Big Thanks to Jim Schaendorf -Radical Red August 08, 2013 01:55AM
Jim swallowed all his red pride in Coldwater, MI last night and took Blackjack D21 down the track, and he made a great pass. I hope someone has pictures or video of you on our Allis. Thanks Jim and Max for everything you do for my dad. I can't believe the friendships you make from pulling, it is awesome. Take a friend to a pull this weekend and spread the joy of this great sport!

Jason Schultz
Call or Text 608 604 5068
Email jason@beermoneypullingteam.com
Beer Money Pulling Team Merchandise [beermoneypullingteam.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2013 03:58AM by Jason Schultz.

Re: Big Thanks to Jim Schandendorf-Radical Red August 08, 2013 02:25AM
Well, Jimmy needed some kind of ride after the motor in "Radical Red" let go and spewed oil and fire all over itself. "Black Jack" made a heck of a pass. The pass was a nice way to end the show. JW

Jim are you coming to Springville, IA tonight? August 09, 2013 12:18AM
Jim,
I am afraid Dad will be as nervous as a nelly tonight at his hometown pull with Blackjack! Jim, if you leave now you can make it in time!

So much pulling going on this weekend it''s insane. I am announcing in Oshkosh tonight and Suring Sat night for Badger State, John and Stacy are in Hillsboro for the big Champions tour event Fri and Sat. Gaffney is in Iowa at Schulte's shop in New Vienna working on our 1206 The Remedy, no way it can be in Oshkosh tonight, but if they get it running this afternoon they plan on taking it to Springville, IA tonight to hook with ECI.

If you go to a pull this weekend, take someone who has never been to a pull before and let's get em hooked, we need to pay the pullers more and the only way we can pay the pullers more is if we get more butts in the seats! Take care!

Jason Schultz

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2013 12:24AM by Jason Schultz.

Re: Jim are you coming to Springville, IA tonight? August 09, 2013 01:15AM
Jason, I do have a photo of Black Jack early in Jim's hook.
I showed it to your dad.
Certainly not the best photo I've ever taken.
About 75' when Jim is still getting the clutch to take hold.
Some front end lift but lots of black smoke.
I was staged way down there thinking I want something finallly of this tractor, at least making some sort of an attempt.
After Mike climbs done off the tractor, in the staging area, from showing Jim the gear shift pattern and a couple other functions, Jim drives Black Jack onto the track.
I'm trusting and hoping it runs this time since Tom Hartsell announced they made some adjustments in the pits.
Jim backs up to the sled just like its his own tractor.
As soon as the chain is tightened, Jim feather's into the throttle.
But the sound is different this time.
Since the engine still has heat in it from its attempts a .5 hour ago, I could tell this motor is ready to spool up.
Jim just kept gradually increasing the throttle and the motor responds.
More RPM's keep coming. I'm thinking," yes, it is going to run, whatever it is they did for an adjustment".
The billowing dual smoke column cleans itself up and turns black. "Yes, that's a big improvement. It's gonna run".
I then knew I was likely standing in the wrong spot. But I learned a long time, do not even attempt to try to move uptrack when a puller is coming off the line.
That motor came alive, "Black Jack" comes off the line sounding and looking good, wondering if it will stumble.
But when the clutch is set, Jim shoves that throttle fully ahead and the motor really came alive with an ensuing fast actioned nose lift pace heading toward the left line.
A braking correction sends them off toward center right to the finsih with a crowd approving roar, including mine and your dad's opposite of me on other side of track.
What an awesome exhibition hook to end the pull.
Apparently the sled was set very close to what the Super Open class setting was. It's winner was about 275'. Jim blasted "Black Jack" easily past 320. WOW!!!!!
Mike and Jason, I want to hear of more reports like this.
Come pull with us Friday Aug. 30 at Wauseon, Ohio ("the PULLER" magazine time),
since Mike already told me he plans to pull Saline, MI (Wolverine sanction) the next night.

Re: Jim are you coming to Springville, IA tonight? August 09, 2013 01:57AM
Thanks Dave, it has been a long road taking Blackjack from ECI lim pro to super stock, but by the sounds of it, we might finally be on to something. Thanks for the invite, we will see what we can do!

Here are some pictures of both of our tractors

Jason Schultz

Jason, Just Emailed U Coldwater action photo August 09, 2013 03:57AM
Perhaps you know how to post it here.
Not the best photo I've ever taken of a SSD but it's the best and only photo of this tractor's current version.
I would love to have a video copy of that run!

Picture of Jim on Blackjack from the other night! August 09, 2013 04:00AM

Jim Schaendorf-Radical Red-GN DSS 2004 Champion-Driving Blackjack a wanna be Diesel Super from Iowa!

Thanks Dave Dann for the picture!

Jason Schultz

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,620, Posts: 229,678, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,065, Posts: 225,893.

Our newest member JD_8520