Old Empire Express October 16, 2012 03:04AM
Is the tractor in this You Tube clip the Empire Express that the Durfee's owned and was missing this past year in NY? It looks just like the same tractor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2012 01:49PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Old Empire Express October 31, 2012 02:10PM
Yes that is the tractor the durfees owned........I could pick it out from new here my grandfather built that many years ago!!!

Re: Old Empire Express November 01, 2012 04:56PM
I thought it looked too much like "Empire Express" for there to be 2 tractors so similar. Story was the Durfees recovered it in Vermont and put a lot of work into it to get it on the track after years of setting idle. How far back does the tractor go?

Re: Old Empire Express November 20, 2012 04:51AM
Im pretty sure my grandfather built that back in the 80's i think he got it with one turbine on it and then rebuilt the whole tractor and added the second turbine one it when the durfees bought it and started pulling with it it was the first time it had ever been down the track full power pulling a sled.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009