why do you remove threads August 14, 2012 08:52AM
Jake just curios why do threads get removed, you stat that this is for anyone to post opinions, rants, or raves but there has been a thread on here for several days with peoples opinions and rants, and now it has been removed all together, would just like to see it be fair for all good or bad

Re: why do you remove threads August 14, 2012 11:44AM
Richard and Jake Morgan remove ANY thread or post that they disagree with. If they say different they are liars. And money says they remove this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: why do you remove threads August 14, 2012 12:08PM
First, let me say that I'm not sure what thread you are speaking about (I haven't deleted any threads lately) so I can't speak specifically about why the specific thread was deleted. This response will be a little generic regarding why a post or a thread gets deleted.

Let's start with posts, if they are posted anonymously and they violate the feedback page rules they will be deleted. The rules have been in place for over a decade and we do our best to be consistent.

Now to a thread, if the thread is started with a post that violates the rules then it will get deleted. Occasionally an initial post on a thread thread will not violate the rules but the thread will still get deleted. This usually happens when the thread is considered by one of the moderators to elicit too many negative responses. There are certain topics that seem to be lightning rods that draw the idiots out to make their childish comments. If a moderator deems that a topic is creating too many problems then the moderator may choose to delete the topic. A topic may also get deleted if I receive an email about the topic and I deem the topic unproductive to the sport or the page.

You may have noticed that I mentioned moderators… yes the plural form of the word. There are multiple moderators that help me out with the page; actually there are ten (10) other people who help me with the page. If you factor in myself that make for 11 different people who have the ability to moderate posts and threads. This page is active around the clock and I can't be sitting in front of my computer 24/7, thankfully, there are some great people whom I trust to make intelligent decisions about a post or a thread.

Even though I have complete confidence in these people, we still all have slightly different opinions on posts and interpreting the rules. Most of the time if a thread or post is questionable they leave it and let me decided. Occasionally something gets deleted and it shouldn't have been, we all make mistakes and if it's a productive post I encourage people to email me and then restart the thread and I'll make sure that the moderators leave the thread (as long as people can behave).

I'm extremely pleased with the great work and the consistence of my moderators. I think they do an outstanding job. I'm very thankful for those who have volunteered to help with the page.

The easiest way to make sure you don't get deleted: post your name. I'm actually fine with negative comments, I think they're a very useful feedback tool for this sport, but I'm not fine with people doing it anonymously. If a builder shafts you then please feel free to share your experience, just post your name. If an organization let's cheating slide then I encourage you to share your side of the story, just make sure you post your name.

We're by no means perfect, but we do our best to keep the page as consistent as possible.

I hope this help clear up some questions.

To "Puller 2000", this page has grown much much bigger than the Jake and Richard page, i'm just the idiot that runs it and pays the monthly bill. This page is possible because of the excellent participation of thousands of pullers and fans and some really great moderators.

Thanks to the moderators, and all the people who post useful information and questions.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: why do you remove threads August 15, 2012 03:37AM
Puller 2000
Richard and Jake Morgan remove ANY thread or post that they disagree with. If they say different they are liars. And money says they remove this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Start you own forum if you dont like it here...If I ran this place I probably wouldnt put up with as much stuff as they do..

Re: why do you remove threads August 14, 2012 12:37PM
It boils down to reading the guidelines and asking yourself "is it worth my time to say something if I know it doesnt follow the guidelines?"

I delete stuff, maybe a couple-three times a week, and I get requests to delete stuff (which is fine)---and only delete those things that dont pass the sniff test Jake has given the moderators to work by.

As a side comment here, I am surprised at the number of folks who post a comment and then put one up right after it to either back up their point or add fuel to the fire in another way. We know this because WE SEE YOUR IP ADDRESS, and given the right clues WE CAN FIGURE OUT WHO YOU ARE. I made a commitment a long time ago to post under my name at all times, because I figure if its worth the time to comment its worth the effort to let people know who made the comment exactly. Short version and not to sound crass: I mean what I say, and say what I mean.

Do I find it alright to not use your real name or a name thats registered? For some stuff yes. Genuine questions about technical stuff, or a question about an event, or just a random thought that isn't slanderous, run with it folks.

However when a comment is made towards someone and their business or their actions on the track, be of strong enough will to let us know who you are. If I have a problem with someone they,re either gonna get a phone call or a face-to-face visit to work it out...this place is a last place resort to me when settling a problem.

Last thing and I'll quit typing. I follow a regional sports journalist here in the MidSouth and read his blogs/articles/etc. Because of his distaste for a couple particular teams, he catches flak pretty hard from forum users to the point it's on the edge of a threat of a whuppin'. He had a get-together at a sports event and requested folks wear their real names and their user names with it. So all these guys show up at the event, tell him how much they LOVE him and his work...same guys who talk smack on the computer. Leaves you to wonder.

One Mo' day in MO, and then BG and some Michigan pulling....pulling season is very much still in overdrive.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: why do you remove threads August 15, 2012 12:35AM
Neither one of you 2 need to address that question by someone who still chooses not to use a name to ask you. I scrolled through and seen that a certain thread was gone. I removed a couple of posts in the thread myself but now see everything is removed and probably for the better. One person's opinion of something doesn't always bode well with another. If you want to call someone (organization) out, be prepared to stand up for yourself or be removed.

J R
Eastern Extreme Pulling
www.easternextremepulling.com
EEPPULLINGVIDEOS

Pro Pulling Magazine
Hook Magazine

Re: why do you remove threads August 15, 2012 02:17AM
Then why is my name and organization mud all over a page by a bunch of nameless people that choose to hide behind a keyboard? Me or my organization has wronged anyone.

Re: why do you remove threads August 15, 2012 12:53PM
I am not always on here but I did remove a couple recent posts that are being questioned originally in this thread. I am not familiar with Sled Sports therefore I don't know what thread you are referring to.

J R
Eastern Extreme Pulling
www.easternextremepulling.com
EEPPULLINGVIDEOS

Pro Pulling Magazine
Hook Magazine

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,712, Posts: 229,820, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,961.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro