Who welds in larger sleeves? December 07, 2012 09:31PM
I have heard it has been done, taking a parent bore block and boring it out to the point that there is no bore left. Then taking a larger sleeve or the new bore if you will, and welding it into the block. I am looking for someone who has done it or does it on a regular basis? Would like to discuss the options. Thanks all

Re: Who welds in larger sleeves? December 08, 2012 04:30AM
I have heard of guys welding the old sleeves to shrink them and pull them out and freezing new ones to put them back in but never heard much about what your talking about.

Re: Who welds in larger sleeves? December 08, 2012 05:21AM
Yea that's typically on a dry liner block I've done that before

Re: Who welds in larger sleeves? December 08, 2012 07:14AM
I saw an oliver block done that way before. Someone had welded the bottom and the top of the sleeves in then resurfaced the block. Pressure tested the block and found leaks. Filled the bottom inch of the water jacket with hard block that took care of it.

Re: Who welds in larger sleeves? December 08, 2012 08:13AM
Any leads where it may have been done?

Re: Who welds in larger sleeves? December 09, 2012 02:39AM
it's real common in the antique pulling world, they do it to get the massive cubic inches out of those small motors.

Re: Who welds in larger sleeves? December 09, 2012 03:56AM
That's kind of what I thought, any idea who does it though?

Re: Who welds in larger sleeves? December 14, 2012 05:24PM
Gary Baker,out of Michigan, can probably help you.Sorry I don't have any contact info at this time.I'm in the house and his number is out in the shop.I will try to post it tomorrow.

Re: Who welds in larger sleeves? December 14, 2012 09:45PM
Thank you I really appreciate it

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,629, Posts: 229,692, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,900.

Our newest member JD_8520