IH Paints June 01, 2012 04:22PM
I want to paint my 1066. I know it has been asked before about paint codes and brands. As far as IH paint is it all 2150? I want a good shinny durable paint. What do you think about Valspar resteration? Case IH? Napa? PPG? How about Dupont Imron? Did 5488s have a darker red? I have a friend that painted with Imron and it looks a little pink. I think he said 2150 crosses to 7130 and 7410 on different brands and one was LaFrance fire trucks red? I don't know much about painting, but I want to do it myself and start learning.

Re: IH Paints June 01, 2012 05:42PM
if you are going to try to stay with single stage i would just go get ur case ih paint with the right primer, reducers and hardners to go with it. Or if you no of any body shops or automotive paint dealers you can see if they can match the case ih red and you could always base/clear it if you are comfortable doing that. if it was mine i would base clear it. more durable. stays shinny and dont fade and easy to buff. if you plan on keeping it for a while you will probably be money ahead in the long run. on my tractor being i paint for a living i sprayed the chassis and cage with single stage implement paint and base/ cleared all the tin on it cause i could match it myself.

Re: IH Paints June 02, 2012 01:38AM
as of right now i think you can only get the one red from caseih,and valspar makes it for caseih,but the red at tractor supply does not match. i have painted tractors using caseih red and i really like there red oxide primer.the only problem you will have is finding a good spray gun for oil base enamels,becase there paint is a high viscosity.you'r local parts or home improvement store won't carry that type of gun.if you use caseih red get a spray gun that does a good job let the paint dry for about 2 weeks too a month then wet sand with 2000 grit or higher then buff the paint you will have a deep shine you'll really like. i use 3m products.remember to mix it like the can says,a lot of people will tell you to thin it more or more harder. the problem is they don't have the right spray gun so they dilute the paint to make it work for the gun they have.i've been down that road till i talked to dupont, valspar and others like devilbiss sharpe and now with the right gun i have no more problems.

Re: IH Paints June 02, 2012 02:58AM
Imron is the best but most exspensive too, I have the paint code that matches 2150. Valspar is good but not quite the quality imron, their number is 2150 also. The most economical way is to use IH paint,color sand between coats and clear it, sanding with 2000 then clear again and then sand and buff. That will give a very nice deep flat paint finish

Re: IH Paints June 02, 2012 03:22AM
I like Dupont Centari IF you can find it. Whoever is your Dupont dealer can probably order it. Don't let them talk you into Nason. It will not spray like Centari and it will seem like the IH 2150 in that it will never dry. I'll try to get the code for you later. If you go that route, do just what others have told you with it also but I will add and please do this, WHERE A DUAL CARTRIDGE RESPERATOR WHILE SPRAYING. A friend of mine was spraying a Model T Ford with a dust mask. It made him real sick for a long time.

Centari paint code for IH June 02, 2012 04:59AM
7410 A

Re: IH Paints June 03, 2012 03:10AM
here is a link to Rod of NH paint code lists that he's put together. [personalpages.tds.net]

having trouble with the picture size on my 856, I painted it with PPG's Concept 71310 I'll try taking a few more pics later today

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,776, Posts: 229,946, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,032.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009