Farm Show Prediction Recap/ Selection comments November 28, 2012 07:36AM
I have posted a reflection on the predictions I posted and the list of competitors the committee selected. Thanks as always for supporting the blog! What were your thoughts on the lists?

Miles Krieger

My Blog:
Miles Beyond 300
[www.facebook.com]
milesbeyond300@gmail

Re: Farm Show Prediction Recap/ Selection comments November 28, 2012 08:15AM
Miles;
As always I enjoy your care and precise analysis of pulling, and once again I have to agree that some of the selections does make me wonder. Having said that I am not privy to everyone that applied to the NFMS.

And I’m not sure that I agree with the one driver -one vehicle rule, all’s that really does is deny the fans a chance to watch the best of the best in every class. More and more, pulling has become a 2 or 3 vehicle approach to the sport and as we all know winning teams have multiple winning vehicles. So to deny a puller two entries on the sole reason that we can only have one driver per event appears somewhat short sighted. As the NFMS pull is an invitational event the committee can invite who and how many they want from any team.

I am really never to surprised by who’s in and who’s not, however this year is a bit of a mystery to me, the one glaring entry [really two] is the Toy’s from the Roberts Pulling Team, having only hooked the tractors one or two times all summer. It makes me wonder one of three possible things. The class had so few entries that they decided to over look that lack of hooks this summer, or that Larry and Co. will show up with two V8 and slam into the sands, and three am not really sure why.

Having said all that the NFMS is one of the top events in the world, indoor or out, great pulling, well run shows, tons of excitement and good announcing, [they really need a third announcer for starting line and rumor gathering. So once again I am looking forward to the 2013 NFMS.
Link to the 2013 NFMS drivers list

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Farm Show Prediction Recap/ Selection comments November 28, 2012 09:43AM
Dick

There are several examples of competitors who did not run a full circuit or much of any that were accepted into the show. I guess the real question is do the people who did not run much bring added value to the event? I will reference a few examples where I feel tremendous benefit can be brought to the show from someone who did not run over the summer. In 2012, the Blagrave's built a brand new tractor and simply weren't able to be out much until the later stages in the season. There are not as many Diesel Super's out there and I think the Blagrave Family bring something to the show. The Siefert's have run a partial schedule over the last few years but they are an added presence for John Deere fans every year in Louisville. As was mentioned Wayne Purser was not out much in 2012, but I would almost bank on the idea that he will find his way to the top 6 on Wednesday night. As a finalist last year, I believe he earned the right to be back!

Allen Legrand purchased one of the John Deere tractors from the Justison Family in Illinois. Legrand did not hook the tractor to my knowledge in 2012 but that John Deere has been a proven performer over the last few years with David driving throughout the state of Illinois and at the NFMS.

I have observed the Light Super Stock class probably most since the list was released yesterday. I have still been baffled that Todd Maedge did not make the cut, but the field is very solid. The class has a good mix of color and should be quite thrilling on Saturday afternoon. In this class is another example, as Larry Phillips is in with Extremely Insane. Larry being from Vine Grove, Kentucky, brings a tremendous following with him to the show, he is a great ambassador across the country for the class and will be ready to perform on February 16th. Did Extremely Insane earn the right to make the field? I don't know as Larry only ran the tractor a few times after getting it back from New York but the truth is Extremely Insane is one of the tougher tractors in the country and it has a very capable driver in the seat!

With the Roberts Team, they have been so successful over the years that I feel their reputation leads them back to the list. One of the tractors was a finalist last year, and the idea of only one toy being accepted wasn't something I thought would happen. In truth, I thought all three would be there!

Just wanted to elaborate on your thoughts for a bit Mr. Morgan! I am very excited to welcome February and another five sessions of exciting pulling in Louisville!

Miles Krieger

My Blog:
Miles Beyond 300
[www.facebook.com]
milesbeyond300@gmail

Re: Farm Show Prediction Recap/ Selection comments November 28, 2012 08:45AM
Wayne Purser is in and he didnt pull any this year, but a good choice just like Roberts. Both past champions at Louisville and good stuff.

Re: Farm Show Prediction Recap/ Selection comments November 28, 2012 09:00AM
Wayne had a 2nd and a 5th place finish at Bowling Green this year.

Re: Farm Show Prediction Recap/ Selection comments November 28, 2012 10:23AM
Miles,

Allen Legrand pulled the tractor atleast 3 times that I'm aware of. He finished in the top 3 at all the events I attended. He had a win, a 2nd and a 3rd place finish. The tractor he purchased has made the finals the last 2 years in Louisville, it has proven itself to be very capable of playing in the sandpile. This is probably a big reason he was invited.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,955, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,038.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009