Ellsworth Wi June 8 region 3 April 10, 2013 07:08AM
Folks we are less than 2 months away from the 9th annual Ellsworth FFA Alumni "Showdown In Curdtown" NTPA region 3 truck and tractor pull on June 8 at 7:00pm at the Pierce County Fairgrounds in Ellsworth!

Classes will include heavy diesel super stock, two wheel drive, limited pro stock, minis, light pro stock, super farm, and light super stock.

We WILL be running 2 tracks this year...... Sleds are X-Factor and Iron Horse

Admission will be $15 adults and $10 for 14 and younger

We will again have the mobile scoreboard in place for replays

Tickets will go on sale at 4:30pm and gates opening at 5:00pm

We are looking forward to a good turnout with competitors and spectators. I expect to have a few exhibition pulls in the semis and grand national mods from interested parties who have contacted myself wondering if it would be ok if they could get a pass on their vehicles before Hutchenson. We will also have expanded seating across the track this year.

Questions can be directed here or feel free to contact me at 612-802-4447

Re: Ellsworth Wi June 8 region 3 April 10, 2013 09:06AM
Didn't see where you listed PSD 4x4, Its listed on NTPA's schedule as running the 3.0 class.

Re: Ellsworth Wi June 8 region 3 April 10, 2013 10:41AM
Yes we did have diesel 4x4 booked and still wish we could but a majority of those trucks r going to pull in Indianapolis that day that was booked after we booked our classes....... We were working closely with a couple of local trucks and thought we were going to have a great turnout with some coming from the southeast part of the country but this thing in Indy has made numbers in the class almost none. Really tough to ask a sanction to add a class and then choose not to support it when offered.

Re: Ellsworth Wi June 8 region 3 April 10, 2013 10:48AM
Farmall forever........ I'm super excited about the diesel SS. We had 14-16 there last year and if everyone is together and ready to go and a couple of GN participants I could see a class of 25! All of the stars are going to have to align but it is possible

Re: Ellsworth Wi June 8 region 3 April 10, 2013 09:12AM
Doug looks like you have a really good line up. I think i am going to try and make a road trip from St cloud MN and try some cheese curdsGrinningBeer

Re: Ellsworth Wi June 8 region 3 April 10, 2013 10:59AM
Doug,
I hope you have a great pull, but where are you coming up with 25 diesel SS in reg. 3?? I have a hard time coming up with 15..
I ould see that many SuperFarm, even closer to 30, but not SS.
Good luck this year, I hope the rain stays away.

Re: Ellsworth Wi June 8 region 3 April 10, 2013 12:06PM
Didn't say they were all region 3....... Had some outlaw last year and no conflict with them again...... Being early has its advantages! Think about the tractors around the Midwest and basically being the first hook of the year..... I'm not saying it will happen but it very well could

Re: Ellsworth Wi June 8 region 3 April 11, 2013 09:58AM
There were 12 tractors in the DSS class last year, 9 DSS's and 3 single turbo tractors. I could see 15 tractors for 2013 but not 25 (only 17 at Tomah). Was a great show last year, only wish they ran DSS class first to see the smoke in the daylight.

Re: Ellsworth Wi June 8 region 3 April 11, 2013 10:59AM
Yes I miscounted by not taking out the single charger tractors. As I stated before and will say again..... With the right scenario there are enough tractors in a 4-6 hour area ABLE to participate in the class. I have compiled a list of which people listed were at our show last year, have expressed interest to myself or a fellow participant in attending, or have chosen to build new, add too, or return a competition vehicle to the class. At NO point has anyone listed said yes I will be there..... There are many many factors still to be considered including: weather as most are farmers, completion of planting and or harvesting first cut, parts, vehicle completion, etc

Here is my list of potential tractors:

1. Bruce Barfknecht
2. Randy Becker
3. Pete McGiffin
4 & 5 Eugine Williams
6. Tyler Bechman
7. Nick Dahl
8. Dave Hovden
9. Trevor Miller
10. Ryan Kelly
11. Dave Henderson
12. Adam Vaske
13. Guy Bleckinger
14. Degenhardts
15. Schlabach
16. Jason Schultz
17. Esdon Lehn
18. Jeff Demhers
19. Jeff Rose
20. Trevor Miller's new?
21. Ulmers

With our pull 1 week before and close to Hutch I have spoken with 3 additional GN tractors who have expressed intrest in attending to basically test.

So I have come up with 24 I myself have the ability to be there.

Again I am not saying this is the gospel and by no means am guaranteeing everyone will come but here is a list showing it is possible.... Take it as you wish. I will say it WILL be a good show with good numbers

Re: Ellsworth Wi June 8 region 3 April 11, 2013 11:16AM
And to add to your promotion Doug, Ellsworth will be the kick off for a sponsored Region 3 and 5 combination Points Race for the DSS! 2 Regions, 1 Winner!

Details to follow as all of the final details are turned in. This race will be separate from the NTPA points race but in conjunction with the Region 3 and 5 events.

That is all the info I have at this time but official announcement to follow and happy to be working with NTPA and region 3 and 5 promoters.

All DSS competitors will get a letter with the details as well.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Re: Ellsworth Wi June 8 region 3 April 11, 2013 03:39PM
If promoters had to rely on tractor guys to show up there would be no shows, guess them twd trucks you have to wait for aren't too bad after all. Take your head out of your ass so I can put my foot in it, thanks.

Re: Ellsworth Wi June 8 region 3 April 11, 2013 02:36PM
Any speculation on the light pros? Hear there is supposed to be quite a few new ones out

Re: Ellsworth Wi June 8 region 3 April 11, 2013 02:50PM
Probably be the same three as last year. The new class to watch this year in Curd Town will be the Lim-Pro class. If I were a betting man that class will draw in more tractors than lite. Should be a good night of smoke only have to wait on the 2wd.

Re: Ellsworth Wi June 8 region 3 April 11, 2013 02:55PM
Where is the like button Thumbs Up

Re: Ellsworth Wi June 8 region 3 April 11, 2013 03:51PM
Adam thanks for the effort you are putting forth to make this class better!

As to answer the question reguarding light pros...... From the numbers registered with the state (about 15) and talking with class competitors I would expect 10.

You may be right on the Lim Pro class...... Hearing of more and more all the time! I know of 3 red and 5 green for sure and I'm certainly sure there are more out there.

Re: Ellsworth Wi June 8 region 3 April 11, 2013 03:53PM
Who was there last year? and who are you expecting this year?

Re: Ellsworth Wi June 8 region 3 April 11, 2013 11:59PM
looks like a good pull no matter how you count up the tractors. I hope the weather is perfect. I hope the planting gets done and i hope the competitors back you up Doug. You defiantly have put the work into making things happen. As a fan I appreciate that and at this point would come support your pull even if it was only 1 tractor. I say better to be positive instead of being negative. It WILL be a great summer of pulling. GrinningBeer

Re: Ellsworth Wi June 8 region 3 April 12, 2013 12:15AM
Trevor Miller is building a new tractor? What about the d21? Is the new one orange? Him and his dad are great people in the pits to talk to. I for one hope its true !! Good luck Miller's this season

Re: Ellsworth Wi June 8 region 3 April 12, 2013 12:52AM
On behalf of the Ellsworth FFA Alumni I would like to thank everyone ( fans, sponsors, competitors, and volunteers) who support this event! All of the funds raised each year go toward Ag education throughout our county through scholarships, funding educational trips and improvements to facilities. I am not the only person working hard to make this the best it can be...... We feel it takes the same effort to have a good show vs. a show that people will talk about all season.

Reguarding the light pros...... Last year we had Kurt Afdahl, Jamie Tresmaine, and Draxlers. There are 2 orange, 3 blue, and 4 red that I know of.

Don't know enough about millers to say

Re: Ellsworth Wi June 8 region 3 April 22, 2013 01:44AM
One item I forgot on admission...... Kids 6 and under are free, 7-14 $10 and adults are $15. Enough with the snow and rain!!!!! Bring on spring!

Re: Ellsworth Wi June 8 region 3 April 25, 2013 01:41AM
rumor is miller and Shults paid for the limited pro class, so I am going to bet they will be there. Along with the rest of the Busch built iron. This class will be a good show.. These guys should have been able to pull last year. but weren't.

Re: Ellsworth Wi June 8 region 3 April 25, 2013 01:52AM
Millers tractor is a superstock. It has never been a pro since they owned it. It is a twin charger smaller cubed superstock

Re: Ellsworth Wi June 8 region 3 April 25, 2013 04:31AM
Wrong miller, I think he's referring to milk man miller

Re: Ellsworth Wi June 8 region 3 April 25, 2013 05:26AM
Is it Limited Pro or Light Pro? Doug, you have said both. But only Light Pro is in Wisconsin..

Thanks

Re: Ellsworth Wi June 8 region 3 April 25, 2013 05:33AM
They are having both light pro and limited pro.

Re: Ellsworth Wi June 8 region 3 April 25, 2013 07:37AM
We are having both classes..... Wi state light pro and region 3 limited pro..... I expect 8-10 in each class

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,957, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,040.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009