rack and pinion steering application March 21, 2012 02:40AM
Is there a universal rack and pinion setup on the market. I am building a custom solid front axle for a ford and was wondering what rack and pinion setup would work best for me. If anyone knows of a universal fit r&p or one off of a automotive application that would work please let me know. Thanks

Re: rack and pinion steering application March 21, 2012 07:56AM
To be honest summit or jegs sells a manual rack and pinion for the ford mustang two for right around 200 dollars chromed or (189) not , we just built one for a smaller tractor using one and it seems to work great but i don't know how heavy your tractor is but it turns our 6500 pound tractor pretty nicely and has a fair amount of travel. also pretty easy to mount.

Re: rack and pinion steering application March 21, 2012 10:39AM
Speedway sells a mustang/pinto II rack for 130...I think jegs has the same one at the same price.

Re: rack and pinion steering application -hey junkyfarmboy October 01, 2012 06:36AM
Have any luck finding a rack & pinion? Thanks

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009