Old fuel in pump???? May 27, 2012 08:06AM
Getting out our pulling tractor , been sitting for two years. P pump injection, my question is is the pump okay with old fuel or will there be potential problems. ??

Re: Old fuel in pump???? May 27, 2012 10:05AM
Yes you could have issues and you may not. The old fuel could have formed a residue on the internal components that could cause excess friction in places with tight tolerances.

Only way to be 100% is have a pump guy run through it clean it and run it on the bench.

But over the years I am sure their are a lot of pumps that have been bought and sold that sat for a long time and then were sent right to the track.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Re: Old fuel in pump???? May 27, 2012 01:26PM
Okay thanks think I will just run it. Got concerned when a neighbor said he has problems with a 400 cummins that sat for awhile. some sort of corrosion in the pump, maybe got some water in the fuel .

Also do you sell rpm data loggers and what do you reccommend for a diesel prostock. Need 6 egt

Re: Old fuel in pump???? May 27, 2012 01:46PM
Are you wanting to record any other feedback or just something for 6 egts?

And usually what I have found in a situation like what your talking about with your pump, is that preventative maintenance usually saves you money in the long run.

One stuck plunger can cost 700+ to fix depending on the pump, but a shop may charge 300-500 to clean and calibrate it right now. Since it is a p pump you would have more options on places that can look at it.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2012 01:52PM by AV.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,758, Posts: 229,917, Members: 3,336.
This forum: Topics: 37,093, Posts: 226,016.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM