Venting crankcase pressure in exhaust June 22, 2013 03:00PM
Does anyone vent some of their crankcase pressure up your exhaust pipe?I am having trouble with pressure around the front of my motor. Anyone know who makes the one way check valves.

Thanks in advanceWinking

Re: Venting crankcase pressure in exhaust June 22, 2013 03:05PM
Google "moroso pan evac". Used them on my drag cars. Summit or Jegs should have them.

Re: Venting crankcase pressure in exhaust June 22, 2013 11:14PM
I am thinking the spectators might not appreciate the oil bath from the exhaust blowing oil in the air.
Ask Gambler about that, he did the ultimate job a few years ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2013 11:15PM by Policy Peddler.

Re: Venting crankcase pressure in exhaust June 23, 2013 06:08PM
I have seen a lot of oil go out the stack and have never seen any get near the spectators

Re: Venting crankcase pressure in exhaust June 27, 2013 10:33AM
You can plumb a catch tank between the crankcase and the check valve so the oil will settle out before the air reaches
the exhaust pipe. The check valves are available from any auto parts store. They were originally used in the smog pump
system on older cars. Moroso just puts together a convenient package and charges much more. You can make your
own tube to go in the exhaust elbow from a 1/2" pipe nipple.

I have my 3cyl pulling garden tractor setup this way. It has a filter where the hose comes out of the valve cover. That seems
to separate the oil out. All I ever get out of the catch tank is water (condensation).

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,687, Posts: 229,792, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,955.

Our newest member Jason