Outlaw pulling safety issues July 14, 2013 02:23AM
Wondering how many associations will let a puller pull a superfarm or similar tractor with busted steering. Last night in Rock Valley outlaws let a guy pull that had no steering pull. I personally didn't think that made a good statement for pulling safety. The smart a-- announcer said that they are "outlaws" and they can do what they want. That to I thought was a poor comment to make to the crowd. Personally I think the outlaw shows have gone down hill this year. All pullers look good and run good but no one is excited to keep the shows running in a timely matter.

Re: Outlaw pulling safety issues July 14, 2013 02:47AM
then dont go next year.

Re: Outlaw pulling safety issues July 14, 2013 03:14AM
Was great show.they steer tractor with their feet.You are reaching a bit don't you think to slam an association?

Re: Outlaw pulling safety issues July 14, 2013 03:40AM
No. I guess that I must want to keep my family sitting track side safer than you do. not all steering comes with the brakes on a 1300 hp tractor. they aren't light supers making 2000 plus that have enough power to carry the front evenly like the little new Holland does.

Re: Outlaw pulling safety issues July 14, 2013 04:16AM
It's ok to be concerned about safety, I guess I felt with the skids under the front axle, and the ability for the sled operator to pull the kill switch if need be it was going to be ok.

Re: Outlaw pulling safety issues July 14, 2013 08:19AM
Just for clarification, when the announcer said that he was not referring to allowing a tractor to be operated without steering, he was referring to allowing the sled to pull forward to retrieve a tractor that had lost its reverse gear and not able to back up to the sled which is not allowed according to the rules of other organizations, no problem there in my opinion the more hooks the better!

Re: Outlaw pulling safety issues July 16, 2013 09:03AM
If was up to my dad he would lock the steering wheel in place anyways.

Re: Virgils dream July 17, 2013 03:27PM
Yeah wow I seen pictures of that on Kim Moores website thats just plain nasty

Re: Virgils dream July 17, 2013 04:24PM
[www.youtube.com]

Re: Outlaw pulling safety issues July 16, 2013 09:54AM
this is in response to SAFETY comments first of all if you have little kids like i do you dont sit trackside if you dont have little kids and sit trackside then you are purposely putting yourself in harms way and if you think that guardrail is going to save you then you have issues that being said as for your thread about steering go to you tube and check out adam vaske's video with virgil's dream at rockwell 2013 his tractor had all the proper steering etc. and look what happened

Re: Outlaw pulling safety issues July 16, 2013 06:52AM
The super farm tractor with the steering issue was resolved before it pulled the sled. A broken bolt was discovered and replaced correcting the problem. There was not a safety concern as the tractor continued with the pull. If you noticed, it was driven off the track without assistance.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,764, Posts: 229,930, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM