The Hook magazine December 27, 2012 08:20AM
Just got my Jan/Feb issue in the mail and there are a couple things that I really enjoyed. First is the overall professionalism of the magazine. I don’t get any other magazine that uses the high quality paper that the Hook uses. That coupled with the crystal clear photo’s and great articles make for very enjoyable reading.

However the thing I really enjoyed was the editorial that Bryan wrote paying tribute to his wife Deanna. Nice to see a guy take the time to put into words what’s really important and what makes the long hours and countless miles worthwhile. Nicely done!

Another magazine that every puller should get is the Full Pull magazine; Jen and Charlie have done a great job keeping up the high standards Photo Joe and Carol always strived for.

Link to the Hook magazine

Link to the Full Pull magazine

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: The Hook magazine December 28, 2012 05:59AM
Dick I appreciate the kind words. Fact is that a lot of us have family who are either a) just as involved as we are in pulling or b) respect our passion for the sport or c) don't like pulling at all. Deanna falls into the (b) category, as her schedule as a teacher (she also teaches during the summer also) doesn't lend well to running the roads with me 40-plus weekends a year. She goes when she can, and we've been able to make some nice trips this past year that not only found us on a pulling track but also in some decent company, especially a trip to visit some mule-headed Yankees in New York Winking Bottom line you can't do this stuff alone; I'm blessed with a tremendous support system and Deanna is at the top of that list.

On January 8th, go check out your local TSC/Tractor Supply Store, The HOOK will be in over 300 stores across the country. If you're not a subscriber I invite you to check out this issue, it's 80 pages of pulling from all over the nation.

In the coming months we're looking at some dramatic changes with the magazine that will make it truly a document that every sort of puller will find value in. I've not been on here much lately because of the work related to those changes, but thanks to Jake and Dick for the board and the ability to reach the pulling public. Hope everyone has a great New Year, come out to Gordyville if you can, and when you get there make sure to take a chance on winning the Cope tractor or the $1000!

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,957, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,040.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009