean anyways when everybody has 100k plus in there tractors and fuel is $5 a gallon to haul them around, none of us are in it for the money but the fun of the sport. lets just all have some fun and go pulling.

Re: ESP Langford, NY May 03, 2012 10:39AM
Why should Mark relax for just asking a question ? The Hayes family has been pulling thru the good times and bad and in my opinion should be able to ask a simple question,and I for one dont quite understand the logic behind why if its co-sanctioned why an NYTPA member would have to buy a membership or license to pull at one ? I hope ESP does well with there decision. Jody Dennison

Re: ESP Langford, NY May 03, 2012 11:44AM
First off I hope this is the right decision for ESP. But there's a lot of questions surrounding this decision. I think it's a pretty drastic decision when the season is just a few weeks away. As far as Mark, maybe it's not an issue of liking or not liking but more of not knowing what they are doing. These are questions/concerns that should have been addressed or asked prior to making a decision to leave PPL. ESP should not have any problems addressing any questions/concerns.

I'm not sure how you can criticize a puller for trying to protect their $100K investment. Why wouldn't you be concerned about the point money? That money is a nice benefit at the end of the season. If everyone's in it for the fun of the sport then I guess there's no need for point funds or event purses. The Hayes family has supported ESP for a number of years and hooks at a number of ESP events every year. looking at the schedule maybe they were thinking of pulling for points this year. It looks to me they may have been able to make the 2/3 requirement.

There will still be as many pulls? How many ESP events were scheduled in 2011? How many in 2012?

The co-sanctioned event at Langford is an intersting issue.

Seems to me like the fans may lose out at some ESP events with not seeing a couple extra tractors they may have seen if not for ESP leaving PPL.

Good Luck

Re: ESP Langford, NY May 06, 2012 02:36PM
ALL, in regards to the pull in Langford we are hoping for a resolution and decision for this unique situation. Once there are answers, pullers and fans will be made aware. The only thing we can say is that the Langford-New Oregon fire dept.(www.downhomecountryweekend.com) will continue to the push to be the premier event for tractor pulling in WNY. The season is looking great this year for the WNY Pro-Farm Pullers and we are looking forward to their show in Langford. Hopefully in short time issues will be ironed out and everyone can look forward to a good season from NYTPA and ESP

Re: ESP Langford, NY May 07, 2012 05:45AM
I certainly hope that langford is co sanctioned because it will be a awful short show if its just esp. the show would be done before the bbq chicken is!!

Re: ESP Langford, NY May 07, 2012 06:41AM
with out nytpa langford would be short,are you kidding?
2011 results show 24 nytpa tractors out of a total of 73 hooks for the day. not many nytpa tractors traveled. with there schedule the week of langford you'll be lucky if those 24 all make it again.
sf 18
lss 12
twd 10
mod 13
hss 20

Re: ESP Langford, NY May 07, 2012 09:54AM
if you are just depending on esp pullers than yes it will be a short show for sure honestly the numbers are getting slim in there. especially if you take lets say all the superfarms out of the heavy super class . they need to do something to draw bigger numbers of pullers and thats getting hard to do now days. JUST MY OPINION

Re: ESP Langford, NY May 07, 2012 09:55AM
Kind of hard to include the LSS class in your numbers when they do not have a LSS class in NYTPA.

Re: ESP Langford, NY May 07, 2012 10:34AM
The facts are, there were only 10 vehicles 1twd ,2 mods , 6supers that showed at Langford in 2011 the rest pull with ESP ocasionaly anyway . Check the results

Re: ESP Langford, NY May 07, 2012 10:39AM
i was giving the nytpa tractors that pull with esp the benefit of doubt. my point was exactly what you state. not many traveled. my bet is even less will this year with the week they have leading up to langford.some of those guys have 8-10 hours travel time one way/

Re: ESP Langford, NY May 07, 2012 12:33PM
HOLY BIG WHEELS BAT MAN!!!! IS LANGFORD A NYTPA HOSTED EVENT????

Re: ESP Langford, NY May 07, 2012 01:07PM
All I'm saying is by including the LSS class your numbers are blown up. As was said before a lot of the NYTPA guys probably will not make the trip....for the supers it's 10 hooks in 11 days. That's a lot to ask......

Re: ESP Langford, NY May 08, 2012 08:33AM
LOOKS LIKE NO NYTPA TRACTORS AT LANGFORD THIS YEAR.

THAT WOULD TAKE OUT 15 TO 20 TRACTORS.

Re: ESP Langford, NY May 08, 2012 12:36PM
I posted these totals in another thread. These include Langford for both organizations. Looking at number of events and number of hooks I have to guess there are more ESP pullers looking to find their way east to increase their hooks, than easterners who need to go west to get more hooks.

From each respective web site ESP/ NYTPA Currently Scheduled Hooks For Points Each Organization In 2012-

ESP- (14 Point Events)
Super Farm Hooks- 11
Two Wheel Drive Trucks Hooks- 10
Modified Tractor Hooks- 14
Heavy Super Stock Hooks- 14
Light Super Stock Hooks- 10

NYTPA- (29 Point Events)
Super Farm Hooks- 11
Two Wheel Drive Trucks Hooks- 17
Modified Tractor Hooks- 20
Heavy Super Stock Hooks- 25

Re: ESP Langford, NY May 09, 2012 01:46AM
i think that it would be great if the leader of everman state pullers would shine some light in this matter. i am sure that their has been some type of talk with buck and (esp). after all i think that dansville has been getting alot of rain so, i am sure henry has the time. can't wait to hear from the fearless leader

Re: ESP Langford, NY May 09, 2012 06:00AM
just my oppinion, but it seems convienant for nameless individuals to try and stir the $h!t on here. any members of either organization know henry and have his number, they can talk to him man to man. as for you, have fun trying to make a $h!t sandwich, then feed it to the other nameless crybabies on here. as a board member of esp, i can tell you the concerns of langford/ esp/nytpa are being worked on diligently by all and we hope to have a resolution soon. so stay tuned, when true info is available it will be posted by someone with a name and a spine to go with it. for those of you that dont know me.steve meyer, all or nothin pulling team, superfarm, esp. feel free to call me man to man.

Re: ESP Langford, NY May 09, 2012 10:33AM
Steve,

I'm just a fan but does PPL/Lucas Oil have an issue with co-sanctioned events with ESP and NYTPA? I find it hard to believe PPL would want to advertise their products at an ESP run event with them not being a member. Seems there may be a number of issues that have to be dealt with......hope it works out because it seems like the fans may be the ones who lose out.

Re: ESP Langford, NY May 11, 2012 11:53PM
I would think it would be like having PPL and NTPA on the same track.

I guess if there is enough $$$$ that may happen but I think you would be talking $$$$$$$ to do this.

Re: ESP Langford, NY May 12, 2012 12:41PM
Well, I'll try this again. I can read the stupid spam codes but it will bump me out!
Scott, ppl has absolutely no problem promoting there wares wherever they can, regardless of whose sanctioned event it is out here. ppl knows how to secure sponsors and promote them. ppl, in my view, has no problem stepping on other sanctioning organizations, but by gosh, ppl sure has a problem if a major competing sanctioning body supposedly infringes on so called ppl territory. That will even be a puller's tractor with all the ntpa and there sponsors decals on the tractor or truck. Well, you have to cover that all up and they make certain all the ppl decals are affixed to my rig to be allowed to hook to the sled, even if it is the only hook I'll ever make.
So I see no reason why ppl would not be happy to grab some free advertising at esp even if they are no longer affilited.
But, that arises the question why esp is the only one that bowed out of the ppl 'osha' requirement. I don't get it. What am I missing?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,678, Posts: 229,780, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason